1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm stealing that.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That has to be where I got this from. I must have swapped the spiders for cats.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

First full payday since the end of March, and my internet banking has suffered a T.I.T.S.U.P.*

* Total
    * Inability
    * To
    * Support
    * Usual
    * Purchases
    (Thanks to The Register for the acronym!)

EDIT - Service restored, bills paid.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2020
    Isitari and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Think I overspent on last nights auction... let my ego get in the way of a couple lots. Think my camera success from a fortnight ago probably didn't help because I overbid on two boxes of camera gear. A camera in each will make the money back on the boxes but I'm not going to be quids in at all...

Tempted to clock off early and go collect today, I won't make a loss but I'm not going to make much for the effort its going to take.

Oh well... you live and you learn!

5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Life-long idol died today

Rest in peace Sir Sean Connery

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade just a few days ago. :sad:

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The car needs £3.5k of new parts, and the work has been greenlit by the insurance company. However, the Astra I had as a hire car had to go back because now the repair garage has to supply a courtesy car.

No word of a lie, they supplied me with a twelve year old two door Corsa, with rusty bodywork. No fuel in it (natch), but I expected them to at least fill the wiper wash and properly inflate the ****ing tyres! The fronts were as low as 18 psi.

I'm missing that crappy Astra already, but I'm keeping myself busy composing a lengthy letter of complaint to LV insurance.

The only silver lining is that my Tiguan will feel like a bloody Rolls Royce in comparison; when I finally get it back. That is assuming they make a better job of looking after it that they do with their own bloody courtesy cars.

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Urgh. I feel your pain. When our Skoda was in the bodyshop a few years back they gave us a car so bad that I can't even remember the make or model, but it was horrific. Might have been a Peugot 108? Genuinely felt like it was made of tinfoil compared to the Fabia, was absolutely tiny (and the Fabia isn't exactly a big car) and I think I've seen glaciers accelerate better. When we got the Skoda back I genuinely appreciated the build quality with new eyes!

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm starting to think it's a ploy to make you blindly appreciate getting your own car back, so you don't look too closely at the hack job they made of repairing it.

perplekks45 and bawjaws like this.
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Went to my grampa's funeral today. It's been a rough couple of years for deaths in the family, and it really got to me towards the end of the service. My dad nearly four years ago. One of my uncles last year. My maternal grandfather about 6 months ago. My paternal grandfather about two weeks ago (whose funeral I was at today). Couldn't have stayed and talked to family even if I'd wanted to, it was just too much. I needed to get into a totally different headspace and there's no better way for me than getting straight back out on the motorbike...

11. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Work has furloughed staff who are actually really busy, no discussions with me about taking on work, get sent emails by the covering managers saying they don't know how to do the tasks so I have to do it because I used to do said tasks.

Managers are funny that they encoruage you to push back on extra work from people that can do things until it's them passing the work.

I'm downplaying how this is and making me feel.
    I've found jobs to apply for but my aniexty that makes be play it safe is holding me back

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Apply for them regardless, even if you go through every interview successfully at the end of it all you can still say no, no risk. (other than to your pride if you get lots of nos as has been my life for the past 6 months :D)

goldstar0011 likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This. I have often felt stuck in jobs because I was too scared to do anything about it. Trust me, in the long term it will just make you ill.

14. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Just send your CV and have a chat with them, you don't have to commit and sometimes having positive feedback is useful to break the cycle of anxious thoughts. It's what I did and I've been offered a job, just my anxiety holding me back from handing in my notice now :lol:

goldstar0011 likes this.
  15. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

New server is having some teething troubles.
    Spotted an interesting one where it isn't writing to a local drive randomly through the day and that is causing reloads to hang. Bring this up to the rest of the team, see if anyone has any suggestions, and one of my collegues says he saw it in the logs some days ago with 'Access Denied' errors but "didn't think it would be important" :wallbash:

16. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Cheers guys

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Had to RMA aio cooler, running a stock intel for ease of install/removal.

Holy **** this thing is crap and noisy.

perplekks45 likes this.
  18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

**** it, cant do this. cheap £40 aio will do for a few weeks

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

How are people so blind and so stupid!? Someone I thought was intelligent and thoughtful comes out with "we don't need a lockdown, Corona isn't that deadly, it's just an excuse to turn us into a police state" kind of ******** you expect from your inbred chavoids with tin hats. So there's another friend gone.

People are dying in their thousands, yet all they're worried about is how they're inconvenienced. Makes my blood boil.

IanW and DeadP1xels like this.
  20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I got mine/I'm ok, **** you. is hardly a new way of thinking. Sadly.

Along with 'Do the bare minimum? Gee that's just too much, can we not do less?'