1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hamfunk, 8 Nov 2020.

1. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Coming 2021

The perfect excuse to replay the series next year! I hope they dont modify the controls / combat / suit / weapons from the first game to match the second and third.

Pete J likes this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, looks like I'll be buying this and playing the games again.

Maybe this time I can break my Liara addiction.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Heh, opposite for me! Roll out the combat from ME3. Or maybe they'll implement the engine and combat from MEA, which I'd be fine with too.
    Ashley this time through then?

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've tried half a dozen times to not Liara it up, but it never works out well.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So, at last, after 13 years, all of Mass Effect will be available in one purchase on Steam. No more having to disappear into the labyrinthine tunnels of EA's old online stores and accounts to get at the DLCs. Mass Effect 2 especially needs the DLCs to become truly great.

The only change I would want them to make is to change the inventory from ME1 so that multiples stack on top of each other, instead of having endless rows of assault rifles to sell to the C-Sec Armoury guy. Maybe improve the collision on The Mako a little bit so it doesn't fall through the floor on certain points.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  6. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

Too bad this game won't be coming to my switch. :(

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I tried to replay ME1 recently and found my middle aged reflexes just couldn't get good at the weird, janky, unbalanced combat. Sometimes it was a faceroll, sometimes the face rolled me. Couldn't get to grips with it.

Then I casually chatted to the crew and all the blokes were hitting on me, and I felt personally attacked but then realised I was playing femshep, and the "told-you-so" jeering of millions of post-thirdwave feminists got so loud in my head that I had to stop playing for a bit. Still haven't gotten back to it.

It could use a texture overhaul. Most of the game looks like a potato.

I think the reasons you don't play ME1 are the reasons I do play it.

8. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Your experience has inspired me to reinstall and see if it really is the nostalgic masterpiece I remember....!

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Up the stakes and play as the same gender you find attractive in real life. Then talk to everyone, explore every dialogue tree. It's a role-playing head****.

And if you figure out what the game's easymode class/playstyle is that stops you getting 1-shot gimped by shotgun NPCs, let me know.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It's not - don't ruin the nostalgia! There are high res mods for it, but the game is OLD. Remember it was among the first generation of UT3 engine games...
    I played through it once as Femshep and didn't find anything weird. Seemed like a mirrored version of playing as Maleshep. The issue I had was that I just couldn't bring myself to play through as Renegade as it felt so WRONG (same story for the sequels). Apparently the Renegade path has some of the more interesting plot twists though.Maybe one day I'll release my inner Jack Bauer.
    Playing through on Insane, by far the best class is Adept. Later in the game, your powers become hilariously powerful, occasionally killing enemies by launching them into space. Funnily enough, the pistol is also the best weapon class, which is the Adepts only one. The order in which you do the initial missions matters as well as it allows you to level up a little. And grenades will also help massively at the start, becoming unneeded later on.

11. oscy

oscy Modder

I read they're changing the Mako sections from ME1 so I'm already disappointed.

12. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I installed the MEUITM Mod and the two expansion packs, hoping to play through them on an old HamShep save.

Boycott!!

Fizzban and Pete J like this.
  13. oscy

oscy Modder

14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I will wait to see what the reviews are like. I already doubled or tripled the size on my PC by installing MEUITM mods months ago. Unless they did something special then I'll probably just stay as I am.

I liked the Mako..yeah some mountains were annoying as f**k. But I was exploring! The UI could do with being updated to the latter games though. Graphics could use a tweak too, but unless they port over to UE4 I'm not really sure what they could do besides up the texture resolution, and we have mods for that already.

Tags: