1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

The forums do seem to be getting a bit more confrontational these days. Not sure if it's a symptom of lockdown getting to everyone, or perhaps a consequence of the userbase here shrinking to the point that it's more difficult to filter out those who we find disagreeable.

Whatever the cause, it's a shame when good users feel that they need to leave, whether temporarily or permanently. I'd be sorry to see you go, @Byron C , so I hope you stick about.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Don't take things too seriously, @Byron C. This forum is not the same it was 10 years ago, sure, but I'm still here to get on everybody's nerves! That's gotta count for something, right?

Pete J and adidan like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's healthy to take a break every now and then. My usual one in summer was scuppered by 2020 being 2020.

Felt myself getting annoyed far too easily so took a few days off forums and, more importantly, news! Damn the dross and 99% of negative crap that gets pumped into our heads everyday, well, i think we've all done well not to eat others faces.

perplekks45, bawjaws and Pete J like this.
  4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

My back is killing me!

Needed to repaint the walls in my room and get a whole new desk setup etc, so started it at 8:30am yesterday morning.

At around 11am the room was stripped and ready for painting, only my back decided that it wanted to lock up and not allow me to do anything.

Took some tablets and after 20 minutes or so it started to ease off, so back at it I went and got the whole room painted and what I thought was going to be a "Dark Blue" colour turned out to be a "Light Blue", not bad really but I would have preferred it to be a "Dark Blue".

Cut to 5pm and the Ikea Alex Drawers were built and the cheap "Sofa Feet" were mounted to the top of them ready for the "Karlby" top to go on, only I went to lift it upstairs and couldn't lift it.

Got in a nice hot bath and spent 2 hours in the bath just soaking my back and when I got out, I could move a lot easier but this morning, I got out of bed and I am barely able to move but I have got to have everything else finished by the end of today (just taking a break for an hour).

Got my monitors on the monitor arm, and now my OCD is kicking in because the Vesa mount is at a different height on the back of the monitors so one is higher than the other, so new monitor arm's needing next year and instead of having a dual monitor arm, I am going to go with a single monitor arm for each.

New plug sockets are wired up and tested and both new sets of sockets work fine.

Next up once my back eases of a bit, is to get the shelves mounted above the monitors, both pc's brought in and put in place roughly so I can work out the cabling and the cable management, then try and get my 16 port switch mounted to the back of one of the set's of drawers and then it's putting it all together neatly and then working out where the camera, mic, pi-hole, mixer, usb hubs and some other bit's are going to go.

That is if my back eases off enough to be able to do it all, otherwise it's a call/text to my manager and book tomorrow off work in order to get it finished and find out how I can get a new back!

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Google
    Apparently it can't find my account and has logged me out of everything, which is a pain in the backside.

6. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Is that due to a Google outage?

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You'd think I'd check that first before going in to a panic :worried:

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

To be fair, I only know because my other half just mentioned it to me, and I then Googled it :hehe: It would seem search still works, but nothing else!

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It seems to be back now, I just checked gmail & youtube.

10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Time to call it a day on my marriage :wallbash:

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah crap, whatever the reason I hope you're doing as ok as can be expected under the circumstances.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  12. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

That is a shame, even if you both know it's coming it can still be difficult to make that decision. I hope you can both move on without animosity, and I wish you well.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Sorry to hear, though I have a friend who got divorced a couple of years ago and he's not looked back.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  14. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm sure it's for the best too, I would still fight to save it but she seems 100% sure and I feel 65% sure.
    Excited to get my own place and live to my own schedule but I get lonely depsite loving my own space, my social circle is the size of a 2p and anxiety is high.

But it's happening so I look at the good things which helps

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

If it helps, mate, Louis CK made a fairly salient point about divorce: it never really happens when it shouldn't have. The fact of its happening means it's probably not even something people should commiserate, in the big picture, because it's probably the best thing that could happen. There are exceptions and odd situations, of course, but usually if it's going off the rails, it belongs off the rails and in the...this metaphor broke down, I don't know where trains go to die.

Rather than offering condolences for what will probably be a positive development for you in the long term I'll just say: I hope this opens up new horizons for you.

goldstar0011 and adidan like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sometimes you don't realise how unhappy you have become in a relationship. The urge to fight on is strong and it's only when it's over that you realise how happy you can be.

I never understood this in my first marriage and dragged it on for probably two years longer than it need have gone on for. I learned this in my second marriage. It was time to move on. The loneliness will pass. I have now realised I don't want to be with any one again. Ever.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sold an old pioneer CD separate on eBay for parts, I remember the buyer because she was a reverend... I stopped buying hifi gear shortly before selling this, it’s too big, easily destroyed in transit and overall causes me a lot of headaches.

Anyway, Got the pioneer from an auction, plug was gone and I didn’t have a spare so sold it for parts. Ended up breaking even in the end (£12) description stated it was untested and sold for parts. Condition was for parts and not working and would likely need repair. I didn’t want to whack a plug on and not pat test it for sale, it didn’t seem right.

anywho, lovely message from said reverend today... accusing me of selling a broken item.... how it was quite clearly broken. I was some sort of thieving scum of the earth etc how I was going to hell... she presumed it was working... I’d sold her a broken pioneer CD player for parts!? Accused me of sending an item to save paying for disposal? (It’s not a washing machine) all this ridiculous unfounded judgmental hog wash.... from a reverend!

explained she had bought an item described as not working, offered to take it back on the pretence she’d made a mistake, no reply as of yet...

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that's not very Christian.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2020
    boiled_elephant likes this.
  19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I have a lot of contact with CofE types, living in rural Lincolnshire, and I can confirm that while some of them are lovely and virtuous people, plenty are bizarrely misanthropic, bitter and hostile. It always amazes me.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Seem almost as if any religious persuasions don't even factor into whether someone is an a-hole or not.