1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Definitely dead. lol
    [​IMG]

I'm actually really looking forward to getting the trophy and finding/building a shelf for it, but still proper gutted I'm not getting the giant cheque. lol

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ooof that's buggered, well apart from the top half :happy:

Yeah a fat cheque would be good but I guess you got some new kit without having to come up with reasons to buy it :happy:

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

And I get to cut up something in a shrinkerising. :naughty:

adidan likes this.
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The_Crapman and Pete J like this.
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I’m onboard my man!

I was listening to Carl Cox at Creamfields 2019 last week, really reignited my love for techno and house music...

I’m on the cusp of buying some studio monitors and an interface... granted we’re talking £180 for the lot so not top of the range but more then enough for now!

problem is I sold my computer “because I never use it for anything other then web browsing and I’ve got my works laptop for that” again you don’t need anything crazy but it suddenly adds up... just feeling very lost currently, I need a bit of a creative outlet

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

80km out of town driving home. First this has been my daily commute since September, spending two hours in the car on the highway 6 day a week. Second I was just head home and check engine light pops on. Nearest service is on the edge of town ~80km away so I press on. Get home, drop car off for service. Get call from service center, the engine has lost it oil and is done. I need a new engine. I am left wondering why I never got a check oil warning...
    I am also trying to figure out if I should spend $3500 CAD + labour for a second hand engine or buy a new car.

7. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Pm me your address and I’ll send them over!

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Why do people get narked when they try to let you out of a junction but you can’t go because there is a line of ******* traffic coming the other way?!

Yes Mr van driver, I would love to go but that lorry might have other thoughts...

IanW, Mr_Mistoffelees and Byron C like this.
  9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Urgh, when they're insistently flashing you, unaware that there is a cyclist moving up their inside that you'd rather not kill.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This is why I try to avoid flashing people to let them out of junctions. Sure, let people merge and don't block junctions/roundabouts, no problem, but I try to avoid flashing or waving to let people out for exactly this reason. People will assume that it's safe for them to move off when they haven't checked properly for themselves. I get the same thing too; people get really pissed when they're flashing their lights at me like crazy and getting agitated while I sit on the bike shaking my head and pointing at the traffic they're not looking at.

I'm not doing it to be a dick. Very rarely is it clear cut that I can tell it's safe for the other vehicle to move out.

11. adidan

I was wondering where you were going with that until I finished the sentence. :happy:

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I mean... I try and avoid flashing people at all if I'm being honest here...

adidan likes this.
  13. adidan

Prude :lol:

14. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Kind of a minor one, but me and "the lads" would meet up in Spintires every so often and get drunk trying to transport logs from A to B in some sort of slightly less offensive version of Top Gear. Due to the original developer falling out with the game's owner and them being apparently unable to add things without making other things broken, it's become a bit of a buggy mess, with graphical glitches and random CTDs. Its successors, mudrunner and snowrunner are, by some accounts, relatively easy compared to the hours spent slogging through siberian forests of the original so you don't perhaps get the same grinding difficulty or sense of achievement. Off to peruse that co-op multiplayer thread from a while back to see if I can find some inspiration for alternatives!

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Migrating users between domains.

One user appears to prefer the default windows new folder naming scheme of "new folder (19)" as their organisation system.

I sure hope they know what's in them all, because that pattern on the desktop is about to go bye-bye..

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Discovery that simultaneous exchange/completion is the done thing when moving house during 'rona and the stacks of uncertainty in a chain and logistical challenges when it comes to getting our stuff from one house to another that introduces.

Best case scenario there's no practical difference to any other house move, but the million and one "what ifs" that are just left flapping in the breeze are sending anxiety levels over 9000 :/

That sucks, man. We lost one of ours a few weeks ago - again quite suddenly, but that's always the way with bunnies.

We were worried that her buddy would get lonely and poorly, but so far he seems to be doing well fortunately.

Xephy and Lily (ours) can bounce away together in the bunny afterlife.

17. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

That's a pretty big change. The lack of time between exchange and completion puts all the risk on you as the purchaser for services like movers costs, if something is delayed. I feel for you.

Found a leak yesterday evening in our downstairs bathroom, looks like its been leaking for a while and seems to have destroyed some of the concrete slab. Eeek!

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Still mild, but I keep finishing my list of **** to do as this customer like.. Two hours early.

They keep saying I'm quick.

Now, the problem.

I cannot, for some reason, stop thinking "Well. I'm not here to **** cats."

I don't know where that came from, and I don't know why it's in my head.

Pete J likes this.
  19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm sure the local cats will be relieved.

liratheal likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

liratheal likes this.