1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biden: his time as the 46th US President

Discussion in 'Serious' started by yuusou, 6 Jul 2020.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

A shame they banned him as his twitter now would surely be enough to get the senate votes against him.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2021
  2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

One of the House Republicans said something like "When YOU do riots, it's ok, but when WE do it, it's treason?" *facepalm

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I think a measure of levity is in order...

Anfield and The_Crapman like this.
  4. walle

walle Minimodder

The 25th amendment isn't for Trump. It's for Biden.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

As I understand it, Pence is right not to invoke the 25th. It's supposed to be an emergency backstop, in case Trump chokes to death on his cheeseburger, for example. It wasn't designed to be invoked as a punitive measure.

6. walle

walle Minimodder

If I recall Clinton referred to voters as basket of deplorables, talked about election fraud, that the election wasn't fair, that there was a Russian conspiracy to put Trump into office. I also recall MSM pushing this narrative for a very long time after the election. I wouldn't say that this fomented any less hatred or division either, it kind of set the stage for for things to come.

To better understand a situation you have to look at the bigger picture and not pick and chose to make it fit your own political views. Either you did just that. or you are suffering from amnesia.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2021
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The other thing he consistently does is not pay his bills

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

It's a common reading that inability can cover things other than medical. Actively committing sedition could certainly be seen as incompatible with his office, and therefore render him (by his own actions) unable to act as president: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twent..._and_cabinet_members_of_president's_inability

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Atempted coup in the 20's and he goes to prison after a trial where he can spread his bile - now where have I heard that before?

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well you recall incorrectly, because she didn't say that about voters in general, she said it about Trump supporters:

[​IMG]

*looks at Trump supporters on the 6th of Jan*

Yeah I'd say that qualifies.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say a 'conspiracy', but there was almost certainly interference in the 2016 presidential election - and the 2016 Brexit referendum, I might add. You can look that one up yourself, I'm not doing your homework for you.

Ok let me be clearer: Trump has consistently spread misinformation and lies about the election results and has fomented RACIAL hatred and RACIAL division throughout his entire term. In the context of white supremacists storming the Capitol building I had rather assumed that the 'racial' part there was strongly implied.

Practice what you preach.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Hitler, at least, was a capable orator.

Trump sounds like a deflating whoopie cushion covered in fake tan.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

As for orator, maybe, but the end result has got him results in the form of 70+million supporters.

I doubt he's capable of writing anything more than a MaccaD order though.

But, well, the US is in a very different place.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think, for all his flaws, trump's best skill is stoking the fires of hatred. He's incompetent at basically everything else as far as I can tell. Which, unfortunately, speaks to apparently about seventy million Americans, of whom some are further down the garden path than others..

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Herr Nigel Farridge has lost his Telegraph podcast. For those lucky enough to be unaware Farridge had a Telegraph podcast, it was called The Trump Card, with Nigel Farridge, and its description was: "Donald Trump and Nigel Farridge are two of a kind. They share a fervour, a following and a friendship. Ahead of the upcoming US election, the Brexit Party leader gives us the inside track - does his friend have the winning hand or are the odds stacked against him?"

Pfft.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Nothing of value was lost

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The problem is that it could take ages to settle the dispute over whether it covers Trump being unfit (rather than unable) to hold Office. And yes, they could easily end up wasting days or weeks discussing such semantics.

Of course if he keeps stiffing his lawyers he might run out of ones wiling to defend him first lol.

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just heard on the radio that even Macauley Culkin wants Donnie edited out of Home Alone 2! :lol:

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think you'll find that's Macaulay Macaulay Culkin Culkin.

IanW likes this.
  19. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

The interpretation is there, it would just require Pence to act upon it (which of course renders things moot in this case).

Then the main difference between it and impeachment is that if a majority of the 15 principal officers concur with the VP the removal of powers is immediate, only then requiring a 2/3 majority vote in the House and Senate within 21 days to stop them from being reinstated.

The idea of the 25th is to stop the sort of thing you mention above and make it such that the President can immediately be replaced in an emergency without requiring the relatively long-winded process of impeachment.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

From what I understand Trump could say it isn't there (as a defense strategy to drag things out long enough for it to not matter).