1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Unifi 6 LR APs finally in stock, been waiting on these before wiring up APs in the new place.

And also, office chair for Mrs_Tad
    [​IMG]

And now it's here I quite fancy it for myself, mine being the same chair but in a different colour combo.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2020
  2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Finally got my new desk setup.

It's a pair of Ikea Alex Drawers with a Karlby top (usual Ikea setup) with a cheap pair of furniture feat from Amazon.

To go with it, I got a new Artic Dual 32" Monitor arm for both monitors, a new Acer 32" monitor (Left one) for my 2nd pc and also to have 2x 32" monitors for work.

New GoXlr Mini mixer and a cheap LED light from Amazon which to my suprise provides a decent amount of light.

New Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse and some new HDMI and Displayport cables.

I also have a little 5" screen which I am going to use for a sensor panel but need a case for it first but that will be going under the Right monitor next to the GoXlr Mini.

Next on my list eventually is a Wireless Keyboard, new Mic, Wireless headphones, Wireless keyboard and mouse (small ones) for the 2nd machine.

I know it looks like a lot of cables on the desk but there isn't really, there is the Surgace Go charging lead, Keyboard lead, Webcam lead, Mouse charging lead and Phone charger.

Normally most of the cables are pushed back when not in use to behind the desk in to the cable management system, as you cannot see any of the cables under the desk because of the cable management system which was all off Amazon.

Excuse the bottle of Nail Polish remover, I needed to get some 3M tape of the window behind me but it didn't work, and my tablets will be put on the shelves above the desk, and if you are curious as to why the shelves are not together it's because the wall is not straight and there would be a gap anyway, so I put them slightly apart.

[​IMG]

3. Aytos

Aytos Minimodder

Decided to pull the trigger on Ryzen 4750g. I was surprised by package size and its content - I ordered just CPU.

[​IMG]

The box on the left is what I was handed by DPD. On the right is actual content with tray CPU.

[​IMG]

Some freebies were thrown in: thermal paste, Wraith cooler (not sure if Stealth or Spire, since I don't plan using it), pen, protective masks and jelly beans.

[​IMG]

The CPU itself.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2020
    Arboreal and Byron C like this.
  4. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Where did you order it from?

5. Aytos

Aytos Minimodder

For some reason I didn't take photo with the bag that they send me also, otherwise question wouldn't be necessary. It wasn't cheap for sure (same price as on Ebay), but current prices for PC-parts are crazy right now overall. The receipt has "24 monate garantie" text - not sure how much this is worth, since warranty for OEM stuff is bit grayish.

[​IMG]

6. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I wonder if the cooler and paste (but not probably the kinda-cool shopping bag or haribo) are bundled in for some "licence" issue ? Like you used to be able to buy OEM windows as long as you bought some other hardware at the same time.

7. Aytos

Aytos Minimodder

I don't think so, since on receipt only CPU is listed. For legal reasons some shops bundle Ryzen 4000 series with motherboards. Other shops (mostly based in Germany) just don't care and sell those SKUs anyway.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Clutch finally failed on my cordless drill, so upgraded. Now to choose what free gift I choose

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Couple of 4tb reds.

Couple of 8tb externals for shucking, because upon reflection the prices were too similar to 4's to pass up, considering my WD store discount.

Because 16 bad sectors concerns me.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2020
  10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

this

[​IMG]

been very silly this year...

trigger, IanW, perplekks45 and 3 others like this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice. Those are nice-looking bikes, never ridden one myself though.

12. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Got a one a these :

[​IMG]

adidan and yuusou like this.
  13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

It's stupid fun, more than enough grunt but also one of those rare machines that doesn't egg you on to do things that might end badly. I plan on blacking this out (will decide what to do with the tank later) and putting lots of highway miles on it.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

EMG/STI TTI 2011 Combat Master + 2 extra mags

got chance to play with one today :rock:

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  15. veato

veato I should be working

I really like my TX wheel but the included Ferrari rim feels cheap. Also it's odd when racing open wheel so....

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The next evolution of PG kits. I'm not sure if I'm feeling awe or terror at working on this thing.

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

iPhone SE 2020

[​IMG]

My 2016 SE was crashing nearly constantly and the chassis had started to detach from the screen. I could have fixed it myself, but... eh... it was about time I moved on from the phone I've had for three and a half years.

Bought outright though, don't think I'll ever go back on contract.

Arboreal likes this.
  18. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Not an iPhone person, but I am impressed with the SE 2020. I bought one on contract for my daughter last month.
    It's the first new phone for her, having become fed up with problematic second hand iPhones.
    She paid the up front handset fee, and I'm only paying £15 a month more for 2 years over what the airtime only was previously.

I may replace my coming up 4 year old Samsung with an outright purchase in the NY, as my provider seemed really expensive this time to have it over 2 years.

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

My work phone is a 2016 SE, I like it as it's pretty much just used for calls and slips into a pocket easily, carrying two phones is no fun otherwise.

The new model is an obvious improvement, but I feel a little sad that the last commonplace small smartphone is now gone.

I bloomin' hate doing email and web browsing on it though, so perhaps it is a relic?

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I tried an Android phone as a daily driver a while back and the software drove me around the bend. I don't think I could ever go back now...

Oh yeah, after moving to the 2020 SE I am definitely loving the screen size. Even something as simple as typing is so much easier. I'm not a 'do everything on my phone' sort of person, but this screen size makes things so much easier.