1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Having started my riding carer with a ratchet jobbie and now having had D-rings for donkey's years, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give them up.
    D-rings are so much more adjustable and ensure a secure fit every time.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

holiday over, back to work tomorrow :/

however i do have another 6 days to piss away before xmas, im thinking the week of 2077 would be a good idea.

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

So the average rider suffers for a track requirement?! You can't tell me a Bell Custom 500 or Riot is a track helmet! I ride a slow Royal Enfield in a hot country, I don't need a race lid and the Bells fit great... but they have that f***ing D ring!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well, today I learned....

Arboreal likes this.
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Finding myself listening to lots of sets from [generic dance music festival] at work to pass the time. Really boosts my mood, keeps me motivated, gets me pumped up.

Fondly remembering the days spent making house/techno music, I loved making music. Don’t get me wrong, I was no natural talent but I put the hours in! Studio monitors, interfaces, keyboards, drum machines... I had the lot... but its all sold and gone. I just lacked the confidence at the time more than anything and with no real end goal when money got tight it just had to go... I really hated that.

Material items are easily replaced in time and in reality all you need is a computer and software to begin, everything else can come in time and as you develop

but much like my degree in electronics most of that knowledge from the time is likely gone.... I no longer have the time and it just seems like It's probably out of reach.

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Not ruining my life as such but I just got refused service at Wingstop in Bluewater because I didn't want to scan the NHS app for a takeaway order. Apparently, company policy means they won't serve people unless they scan the NHS app or their own QR code (which, if the NHS request, they will give the details over to them). I'm not a conspiracy theorist or an anti-mask etc, but I don't want to be part of any tracking outside of Apple.

I was effing livid though as they are tasty wings...

7. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Before I delete them, I have a BUNCH of old dance sets (Radio 1) that are no longer listened to and basically just wasting space on a hard drive - I'd be happy to send them over. We are talking Carl Cox, Nick Warren, FSOL, Hybrid etc. Also have the 5hr set of Love Parade in Leeds - Pete Tong, Timo Mass, Seb Fontaine, Erik Morillo and Darren Emerson!

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

2020, the year that just keeps on giving...

We lost Xephy, one of our house rabbits this morning. Little guy was charging about last night and scoffed his food like every other day. This morning he couldn't stand and wasn't eating or drinking.

He passed away on the way to the vets. He was 8 and a bit years old so a reasonably age for his breed but still, it all happened so fast.

RIP little buddy, :(

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Awww sorry to hear that :(

At least he didn't suffer.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

:sigh::waah:
    [​IMG]

Don't know what happened to it. Either something has fallen into it or it fell on something and I didn't realise. Also I think I just killed my aquaero while dusting my pc with an air can. Double whammy of captain spam hands strikes again.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2020
  11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sorry to hear that. Bunnies are pretty prone to looking fine one minute and being in a really bad way the next, aren't they? Most animals are, to be fair, but rabbits seem particularly bad for sudden declines.

Losing a pet always sucks, whether it's sudden or a bit more prolonged. We had to have our last remaining cat put down a few weeks back after a terminal diagnosis and about 10 days of her being really quite poorly, and whilst it gave us time to come to terms with what was going to happen, it still hurt like hell. This weekend's main task is burying the ashes next to her pal's in the back garden, with a wee memorial stone to go next to his :(

No cats left, but we do have our three (outdoor) bunnies. I have to admit I wasn't too keen on getting rabbits but they are actually brilliant.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Crap that really does look like something has twatted it mate.

13. The_Crapman

Yeh, no idea when or how as not used in for a few weeks. It's really odd because it hasn't moved since I did a bit of tweaking and stabilising on isac before sending it off to scan. It's sat in the corner of a room we don't really use. Just no idea how it's happened which is all the more infuriating.

14. adidan

I know what you mean.

I always like to know why something has bust and if it was me i'd like to at least remember it so I can castigate myself about it, often years after it happens.

Isac finally away to Scan for glamour shots then? Awesome :thumb:

15. The_Crapman

Yeh it's definitely more annoying not knowing how it happened. The aquaero has come back to life. Might have hit it with a shot of air can in the wrong place and got too cold to work properly. That's one thing at least.

Scan have had it a few weeks now, the video is on their YouTube channel, but I wasn't particularly impressed when I saw it. They didn't log in to windows to initiate the fan controller software so the LEDs are all in default rainbow vomit mode and it kind of ruins the mod. All the pics they took were of it like that too. Don't know if they're holding onto it so long to reshoot, or just not been able to book safe passage home. Going to get a photographer friend to do a shoot with it, he's really good so will be worth the money to get some proper good pics.

IanW and adidan like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

As per FB gutted for you man.

I made "our" (ex and I) bedroom TV look like that once. She was being particularly spiteful and nasty one night in bed so I chucked a clock at it. It looked just like that. I replaced it the week after but she never let me hear the sodding end of it.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yes, Rabbits especially (when it comes to pets) are very prone to hiding any signs of illness until it is essentially too late. We had the same in 2013 when we lost one of our first house rabbits.

All I can is I am so glad he didn't scream like she did. I will remember that vividly for the rest of my life.

18. adidan

Phew, at least that's something.

Sounds like a good idea, at least then you can get it setup how you want it to look.

I know what you mean about the Scan vid but you know companies and you know alot of people like a rainbow vomfest.

Still, there's a trophy that haz ur namez on itz!

Plus you'll be able to actually use it when you finally get it back. :happy:

19. adidan

Ah poor bugger. I remember one of ours had a heart attack and made a weird screeching noise that I can still remember.

The old bugger had been bombing about happily before that - they do tend to just go from perfectly well to very not.

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye. As a prey animal you can't go showing any signs of weakness or sickness.