1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CM Storm Quickfire TK Keycaps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregTheRotter, 28 Nov 2020.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Hi guys, is anyone here an expert on what keycaps to get to replace the ones I've currently got? Currently my left shift key has a huge indent in it from wear, while a few other keys are looking very sorry for themselves. :sigh:

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

What size is your left shift - ANSI and ISO layouts vary a lot in that regard.

If it's a 1.25 black ABS cap for a backlit board, I probably have a CM one in the spares cupboard.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Is it from the Argos misprice a few years back? It's UK layout with \ next to left shift.

I'm interested in same answer, more for future reference. A lot of my keys have visible wear smoothness. Space bar in particular, 2 smooth areas for my thumb.

I guess we can buy any other cherry key caps for the main keyboard? But the numpad will have to be Quickfire TK because of its special 00 key?

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

[img[https://forum.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-47/post-944647-1502448120_thumb.jpg[/img]

UK ISO, is what I've got.

I was looking at this forum post;

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53728.0

and someone said the main issue is with the shorter space bar and the bottom row of keys either side of the space bar. I'm not really bothered if those keys don't get swapped out, as it's just the "C" "shift key left of the "\" key, "w","s","d","x". Saying that, would you say this set would do the trick?

https://www.cclonline.com/product/2...ble-Shot-Keycaps-Dolch-UK-ISO-Layout/KBD1430/

5. David

You say you don't mind if those keys don't get swapped out, but it gnaws at you. Trust me, I know.

My son has a UK ISO Quickfire TK - I'll dig out my spares and check them against his board.

Exactly which keys do you need? Left Shift, C, X, W, S, D - is that them all?

Last edited: 30 Nov 2020
  6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Yeah all the rest of the keys are pretty much flawless. It's only those keys. :o:

7. David

Ok - I have those - pm me your address

8. David

I don't think I have a spare space bar or TK numpad keys (other than those that are on my spare TK board in the loft), I'll check again though. Tell me which keys you're looking to replace and I'll see if I have them.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2020
  9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Thanks for your very generous offer. It's not too bad for now.

But for future reference, can I ask how and where did you get the spare keycaps? What do I search for?

10. David

A few years back I bought a couple of dead boards on ebay to harvest caps and switches - but one was Nordic, so some of the kaycaps were a bit funky. They were like new though, and it was well worth it.

I know Coolermaster's CMStore.eu used to sell keycap sets, but they moved away from the iOne keyboard format quite a while back, so their current sets have a uniform width modifier row now.

wyx087 likes this.