1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hello stranger :thumb:

MrDomRocks likes this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

All five of the Hill House Comics books, because they're a really fun read.

Contemplating a MacBook Air with an M1 chip to stop using "typing on a laptop would be better, because I could do it everywhere" excuse when thinking/taking about starting to write. Unfortunately, the Google Pixelbook Go is only for sale in the US, Canada and the UK. I could get one in Germany for the ridiculous price of 3.3k Euros.

3. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

Nice!

What CPU are you pairing them with?

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My 3950x.

Hoping that using 4 doesn't create lots of issues. I know Ryzen has gotten a lot better over the generations, though.

5. Vault-Tec

Not been a great month for me with stuff. First I noticed this horrid "black dandruff" all over my shoulders when at my flat. Eventually I realised the Beyer Dynamic pads on my T5P were "doing a beats" and disintegrating. Which is highly annoying, considering new cups are £60. I kinda brushed that off though (literally) and put it on the back burner. Get over to mum's and about four days ago my Grado start playing up (as well as a leaky PC FFS). So I took them apart, resoldered them hoping it was the cable but nope. They farted on all day yesterday sounding dire (the right side) and then last night it died completely.

I would be really upset. However, when I stepped back and thought about the situation I was only mildly upset. See, I have had these things for seven years, and for every two weeks out of a month I have them on for 12 hours a day, religiously. If I had paid the £500 or so RRP I would be a bit more upset, but I only paid £320 for them. I paid £350 (they were NIB, sealed) but the ear pads were crushed from the way Grado put the cables over them so I got a £30 refund to buy new pads. Any way, yeah, I have used an abused them really.

[​IMG]

That isn't a shadow. It's pretty obvious why they have stopped using brown leather now. But yeah, even the plastic carriers are completely worn. So I started doing some research, as dropping £500 on cans now isn't happening. I managed to safely get them all apart and stripped down to the expensive part, these.

[​IMG]

Did a load of research and it seems the only major differences in Grados up to £500 is the cup materials and the fact that the RS series use 100% matched drivers (IE sonically). TBH? I couldn't really give a crap about that. So I looked to buy a cheap set and rebuild mine. I need t paint the meshes too as they are scratched from me putting the cans down on the desk on top of other things. I was looking at the 60E but the drivers didn't look the same (even though every one takes them apart and puts them in wooden bodies). Then I found a video showing this.

[​IMG]

So they are the same, they just go into extra carriers as the plastic ones are two piece not one. Great ! I will get a set of 60E. However, they are £80 (which is fine), but no Prime. Meaning they could be on back order or anything else. In the end I realised the 80e were on sale for £88 Prime (down from £100) so I got those.

[​IMG]

So new drivers (£80 from Grado) new head band, new claws, new cables etc etc. A full rebuild kit for £88. That's a bit keener than £500 eh?

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Couple of needles and nozzles for my airbrush as I appear to have bent my 0.5mm one, still don't know how.

And some soldering iron tip refresher to see if I can get the BRAND NEW tips I bought for my Dremel gas iron to actually work. All they do now is bead the solder and it runs straight off, seller was no help and just said clean them and use solder oil, wouldn't elaborate any further.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Stupid unplanned for expense;
    [​IMG]

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

It's the time of year for that annoyance isn't it - and they're so expensive!

9. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Oppo Find X2 Pro 5G - upgrade on phone thats a year past due and my current Pixel 2 XL has started randomly rebooting and showing some graphical glitches after 3 years of service - longest i've ever kept a phone. Now getting off native android for first time in 5 or so years after having Nexus phones followe by the Pixel. Will be interesting to see how far the overlays from third party android phone makers have come, especially as last time i had a non google device it was a HTC i think and had to have cyanogenmod thrown at it to make it not annoying in every single way.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Little bit behind on my collection but will catch up soon enough.

[​IMG]

Time to start a new one.

11. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

[​IMG]

This came today, saves handling the refiling station ones. Also decided to get a bigger SSD, a Samsung 870 1TB arrived also updated Acronis True Image Tuesday. My music player packed up(old phone with sim removed checked by boss:nono:) so got me an ipod touch 7th gen comes in handy for work. Not allowed to carry anything with a sim in it at work.

12. Vault-Tec

Grados are fully rebuilt.

[​IMG]

So I treated myself to new pads and a stand, so they don't get chucked on a desk with keys etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

My second biggest purchase iv ever made after my house.
    Got a new better paid job so treated myself.
    I'm coming from a handed down 1999 Mitsubishi colt spacestar 1.3l 80hp

Audi 2011 TFSI 2.0 Dynamik S-Tronic Quattro 210hp (had an engine rebuild by audi to fix the engines known oil usage issues.)
    Having an auto for the first time is like learning to drive again!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pete J, perplekks45, Arboreal and 2 others like this.
  14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

So, what do they sound like, are they still as they should be?

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Lunch, from a greasy spoon up the road:

[​IMG]

That, and dinner, Should stand me in good stead for being up until ~2am.

IanW, Bazz and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You barsteward! I was supposed to be having a good day today but that's got my heart trying to convince me my arteries still have plenty of space.

I'll do better next year...

IanW and Byron C like this.
  17. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

All hail the Hearse of Doom !

Otis1337 likes this.
  18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A bunch of 60x56x2 and 6x3x1.5 o-rings

It all started this morning when I went to change an outdoor lightbulb that I noticed flickering last night.
    The fitting was half full of water, half full of ice because not only were the o-rings missing, it was also installed upside down by idiots.

Cue 90 minutes up a ladder on the outside of my house checking the remaining 18 fittings, some of which were upside down, some of which had perished o-rings, others of which had missing o-rings.

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Small investments, mainly. Bought small or tiny shares in an esports organisation, a recruiting company in esports, a sustainable furniture builder, a data science company, and about to invest a small amount in a UK-based brewery.

All in less than a thousand GBP/Euros. But it's fun.

Bazz likes this.
  20. Vault-Tec

RAM arrived.

[​IMG]

Don the gloves ffs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top logos are different, but makes it look good. One says T force the other one says Teamgroup. And it alternates !

Yawn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that is another job done. I got 3600 16.

[​IMG]

I have so many small jobs to do that sitting at the PC for hours playing with the timings is not going to be one ATM. I will have a play when I have more spare time. But it works, and I am very pleased :)

Sgoaty, IanW, Arboreal and 2 others like this.