1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

the 2009 one, where you can switch between old and new.

Still doesn't work properly on steam, only runs in Windows mode
    No already finished:
    Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Next game: The Whispered World:

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. Xir

Xir Modder

Oh, of course, these two don't run in full screen mode either, only in windowed mode :rollingeyes:

3. GraceLl

GraceLl What's a Dremel?

Age of empires 3 DE ,so many new experiences from an outdated game:thumb:

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Metro Exodus - played through it again with RTX on this time. Didn't notice much of difference.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Any good? Not played the Metro games although I think I got an old one when it was free on Steam (?).

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Really? My friend and I were playing Wolfenstein Youngblood and the difference is night and day. Must be a case of good implementation.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Probably still just as fighty, but plenty of exploring too. Bottom line, I'd definitely play it.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They're all definitely worth taking the time to play, I just don't think RTX is anything to write home about in the last one. It doesn't take anything away from the game itself though.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Noted.

I shall remove the RTX post it note from the shroud of my 1080. :thumb::happy:

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension. A feature-length game built on the core concept from the game jam title There Is No Game. Absolutely fantastic, and one of the best games I've played in a long time. Short, though: took me 4.7 hours, and that was with getting a little stuck on a couple of the puzzles. Still took me two months to finish, though, because I don't get much time to game these days!

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I finished SOTTR recently. It's much better than Rise, which I still haven't completed.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Control. Man, that was buggy. Not a fan of the combat, so I won't be going back for more after the "end" - and I'm not forking out for the expansions, either, so just read the summaries on a wiki instead.
    Not sure how I feel with the game being effectively retconned as an Alan Wake sequel, and yes I found the other references in the base game. It was cute when it was an Easter egg, less so when it's canon.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Did you not enjoy the lovecraftian atmosphere and hints?

14. Gareth Halfacree

The story was literally the only reason I completed the game. I'm a big fan of the SCP wiki, and Control is that with the serial numbers filed off. I would have loved a puzzler/walking simulator version of the game, without - or with less, at least - the boring combat.

perplekks45 likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Finished Senua's Sacrifice today. Enjoyed that - looking forward to the sequel!

16. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I thought it was incredibly samey.
    Hardly any variety beyond the central 'teleport here and there and fight crash test dummies' premise.
    Massively overhyped in my view.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Yeah, the game was boring. The lore was fun. It'd have made a good TV miniseries, or - as mentioned upthread - a decent puzzler/walking simulator. Worth fighting through, I think, but I'm glad I got it on Game Pass and didn't pay £60 or whatever new-release games cost these days.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Does it hold up throughout, quality-wise? The opening really grabbed me but I wondered how repetitive it might get and whether the story would be satisfying or not, given its low budget and small dev team.

19. Gareth Halfacree

I thought it did a good job. The story's interesting, though the ending is blatant sequel-bait - and to get the "true" ending you have to have every single one of the collectables, and I can't be faffed to replay it to find all of those so I'll just watch the bit I missed on YouTube instead. It does a good job of mixing gameplay styles, with the fighting broken up by puzzle sections, a stealth section that somehow didn't annoy the crap out of me like most stealth sections do, and stuff like that, to keep things fresh. I'd definitely say to stick with it if you found the opening strong.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Interesting. I played it for a short but, the first boss fight annoyed me so much with its almost Souls-like dance of evade and strike I stopped playing. Was it me or are fights very much a game of evading a lot, striking every now and then?