1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I got paid and that’s always good news... it’s also just over three weeks until payday again! Really be glad to see the back of this year in a lot of ways, I don’t envision 2021 being “my year” but it can’t be much worse!..... can it!?

Managed to list a bunch of stuff I collected yesterday, one box was a real goldmine of cameras, most average joe would look past them as complete rubbish (like me) but we’re talking 25+ cameras from anywhere between £20-£60... and that’s not always in working order. Given I spent £13 on the entire box I’m happy to let that burn away. I’m already into profit

Arboreal likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well that makes a bloody change !

Two days ago I found some Quad S1 speakers ex demo for £375. Well, I found them about a week ago as part of Hifix's black Friday special but could not order them until two days ago. So I did. Not heard anything from them since. I did note they were apparently still available yesterday morning, but soon vanished. So I figured maybe they had two pairs. Then I figured maybe they over sold them and I would get screwed. Turned out to be the latter. They had over sold them, to five people, but I got in first. Which never happens. So they shipped out earlier.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Well that was smart! That's 3 customers they lost, who probably won't go back.

4. Vault-Tec

Seems to be something they do often going by Trustpilot. They do resolve it nicely, but yeah their cart system seems to be a bit slow.

Just need to find the final part of the jigsaw now, another TMC power amp. Sod's law there was a 100w one mint on Ebay for £320. As soon as I get the cash? gone. It had been there 3 weeks grrr.

There are a couple of ints on there now, may just grab one of those.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

6. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

MY EYES ! The PC looks good, but bleedin' hell is that .. is that, it is isn't it ... it's somebodys ugly mug on the left side page !:lol::lol::lol:

7. The_Crapman

[​IMG]

8. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I have a new gaming pc

And I put the wd40 in the garage this time ...

The_Crapman and Arboreal like this.
  9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Beard-be-gone session 4 in four hours

Byron C and The_Crapman like this.
  10. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Starting my new job on Monday after being let go from my old one earlier in the year. Looking forward to this, for an employer I've worked for in the past and have much appreciation for. Even though this new role is just a contract role, it means I no longer have to make ends meet by being a delivery driver/skivvy for a certain large online store distribution 'organisation' (to use the word loosly).

Will be working from home too, which is a bonus in this weather.

11. Vault-Tec

I'll have you know that just happens to be BT's finest raspberry ripple !

12. Vault-Tec

PUBG, again.

Last night we totally sucked. There was no getting around it. We kept landing too late in areas full of people and getting slaughtered and it just wasn't happening.

Later in the evening we landed in a town full of people again. Our two best players died very quickly, unarmed, and Tre and I decided to just "get in" and see what happened. By get in it's kinda like the gulag on COD I suppose. However, it is much more vicious. As the game goes on it gets progressively vicious and often we have "died in the blue zone" without even firing a single shot. So last night we had to get in, so started running. We were aiming for a farm building which was in the zone, and would remain so. I stopped at a wrecked building and heard a car go past. I watched it basically go where we were going to head, ruining our plans. It had four well armed people in it and we knew we had no chance. As Tre made his way in I got shot in the head with no helmet on (couldn't even find one in that game) and went down. Tre started running in to revive me but there was just no point. So all of a sudden Dave comes up with this idea to basically sneak over there, steal their car (making their lives a misery as they would have to do loads of running and probably die) and to honk as he drove away.

Tre sneaked over whilst I laid on the ground dying. He managed to get in unseen, stole the car, and then honked as he drove away leaving us crying with laughter. When he arrived to me I had just died, so he blew up the car just to troll them. I don't know what was funnier. Tre doing that, or him saying "I just committed TWOC, I've never done anything vindictive before".

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<3

Had a little 4hr nap earlier. Will get a proper night's sleep tonight before I'm back on it tomorrow morning. Was thinking of starting earlier tomorrow since I'll actually be streaming for ~25-26 hours, by the time I account for lunch & dinner breaks... Will probably just stick to plan and start at 1000 - gives me chance to have a shower and get ready!

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Fixed a camera for a family friend, was late fathers old point and shoot so had significant sentimental value. Fix wasn’t hard by any standards a cleanup of some old leaked batteries that had seized the battery compartment shut solid but was turned away as not worth saving by someone local.

Somehow it got referred to me by my mother who confused buying cameras to sell as meaning I had any idea what I was doing...

extremely satisfying to see the power light come on and successfully flash and take a picture..

15. The_Crapman

I've lived in this house for over 3 years and in that time, I've not been able to make a coffee and use the toaster at the same time as the wall socket in the kitchen was iffy and only had 1 functioning socket. Today i finally got found to changing the sockets out and set off the espresso machine and toaster at the same time. It felt good.

Shame my bread making skills have got so good and it's too tall to fit in the toaster :hehe:

IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Had to knock it on the head at about 3am this morning even though I had ~8hrs to go. Everything ached, had a stinking headache, felt dizzy & light-headed, felt really queasy... I think 40hrs of streaming between Friday morning and this morning is enough though! :grin:

Lessons learned for next time:
    • I can probably massively simplify my audio capture setup - I wish I'd known that OBS Studio can do real-time monitoring!
    • Start in the evening instead of the morning
    • One 24hr session is enough!

17. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Being given a box of coin sets that were apparently going to be worth £500 (based on the other box going for that) and today being offered a LOT LOT more. Holiday planning for next year has started in earnest!

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Received an email from head office about this month's paycheck, containing two words I'm not familiar with:-

• Special
    • Bonus
    :eek:

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Careful, there was a whole big argument a few pages back when that 'b' word was last mentioned :grin:

In all srsnss, congrats.

bawjaws likes this.
  20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I always get given one of those beer filled advent calendars, and this year it is truly excellent.

It started well but I thought it would taper off into bulk bought dross but it's not, every one has been something special. Tonight, a Northern Monk pale ale :o:

IanW and MadGinga like this.