1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Gratitude for BitTech

Discussion in 'General' started by goldstar0011, 4 Dec 2020.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm in a low place right now, personally, professionally, emotionally but one thing I always gravitate to for comfort is the BitTech forums.

At face value people may think it's odd people but I love the topics, the community, even the arguments, I see the family, I feel part of the family.

Keep being yourselves BT

xaser04, adidan, Fizzban and 16 others like this.
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    *inserts plug for the great bit-tech discord as well

adidan, Nexxo, The_Crapman and 2 others like this.
  4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I've said it before, Bit-Tech is a sort of family to me, and I try to check in every day
    Gawd bless you, one and all

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I think we've all taken a beating this year. Just make sure you take care of yourself. :thumb:

adidan, Vault-Tec, Arboreal and 3 others like this.
  6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

So I passed out blind drunk on the couch Friday night, was a very emotional and enjoyable night.
    I'm not sure if I've given up on everything and just going through the motions or I'm ready to let it all go and start again.

7. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Hey, you would be surprised how many of us feel, or have felt, similar. Times are tough right now, but make sure you reach out to us if you need to. You may find yourself helping others as much as you help yourself.

adidan, Arboreal and goldstar0011 like this.
  8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I've found Bit-Tech to be detrimental to my mental health as often as it's been vital to it. But, as you say, it's a family, and families are kinda like that.

Also as I grow older and wiser I do begin to realise that this duality has as much to do with me as it does to do with Bit-Tech.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Indeed. With age generally comes acceptance of views other than your own. To think I was so opinionated about pointless things :hehe:.

10. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

One of the few corners of the internet left that isn't dominated by toxic users and click-bait :clap:

adidan, Arboreal, Sentinel-R1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

So... I've not been around these parts much in recent times, but it's really cool to see so many familiar names still sharing cheesecake. Hope you're all dandy.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  12. boiled_elephant

Right back at ya! By the way your signature links have been broken by the forum migration. The only way to reinstate them is by searching the forum for body text or thread titles of the original threads, if you can remember them. I had to do it.

13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Hadn't spotted that, I'd better do some digging, thanks. I'm so far out of the PC scene I think I need to find my old sig just to remind myself what specs I'm toting.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean now. I was browsing in Mobile view, so no signatures show up at all, but swapping to Desktop I can see my old sig and am reminded that there was a hyperlink now.

Apart from the gfx card and hdd I'm still rocking the same PC, built 11 years ago now based off a Hardware Buyer's guide on this very site. They don't seem to do those articles anymore so far as I can see.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2020
  14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

most of them should redirect. I added some nginx rules for it a while back. I can't seem to find these ones but I'm happy to look into it if someone can find an old URL not covered by the rules and they provide the old and new links.

15. boiled_elephant

Bruh. Do you know how long it took me to fix mine manually? It was at least 15 minutes. Maybe 20. 0/10, quitting forum

16. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Round 2, will post later ..............................

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I feel a deep urge to thank you as you should be thanked, but direct linking of stuff died long ago. Why do I even have these vast stores of gifs and images? Silly forum wants me to link to cancer sites like Faceache and Waffle just to post a funny face. No bueno.

18. MLyons

Offer still stands if anyone has examples of old urls and new urls for the same post. I'm all about keeping old links working.

On topic of this thread, I can't thank this community enough. I joined here as a fresh apprentice and was instantly welcomed by the community and feel like I'm apart of it. I've now been here nearly four years and although a few faces have changed and we've added discord to the mix for community engagement it still feels like the wholesome place I joined.

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I missed my summoning by several days. I must be getting old.
    I love you guys. :D -Hell, I liked ComputerKing, even though he crashed my computer a dozen times... :lol:

boiled_elephant likes this.
  20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Good evening everyone! This has been a rather nice community to be part of over the past couple of years.

DeadP1xels, goldstar0011 and MLyons like this.