1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Ayleid

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DjChrisK94, 30 Nov 2020.

1. DjChrisK94

DjChrisK94 What's a Dremel?

An InWin 928 Casemod, based on the Ayleid ruins of the "Elder Scrolls" Games (specific TES IV Oblivion and Elder Scrolls Online)

I planed this build in June 2019, and started building it in January 2020 and still build it, even it is in use. Unfortunaly i forgot to take many build-pictures. So you have to trust me that I don't lie ;). BTW, its my first casemod and watercooled pc

Here are the Specs of My build (pictures will follow the next few days)
    Case: In Win 928
    Mainboard: MSI X570 Prestige Creation
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GPU MSI RTX 2080 ti Ventus
    RAM G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver 32GB Dualkit, 3200 MHz Cl14
    Storage: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSDs (500GB and 2TB), 1x Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA SSD; 1x Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD
    PSU: BeQuiet DarkPower 11 1000W 80 Plus Platinum
    Watercooling: EK Waterblocks CPU Block, GPU Block, GPU Backplate, Pump and Radiators, Watercool Reservoir, Bitspower Fittings and Hard-Tubes, 9x Alpenföhn Wing Boost 3 RGB 140mm Fans, Aquacomputer Fan Controll (Aquaero 6 LT)

Last edited: 24 Dec 2020
    Jean R built likes this.
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You might want to try Bit's picture storage instead of google drive. (although I'm not sure you can access it if you are really new.)

3. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

If you have some minutes you can use Flickr to share your photos.

Flickr keeps the original quality and you can upload a lot of pics before the needs to swap to a paid account.

With it you can share them easily.

Sharing with Google photos is not the best way, at least in my opinion.

4. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

I see, don't worry we'll check the photos when they are visible :thumb:

DjChrisK94 likes this.
  5. Cheapskate

Oh, yeah. We do have moderators. :lol: If you saw some of the cr*p that got posted by bots you'd understand.

DjChrisK94 likes this.
  6. DjChrisK94

Oh I Understand it. Realy. The Link is free now, its the 2nd post. I cant upload pictures directly in Bit Techs Picture Storage. always getting allerts file size is to big or safety errors. even if i downsample them from 4k footage to 720p or less.
    *EDIT Uploading Problems are gone now

Last edited: 3 Dec 2020
  7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, I still have traumatic flashbacks to when I was a moderator...

[​IMG]

8. DjChrisK94

I did some custom acrylic panels for the inside and outside of the InWin 928 case. Ech wire of the power connectors can go through seperatly. works similar to a cable comb
    00 CAD Bottom Plate Oblivion LOGO.jpg
    Bottom plate with Oblivion Logo and Pass-Through for the Watercooling Tubes

00 CAD Motherboard Tray.jpg
    The Main Plate, also with Pass-Throughs and a window for the reservoir

00 CAD Front and Top Grill.jpg
    Fan grills for the Outside of the case. I Dit some Cutouts and covered the holes with them in Front and Top

00 CAD Fangrill Inside Top.jpg
    Fangrill for the Inside maybe??? I am not shure for now. I need 2 places in the Inside and actualy searching for the best disign. this one is my favorite, but only for the top. front doesn't match with the fan-position

Last edited: 18 Mar 2021
  9. DjChrisK94

Testing GPU position with an older GPU (Galax / KFA2 1060 6GB GDDR5X, Galax has different names in different countries, in my country it is KFA2) and marking Cutouts for cables and pass-throug fittings on the Motherboard Tray. I didn't like the position of the GPU. Sorry for the mess in the background^^
    01 Mainboard in Case with GPU Placeholder 01.jpg
    01 Mainboard in Case with GPU Placeholder 02.jpg

Last edited: 2 Jan 2021
  10. DjChrisK94

Painting the case in March 2020. The Case should remind a little bit like an Ayleid-Ruin of the "The Elder Scrolls" games and so black isn't the right collor. I also paintet the inside-curves of the fangrills with silver and rust-fx-paint in layers so it looks like rusted steel
    02 Painted Case with Acrylic Panels Front and Top.jpg 02 Painted Case with Acrylic Panels Front.jpg 02 Painted Case with Acrylic Panels Top.jpg

