1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You know what they say, big fridge big gob.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Time to build that walk-in freezer I've been thinking about, I guess.

David likes this.
  3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Gob like a sink-hole then...

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Is this a bit more your speed?
    [​IMG]

David likes this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Peltier cooling sucks though

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The old one is a Fridgemaster too, but a size smaller (1.46m tall. The new one is 1.74m).
    I got my money's worth though, it was well past its 15th birthday!

adidan likes this.
  7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

My intro to Ryzen is complete

[​IMG]

Everything but the motherboard and PSU came from the MP!

R3 1200 + Cooler
    2x GB DDR4
    240GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD
    Modded GTX 1050Ti

[​IMG]

That Wraith Unicorn , errrr, Prism is quite the beast! Especially on an entry level quad - seems to be running not much above room temperature!!

Yaka, David, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Welcome Ryzen brother.

Don't show @David that motherboard, its size will blow his tiny (focussed) mind. :happy:

IanW, Arboreal and David like this.
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

More TVs, which is hopefully the last of it.

A 32" for kitchen because it's easier to put a TV on the wall than remove the bracket and plug sockets.
    Sony because apparently they're the only ones that have figured out how to make small TVs slim as well
    [​IMG]

And 55" Q70t, because the old(ish 2013 Samsung 65") TV in the playroom gave up the ghost.

[​IMG]

I think it's the LVDS cable that got kinked in the move or thereafter, as there's a lot of flex in the back panel and the cable looks to have wear marks on it, and is folded (crushed) very sharply.
    So also this just in case it's a quick fix.

[​IMG]

But the 65" was really too big for the room anyway, and was just in there because it was the hand-me-down from the main TV. If I can bring it back to life I'll figure out what to do with it then.

10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thanks @adidan, it's dipping a toe in the AMD pool again, and that feels good.

TBF, as an 'SFF Pervert' I have only bought ITX boards for some years, other than for work.

This is my first decent mATX board in a while, discounting the self destructing Asus B250M

Nice start with an R3 1200 (courtesy of @damien c), which can be bumped to an affordable 2nrd or 3rd gen 6 or 8 core when Ryzen 5000s are more available, and people will be upgrading.

Had to think hard to recall when:
    a) I last had a CPU with pins - that'll be the Phenom II X2 that unlocked to 3 cores,
    and
    b) I last bough a brand new motherboard - looks like it was a Gigabyte Z77 for my Dad's workstation, along with an i5 3470 in 2013

I like the PCIe 1x slot above the GPU, will be ideal for a wireless ac card if I need one, and the fact that the second M.2 slot is SATA, (fine for storage), which means using it won't switch off the full length 4x slot at the bottom.
    That is what put me off the well regarded MSI B450M Mortar Max.

Off to fire it up again to load the drivers, sort the XMP on the RAM, and see what horrors I can create using the RGB software!

adidan likes this.
  11. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I can get Samsung parts direct from them if you need anything further, mainboards e.t.c :)

Mister_Tad and adidan like this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Christopher Bowes and His Plate of Beans - Christopher Bowes and His Plate Of Beans

...I blame @Byron C.

Byron C likes this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Another keyboard - though it was purchased a while back, but has only just arrived. Hooray Kickstarter!

upload_2021-1-4_13-57-19.png

(Stock photo, and interestingly mine's inverted: the lighter-grey keys are dark and the darker-grey keys are light.)

Keychron K3 ultra-slim low-profile mechanical keyboard. I opted for the version with optical tactile switches and single-colour white LED backlight. Has a USB Type-C connection for wired use, and three Bluetooth profiles for wireless. Claimed 34-hour active runtime, though that's with the backlight off.

I've been using it this morning. Seems pretty good, though while there's an audible "click" it's a lot softer than the Cherry MX Blues in my Filco. Bottoming out the keys feels a little mushy, too - not rubber-dome-like, by any means, but certainly not what you'd expect from a mechanical. Helps to make the thing a little less antisocial, mind you!

Last edited: 4 Jan 2021
    LennyRhys likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Always happy to help people spend their money :grin:

liratheal likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Grr. So after spending an entire day looking at hifi racks I decided to over pay on something because it had red shelves. What I mean is, I can easily get a black one on Amazon for £149, and the red one should cost the same. However, I couldn't find one cheaper than £179 on Ebay. So I bought it.

Get a phone call earlier. "Sorry not in stock, do you want the black one?". FFS. "I don't think so mate no, if I wanted the black one I would have ordered it eh?".

So a refund that will take about 5 days to show. Fantastic /roll eyes.

[​IMG]

So I got that. For £149 on Amazon. It's actually a much better stand, and I am sure if I really want it red I can just put vinyl on the shelves if I don't like it as is.

Annoying though. Once again a big pile of my money floats around in cyber space :(

Yaka likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

New camera arrived today with crap and possible damage on the sensor. Fortunately the seller has been good and accepted the return and it's re-packed with a postage label already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While looking on Jessops and debating getting a new Fujifilm X-T200, I saw they had a used section and the prices are actually very reasonable, cheaper than buying from MPB which I'd been considering. A few clicks later and:
    1 x Used Sony E 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens (silver)
    [​IMG]
    1 x Used Sony a6300 Compact System Camera Body
    [​IMG]
    1 x Hoya 49mm MC Plus circular Polariser Filter - was £25 reduced to £20, which became £15 once in the basket somehow.
    [​IMG]

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Whyyyy would you show me this when 50% of my aliexpress wish list are 75% Bluetooth mechanical keyboards (including Keychron K2).

Now I want one...

EDIT: guess who just ordered a keeb.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2021
    IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

finished building my class d am so needed some cheap banana plugs

[​IMG]

having gone through a number of blenders over the past 3 years and alot of my friends raving about their blendtec blenders, i thought what the heck if see if the motor will burn out or not in a few months

[​IMG]

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If it's the K3 you've ordered, you may want to rethink: I've discovered that the Function keys don't work! Doesn't matter whether I hold down the FN modifier or not, not whether I do the shortcut for switching to Function-by-default, they refuse to act as anything but multimedia keys. I can get them working if I switch the keyboard into macOS mode, but the that breaks the modifiers. Super annoying. I've emailed the company, hopefully it just needs a firmware update or something.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

This is awesome - will drop you a PM... received the cable today and it's the wrong P/N, different revision from what I ordered and too short :/