1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Hermes - Evri time, what a joke

Discussion in 'General' started by Goatee, 11 Jan 2021.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I ordered a kit for freezing radiator pipes from ebay so I can fit new isolators without draining my antique boiler.I got confirmation that my parcel was delivered on saturday at 5:10pm. Went to look for it and nothing. This is the delivery proof:

https://imgur.com/a/IeNExXk

WTF?

Trying to get hold of them just results in a "ticket" being raised. Total joke.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I got a delivered notification from them last week - no parcel though. Went online to look at the photo and it was a picture of someone else's doorstep.

When I complained, they said they had photographic proof of delivery and tried to brush me off with "unless you can definitively prove that this parcel was not delivered, this case will be closed".

My reply was quite simple: "Your photo shows the parcel at someone's slippered feet, framed by a white UPVC doorway. My ****ing door is brown!"

Useless tw@ts

souper82 likes this.
  3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Did they phone you back? I have seen nothing from the ticket I raise on saturday.

4. David

No. I got a query resolved thing a few days ago, after my wife went door to door and the driver came back and spoke with her. I was out grocery shopping at the time, which is unfortunate, because my wife is a very nice person whereas me... notsomuch, at least not when I've ****ed about, called a liar and ignored.

The tw@t was back at our door yesterday, however, and I "gave him a piece of my mind" :)

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I've had this issue before - I think it might even have been something I bought from here. Two photos were sent as evidence of delivery: one was a picture of the wrong house; the other was a picture of the delivery driver's thumb...:eyebrow::rollingeyes:

6. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I haven't had an issue with Hermes locally, but have done when things have gone further afield. It seems really dependent on your driver, and their customer service has always been rubbish!

7. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

The Hermes driver for my area isn't too bad usually. Though there have been times where it was a case of trying to work out which neighbour that doormat belonged to.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

My local Hermes one is pretty good, he lives locally too so I guess that helps. Last time I was not in I left a note on the order to drop it over the back gate, POD photo was of my parcel on the floor behind my gate so can't complain.

I have though heard an seen some shocking ones, parcels on roofs, photos of labels as POD or just not even bothering within g a POD

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Their staff standards are basically zero, but we got really lucky the last time they fired a driver. Next chap was awesome and has been working our route ever since, over a year now. Never misses a beat. All the drivers before that were incompetent chancers or outright thieves.

I feel for delivery companies right now, because they're obviously strained and don't have as much leeway to react to staff misdemeanours and quality control. Normally I presume one whiff of a problem and they'd fire/retrain someone, but right now there's a shortage of drivers and huge demand for the services so they're a bit stuck. Taking someone off a route to retrain or replace immediately creates a gap and delays/problems. No spare drivers to fill it because they're overstretched.

Big picture we should probably just all stop ordering stuff online, but this situation crept up on us and it's the only way to do a lot of things now. Next global pandemic, we'll maybe be better prepared and have more options/infrastructural robustness.

10. David

They have a woman who delivers for them in and around Newport. She frequently launches parcels over hedges, walls, into flowerbeds and onto shed/garage rooves, regardless of weather conditions. That's not an exaggeration - I know people who are her relatives - she gets complained about on a weekly basis but has kept her job for years.

That's the standard they've set.

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Just got contact from the seller.

Looks like its been delivered to a different house up the road and they sent him a letter.

Will swing by there tonight and see if its still there.

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

will just add that it's a sackable offence to use Hermes for shipping out anything from the office

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Never had a problem with Hermes deliveries. Did have a good one with Yodel though last year. Driver left a card through our front door, "parcel left in back porch", we don't have a back porch, checked carefully, no sign of a parcel anywhere. Next day a neighbour from 2 doors away, knocked on our door, she had just found the parcel in her back porch. She was out when it was delivered but, we were both at home. The parcel was correctly addressed and, we have a big clear number on our front door, as does our near neighbour. Somebody left their brain at home in a jar...

14. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

A colleague of mine used to work for Yodel, not a driver but in the back office looking after the deliveries database. Apparently the whole lot is controlled by 32 MS Access files, one for each day of the month and one to keep track of the other 31, because they don't want to splash out on an actual SQL database. Then the warehouse guys would regularly throw parcels at each other/ play rugby with them or just generally be indelicate.
    Based on that I have avoided them.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The biggest issue with Hermes drivers is they are self employed. There is no real check done for compliance and even though you can raise a complaint it shifted to an automated response.

I raise queries with Hermes and Yodel on a daily basis with work, Hermes in particular just auto respond as being delivered. Even when the drivers GPS does not match customers location. No human right now is actually doing any checks on delivery queries.

The other thing I would advise don't request for Hermes to collect anything when returning unwanted goods. Countless drivers just can't be bothered to collect and mark the parcel as no longer requires collecting or ignores the collection completely.

16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Success!

I have my item.

IanW and VictorianBloke like this.
  17. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

All thanks to reasonable humans rather than Hermes though.

Goatee likes this.
  18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Totally. I hope the seller gets the compensation from Herpes, as they still haven't figured out where the parcel is.

19. oscy

oscy Modder

I've used them a few times and every single time the package either didn't arrive or got abused. In fact this has also happened to everyone I know who has used Hermes.

I sold a bunch of games here a few years ago and the package was torn open and half missing when it arrived. I guess the deliverer was expecting PS4 AAA titles and instead got obscure charity-shop-tier kids' PC games.

20. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Mum ordered a new toaster with Hermes and they reckon they had the wrong address yet the tracking had our address. Mum in onto support about finding where it is