1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia 3xxx series thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 6 Jun 2020.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Keeping stock for pre-builds and not sending out back orders.. sounds about right. All of the big boys are at it. Should remove from sale if they don't want to sell them but then they can't sit on everyone's money can they...
    Harsh maybe ?

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Kinda...

I mean you have to account for the fact that there are plenty of different models.
    Assume for the sake of argument that Ebuyer has 100 open preorders from launch day for the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC.
    Would it really matter if they kept any Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC they receive for pre builts?
    Technically it ain't the same product and they couldn't use it to fill the open orders anyway.
    Now if they where taking orders for the very same model they are holding back then the entire management of the shop should be in jail... but as long as it ain't the same model? Meh who cares.

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Lwts not point fingers and assume it's ebuyer but for arguements sake......

Users are waiting, only able to snap a pre-order on what is available at the time. New skus come out and go in to builds. It wouldn't hurt to call and convert now would it if they were indeed different.

If they were however the same as the pre order then that's instantly an issue and it shouldn't be allowed. That isn't something I have said is happening just so we are all on the same page.

Morally it would be nice if those who pre-ordered were called and offered though. This would however require morals within the industry and as time goes by the UK for one is forgetting what morals and integrity are so I do t know why I am at all surprised anything like this would ever happen.

adidan likes this.
  4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Maybe in extreme circumstances as a hyper rare one off... but offering substitutes is only a work around.

I think the entire preorder culture needs to be taken down a couple notches.
    Shops should sign a code of conduct to only accept preorders once they are able to provide an accurate ship by date.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2021
    adidan likes this.
  5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I think it needs to be a combination of retailers being more upfront about stock availability and the likely timescales to fulfil your pre-order, not taking your money (or perhaps only taking a deposit) until the item is in stock and ready to go, and buyers being less willing to flood retailers with pre-orders with a totally unknown fulfilment date.

adidan and Anfield like this.
  6. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Ooh, Radeon cards back in stock it seems :

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oh ffs, do they just make numbers up now?

8. adidan

We're saved, new cards from nvidia (aka WTF)

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Gee Force Gee Tee Ten Ten

hamza_tm likes this.
  10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

It's unfortunate that as the article points out, the GT 1010 is less powerful than many current iGPUs.
    Other than unloading older stock chips, it seems a bit of a waste of effort.

I'd much rather they were working on a decent and efficient update of the most powerful LP GPU for SFFers, the GTX 1650.

As everything is on hold new, I'm now worried that what I had in mind used is going to be a year older and further along its lifespan than I'd like.
    Hoping the dear old GTX 970 keeps on doing its thing through this year...

adidan likes this.
  11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And even at those prices they still have a limit of 1 per customer lol

adidan likes this.
  12. adidan

Aye, i'd like if they need to offload some old components they could make something attractive. It's not like it'd be competing with any of its out of stock lineups.

Maybe that's just a pipedream though.

:happy: You have to find them in stock first

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they're gone

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wait, what - that was real? I thought it was some new meme I just didn't get.

Nobody bought those at that price.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I sold a 5700XT BNIB last month for about half that amount, nearly £200 more than I paid for it mere months earlier. I thought I was taking the p!ss pricing it there as I didn't really want to sell it, but my buyer clearly didn't mind!

Strange times.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. adidan

I did the same with an RX580 way back.

I didn't have much time and was going on holiday in a while so £1 final fee offer and mining craze for them left me thinking just list it for silly money as I don't really want to sell but it was nearly bnib and not getting used.

It got snapped up and I got myself a free upgrade to a gtx1080 when I got back from holiday.

I'm sure the miner made his money back.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

19. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

[

I like how they are listed under Printers ... I bagged a 6800 so thank you. Lets see if i get it or they cancel the order!

Last edited: 26 Jan 2021
  20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They're legit stocks - It's to stop google bots farming links - they're expecting another nvidia drop towards the end of the week.

Of course, posting links is a great way to ensure the scalpers find those stocks, clear them out and push prices even higher.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2021