1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress CyberPunked Two 077

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rchiileea, 28 Jan 2020.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Enter competitions, get recognised.

2. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

There are more updates coming soon with some exciting updates and something I am 100% sure no one has done yet :)

Well that might be why, you need to engage, care and get yourself out there to events with mods and you will get noticed.

I keep getting told this, but due to using fancy paints (flakes, candies and pearls, these only ever really get appricated in person rather than in photo and video competitions).

3. Yargen

Yargen What's a Dremel?

You literally had nearly a whole Site of Sponsors in your Timeless Warriors build, so I don´t really get your point. Back2Topic Please

4. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

?? what are your refering too Yargen

5. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

So after quite a few delay here I am again back with another update, so lets start off with the first thing to update with, so new items going into the build.​

First up I would like to thank Secret labs who provided Well I suppose you can guess what…

[​IMG]

I think that was a bit obvious don’t you but of course it 100% matches the build well.

Next on the list is Seagate who not only joined in the fun but wanted to ensure I had a future proof cyberpunk themed nas, this was a shocking delivery.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4x 16tb drives in Raid equalling 32gb in total with 2x 480gb cache drives is probably all the nas I would ever need tbh, more than enough and very future proof.

Time to get back to the moding I suppose and the mice, you remember from my previous post that I had put down the metallic silver base coat and the graphics and created some wear, well now it was time to lay over the candy yellow before rubbing that down in some places for wear and hear is how mouse one came out.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coated in lacquer as well and onto the other mouse, I am actually starting to enjoy the worn look I have created a fair bit now… also the game is getting close I know, so here are some sneaky pics to wet your appetites, This is just a lighting test and I have not decide on final loop yet, I was just organising some things and testing some things out so lets take a gander.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please ignore th image clarity hear there is still film to pull of the glass, So now I have tested the front panel lighting out, I think I should just hook up the motherboard, gpu ect and do some lighting tests inside the case, let me know what you think.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I think the inside is 100% matching up to my inspiration lighting wise, which was worn, neon and dystopian, getting the final lighting right is going to be a challenge and a few other things as I do want to have neon pink and blue to be the colours but its going to take some work to arrange so they don’t drown each other out colour wise..

As I said this was just a rough wiring test to see how the lighting loops are going to work before I route the cables to the separate controllers, I also need to sort pump placement as well as there is quite a bit going on wire wise. As you can see this is not a powered up test yet for obvious reasons (no pump and no loop). But I kind of love how the backplate cover came out and reacts to different colours.​

lowfat and Cheapskate like this.
  6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nailed it. :D I wonder if they still make a UV-sensitive clear you could add for vandalism surprise effect.
    It bugs me a bit that the two middle ads are the same format.

rchiileea likes this.
  7. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

they do, but its not as clear as it used to be as one of the pigments is banned in eu, you can see the colour clearly still, especially on black. the ads the 3 on the right were pulled straight from the game, i mean video :p

8. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

So guys got there in the end, here are the pictures here, more can be seen here in larger format, this last year has been a bit strange for us all. Lets hope 2021 keeps us all safe and getting back to some normality, I wish all of you to stay safe, anyway enough of the rumbling on here are the completed pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That’s it for the layout, now lets look at the items on the desk to go with the build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love how these turned out, this is on the left side of the build and tie in nicely I think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then on the right side due to that side of the case being black with the red and white samurai case I done this to the external devices.

All the Painted items (headsets and mice) were done with a metallic silver, then green and blue and white mix of pearlescent on left side and the same but with red pearl on other, then the red was scuffed down to give some wear and tear, on the mice I coated them with candy yellow, then lacquered them with more than enough coats so I could when not fully cured but ok to touch could then rough up the finish, but only in areas fingers would touch.

On the headsets, I just used matt lacquer and then went to town scuffing that up as well to match the whole wear/worn effect on the pc. The full gallery of build can be viewed here all 122 pics :p

If you want to see the video of the build click here or view below.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Fan-tastic! :D

10. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

cheers bud

11. Canardwc

Canardwc @French_fab_factorie

Really good made. That remember me the 80's flippers :worried::thumb: