1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming Mouse Recommendation / What Mouse Are You Using?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 1 Nov 2020.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

With Black Friday / Cyber Monday on the horizon I'm mulling getting a new gaming mouse. I have a MX Master 3 which I love for everything day-to-day but it's not the best for gaming to be honest. I've been reading a lot of reviews online and every time I think that I've settled on a mouse something puts me off - for example lots of review are fairly positive initially but then over time issues arise - sometimes not all that long at all.

What I really want is some suggestions of what people are actually using and how the mice are lasting over a period of time. Ideally I'd be looking for a wireless mouse but am open to wired. Also I have relatively large hands.

Thanks in advance

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

M65 RGB, I think it was £35 (which seems to be a more common price) and its well worth it for that money! I still have my original M60 which is working fine as my office mouse after around 10 years of use! Hopefully the M65 lasts as long!

Edit: I have fairly large hands and I finnd its comfortable.

Personally I'd never touch Logitech again, their quality have gone down the toilet, I went though 2 G903's in as many years (both with the same series of faults) and one set of the speakers I have in 4 months!

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Just picked up a Razer Basilisk V2 from Amazon on an offer. Was £79.99 now £44.99. Having come from an Logitech 502 I can confirm it's basically the same mouse so is superb. I still however yern for the Logitech g9x I had before that but they are only 3ver found on eBay second hand and at stupid money. Best mouse they ever made imo.

Razer Basilisk V2

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

A cheapo wireless Anker "ergonomic" mouse. Its wireless responsiveness is questionable. Only got it recently to try out these vertical grip type mice. I find working from home without people distractions I hold onto the mouse for way too long.

A wired Logitech G502 SE for gaming, had it for about a year, seems okay so far.

Previous mouse was a G5 v2, still got it, scroll wheel is no longer working consistently, gave me 9 years of good service. The one before that was a MX518, also lasted good many years. So you can see I cling on to a shape I like. I'd say I've probably got average size, or lean towards smaller hand.

5. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Logitech G5 still going strong.

Mine did that too. Just needs taking apart for a clean. There's an led and receiver either side of the spoked scroll wheel. When fuff gets stuck in the spokes it stops registering the scroll.

wyx087 likes this.
  6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

G403 bought 2017. Some minor cosmetic deterioration, but nothing that affects how the mouse works. Shape isn't as annoying [for me/my hand at least] as some. Side buttons are in a sensible place [again, for my hand at least].

7. el2k

el2k Modder

I have the Logitech G703 hero, first wireless gaming mouse I've used and love it.

The sensor is amazing and the battery lasts forever, like literally forever.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

This is very good timing, my Roccat Kone's (why do they have to have such silly names?) middle click button has stopped working so I'm after a new mouse. The Basilisk is not quite to my taste aesthetically but that is quite some features set it has listed! And the scroll wheel looks very satisfying.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

That is no match for the Corsair Nightsword RGB in the silly name department:hehe:

Jokes aside, The Nightsword is actually highly recommended due to solid build quality and comfy as hell shape.

10. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I have a Roccat Kone Pure and I love it. Great for small to medium hands, so maybe not for you, but others here my like it. Even better if you can pick it up for under £40 during a sale like I did.

I am not sure the difference but this is the updated version and is half price atm so only £30ish.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roccat-Kon...ywords=roccat+kone+pure&qid=1604327309&sr=8-3

Rocket Jump NInja seems to rate it if you hands size is not too big:

Last edited: 2 Nov 2020
  11. GeorgeK

Interesting that you're finding Corsair to be decent - I've had a look at a couple of theirs and it's good to hear that you're getting on well with them. Also, I agree about Logitech going down the drain. I had a G700s that developed a fault and Logitech did nothing to try to fix it other than offer me money off a new mouse... It wasn't that old either iirc but old enough to be out of warranty...

That was on my shortlist actually. I presume that you've not had it long? I've also been looking at the Basilisk Ultimate but it's sooo much more than the V2...

I do like the look of that but I think it'd be too small for me

12. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Ive had it long enough to see that itll do the job. Its lighter than the 502 but thats not a problem. The cable is very soft and flexible, bar some lighting affects and the lack of a cable they are pretty much the same. Id save the cash if you dont need wireless to be honest.

13. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Bar being wireless is the same as the £140 ultimate basically. AT £45 currently its a bargain! The wheel just as an FYI it very satisfying. Changing resistance depending on what I am doing is superb!

14. creative

creative 500rwhp

Razer Naga Epic Chroma for me.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I prefer wired anyway, so would not pay 100 quid more just to be wireless!
    You just sold it to me with that wheel comment!
    I play Armored Warfare, Satisfactory and Anno 1800 a fair amount so am forever zooming in and out, a satisfying wheel is key :)

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

^ same

Picked up an 'as new' one from the warehouse for twenty odd quid.

Very happy with it. I guess it depends on how you mouse, i'm not a claw grip fingertip clicker and it suits me.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Used a Zowie EC1 Evo (I think) for years and really liked it, but started having some issues with one of the buttons I think and so went to an old Intellimouse 1.1A I had lying about until I tried to fix it which I didn't really get round to giving a proper go because the Intellimouse isn't bad at all.

However was tempted recently to treat myself to either a new Zowie or one of the (cheaper) clones like the Model D, wanted to get the one sold on here but was too slow.

19. GeorgeK

I've decided to give the Razer Basilisk V2 a go. It arrived late yesterday from Amazon so I've not had a proper play yet with the various settings and profiles but it feels good in the hand. Not sure if I'll use the detachable clutch or not - @andrew8200m are you? I'll have to see how I get on with a corded mouse as I've been using wireless for over 7 years at this point

20. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Mine arrived yesterday evening, I haven't really had much time to test it either but being able to control schroll wheele resistance is god like!
    The mouse feels very nice in hand, despite my 'Wreck it Ralph' sized hands but I need to really try it out more before I can say either way. So far so good. Sorry for the hijack and thanks for the recommendation andrew2k :)

I just need a good backlit keyboard now...