1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I've just realised that I didn't answer your question - shipping was free, but the item cost $40 (~£31)

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Cheers for the info!

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Keter stuff sucks, so do metal sheds (condensation) if you need a she'd get a proper she'd.

Goatee likes this.
  4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

A little home office upgrade since the other half is WFH forever more.

Xerox B215 mono laser MFP for a shade over £160 delivered. Bargain!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

If by “proper” you mean wooden, I don’t want a wooden shed. I don’t even want a shed, I want a couple of outdoor cupboards. And if that means I have a sucky cupboard so be it, though plenty of internet randoms seem to disagree with your sucky assessment.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

To add my own disagreement, I've a plastic Keter outdoor box and it's been fine. The hasp for the padlock cracked after about five years, but Keter sent me a replacement free of charge so I've no complaints.

7. Mister_Tad

Yes but this is the Internet, so of course shed gate-keeping is a thing. :lol:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it's not basically a mini house is it even a shed?

/s

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

As they are plastic, they will last longer if you keep them in the dark...

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Imagine buying something without seeking our approval first. What a noob!

:p:

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Fair enough, I've no skin in the game, you do what's right for you, my opinion is of course my own and everyone is free to have their own view.
    If it was a choice between Keter or having to store my lawnmowers under the dining room table, I'd buy a goat.

Of course if you were doing it properly you get a couple or 3 of 472-463L-MM08 dotted around the gaff

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I've had a Keter double wheelie bin storage shed-thingy with a gas piston lift lid for over 5 years now. The only thing that I could complain about is the green plastic lid has faded in the sun - but that's totally to be expected. Other than that, it's still in the same mechanical condition as new.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah this is a good point. If you can maybe build something that covers the tops and protects them from sunlight (and are gentle with them...) they should do a lot better.

I won't lie mum has treated hers pretty rough. She's rather old now, so just lobs things in there (like garden forks etc before she couldn't do that any more). That said, it is listed as a shed, and sheds should be able to hold up.

14. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Oh wow, yeah, now I could really do with some 472-463L-MM08 ... superior to all sucky plastic sheds I agree.

15. Mister_Tad

Whilst these claim to be UV resistant and fade proof, I won't have a chance to test as they will literally never see the light of day, up against the north-facing wall.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  16. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Not a recent purchase but I now have a pair of these 4K 27" LG UHD IPS HDR10 Monitors on my desk.
    [​IMG]
    It has me now browsing monitor stands as they ones that come with the monitors a little wobbly and they have no height adjustment.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. Mister_Tad

Just booked a company to move a full size grand piano from Cheshire to Nottinghamshire (room-to-room) and I'm currently not sure whether it was way cheaper, or way more expensive than I was expecting.

All of the quotes were comparable so I guess it's just the going rate, but it's one of those things that could have equally had quotes of in of £100 and thought "yes that seems about right" or £1000 and thought "yes well of course it is"

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Jealous of the need to move a full size grand :D

19. Mister_Tad

Mrs_Tad is the musical one - you might get chopsticks out of me on it but that's about it.

Her lifetime music teacher and general Grandma figure left her the piano in her will earlier this year. Just as well we've just moved house as we wouldn't have been able to take it otherwise, they're just finishing off the house clearance now. It's a ~1930 Bluthner, needs a bit of cosmetic TLC but has been very lovingly cared for.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Haha fair enough, very nice, only ever played a Yamaha and Steinway myself and always said one day I'd have a house big enough to be able to have a grand.

Latest purchases myself being a Razer Deathadder v2, fancied treating myself to a new mouse since my zowie half knackered itself earlier this year and a couple of studio ghibli BR, although since buying them and before they've arrived their price has dropped on Amazon, so going to see if I can get a refund or if I'm going to have to send back and reorder!