Cheapskate and neSSa like this.
  11. DjChrisK94

Getting the final laser cuttet acrylic panels. for the Bottom pannel i also did a clear panel only with the pass-throughs for cables and fittings (not the symbol) and a chanel for an LED strip and frosted it so the led lights getting smoother 03 Finish Bottom Plate Lasercut Acrylic.jpg

The Motherboard-Tray gets a Mounting frame for the inside fangrills. you can see it in later pictures (will follow soon. need to downsample them)
    03 Finish Mainchamber Plate Acrylic.jpg

A Peripherial Mounting plate for the SSD, the Aquaero 6LT and some RGB Hubs. Its mountet on the backside over the PSU
    03 Perephial Mounting Plate.jpg

12. DjChrisK94

Here you can see my attempt not to cry when i sleeved the cables with Parracord (shrinkless, also first time) for the BeQuiet PSU. i know, everybody says, "if you whant to sleeve your cables by yourself for the first time, start with nylon. its easier and you won't be so frusttratet after all".... i tryed it, but i think after all nylon sleeve is harder to handle than parracord^^... and i think it worth it
    04 Trying Custom Cables 01.jpg

The big black plate in the background is a part-painted clear acrylic plate for hiding holes and getting a better window for the led lightning. i also put some alumic foil on the side where the reservoire is placed 04 Trying to Custom Cable 02.jpg

and of course the front view is chaotic as the back side while sleeving. i didn't made an extension for the 24p cable of the PSU. but... 05 Caos with 24P Connector.jpg

... i did it. everything is working fine, no damage, etc. in the window of the reservoir and the cutout of the Oblivion logo i addet some transparent Montage Glue. It looks like water whenn the leds are on. I also frostet the tubes a liitle bit. thanks to a tutorial of Bit-Tech Master-Mind Alex Banks^^
    05 All Done.jpg

13. DjChrisK94

I use the pc since i did the cables and filled the water-cooling loop. i haven't finished it till now but i will restart working on it in a few days. when an update comes you will know it. I planet to paint the reservoir, adding some fangrills and covers in the inside and a little more. for now here are some detail pictures of the curent state of this mod. this state of the mod is since end of march/ april 2020. the detail-pictures 03-09 are taken in september, 01-02 taken right after i did the cable-sleeving and filling the system

06 Detail 01.jpg
    06 Detail 02.jpg
    06 Detail 03.jpg
    06 Detail 04.jpg
    06 Detail 05.jpg
    06 Detail 06.jpg
    06 Detail 07.jpg
    06 Detail 09.jpg
    06 Detail 10 Complete setup.jpg

14. 4LIEN

4LIEN Modder

Very nice and clean mod! Also super setup studio!

DjChrisK94 likes this.
  15. Cheapskate

That came out great. :D
    I wouldn't paint the reservoir. It's acetal, and that stuff is nearly impossible to get paint to stick to.

DjChrisK94 likes this.
  16. DjChrisK94

well from the reservoire (watercool heatkiller) i have the original top without connectors for tubes. i will try it first with this one befor i paint the res in the mod. i will use plastic primer for the base of the paintjop and than acrylic paint in white. if it won't work with the original res top cover i wil only sanded the black alumic strut of the res so the black paint will come off. if the test paint will work i will paint the acetal parts of the res in white too. but thanks for the tipp.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2020
  17. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

Depending on the situation a good vinyl wrap is a very good alternative to paint, you just need to do a very deep clean of the parts to be wrapped, and be careful about the bubbles.

18. keenan

keenan Minimodder

Man I really like these new bulky Inwin cases! Nice mod and amazing setup!

19. DjChrisK94

A friend of mine came by last week. She said that my room could use something green. She thought on plants. But she knew, I am more deadly for plants than a desert. So she bring some plastic plants. I put it to my mod. I Like it :)
    07 Flowerpower 01.jpg
    07 Flowerpower 02.jpg

The Fangrills i made in CAD will come next year... hope that the mod will be done in the end of January. Merry Christmas all :)

Last edited: 24 Dec 2020
    Cheapskate likes this.
  20. DjChrisK94

InWin have their 35th Aniversary. so Happy Birthday InWin. I shared my build for their Celebration-Galery today. they must confirm it first, but next Wednesday (6th January) it should be online :D