1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs I am looking for 40 inch 4k TV suggestions for console gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kuroidoragon, 16 Jan 2021.

1. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

Can someone suggest me a not to expensive but decent
    40 inch 4kTV
    50/60 HZ refresh rate
    HDR
    with a stand that is more central to the under neath of the tv - not one of those ones where the feet are at either far end of the tv ( it is due to where I shall place the tv)
    at least 2 HDMI slots

it is to use with my PS5 (I am happy with 4k)

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

3. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

thanks for the response but all those tv's are over 40 inches not what I asked for anyone able to suggest me some tv's ?

there maybe only one out of that list a 43 inch one with not the right kind of tv stand not sure I have the room for that

https://ibb.co/yf7j5MW

I am trying to avoid what I am doing in this picture (GHETTO SETUP)

I could go a little over 40 inches but for reasons shown in the image the stand is prefered to be more central along the bottom of the tv

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I can see you issue but the thing with these screens is that they often come in smaller sizes so still worth a look

The_Crapman and kuroidoragon like this.
  5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

A stand like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Univ...-Management-Holds-32-55-Height/dp/B075FN4GH5/
    ...Can allow any TV with VESA mounts (which should be most(?)) to have a central stand. I had the same issue with an similar style of LG TV and a TV bench not quite wide enough. Even if you still want to upgrade the TV it means you don't have to rely on getting one with a suitable stand out of the box.

kuroidoragon likes this.
  6. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

Still need to find some 40 inch 4ktv though still got a bit off topic with my ghetto setup there

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It seems to be an unpopular size these days, so looks like you'll be limiting yourself, perhaps a monitor would do better as the step down from 43 seems to be 32 in most TVs and the 32s don't appear anywhere near as good, does it need to be a TV?

but yeah a wall mount or central stand could help you out with bigger,or bigger desk/chest of drawers, there is no getting away from the size of playstation and these these are often best on big screen sat back.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2021
    kuroidoragon likes this.
  8. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

SO ANYONE ABLE TO SUGGEST some 40 inch 4k tvs for console gaming ? no ones really answered yet

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

As mention for your requirements you are out of luck, once you click 4k on TVs there is basically nothing with a central stand at 40", so you won't get many answers.

simple filtered link on 39-46" tvs, you have buggerall to choose, so if you can't be flexible with requirements just pick something that fits your requirements here, there is only a handful that might fit, can't magic up something that doesn't exist.

4K HDR TVs - Cheap 4K HDR TVs Deals | Currys

Personally with PS5 I would be holding out for a HDMI 2.1 screen for higher refresh plus VRR goodness but they won't come in 40" and likely won't come with a stand you want, LG are releasing the C1 OLED in 42" that would probably fit having really small bezels and the LG OLED stands are generaly central, they have all the features 4k120hz, gsync/freesync, HDMI2.1 etc, not out yet but wouldn't expect much change from £1500 if the LG CX48 is anything to go by, OLEDs are not perfect though, not bright enough for HDR wow factor in gamesbut still very good, superb for media.

All the TVs that fit similar spec with PS5 features that are cheaper are into the 49-55" range.

With respect to HDMI 2.1, all the TVs announced so far on this database hardly anything at 43, nothing below

List: 4K TVs and 8K TVs with HDMI 2.1 - FlatpanelsHD

you could get a short throw projector? again not cheap

The_Crapman, kuroidoragon and adidan like this.
  10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

LG are also releasing the more budget A series OLEDs soon, so they'll probably be in this size and cheaper, but not much is known spec wise.

Edit: Flicking through Box there are 2 43" TV's with central stands, so thats basically your lot.

https://www.box.co.uk/tvs/refine/48047~33_43

kuroidoragon likes this.
  11. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

just a thought - how close are you sitting from your 40" TV ?

4K content on a screen that small (which is why they dont really have many options) doesnt really benefit from the imprioved visuals on the whole.

https://www.rgb.com/display-size-resolution-and-ideal-viewing-distance

To get full benefit of 4K you need to be sat @ 2 1/2 ft or less which is around less than 1m and to see improbement your talk 5ft or less than 1.75m

this is why in general it makes no sense to have high resolution on really small screens.

Im not saying this is the definitive as peoples eyes are different and its subjective but this gives you the overall jist

kuroidoragon likes this.
  12. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

at a guess & I am not a genius i would say at most 1 & half meter

I did notice the difference changing from a HD to a 4k telly even at that rough distance I have allways had a tv in the same place

any suggestion for 40 inch 4k tv's or (Slightly) higher are welcome still not had any suggestions

13. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

quik scan shows this one, almost all of them are 43". no idea how good it is but its the only one i can find

Panasonic TX40HX800B

kuroidoragon likes this.
  14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Come on mate, you've been given A LOT of suggestions and advice. You're just not listening and have shown no interest in doing any leg work yourself. Take the information and suggestions you've already been given and do some research yourself.

modd1uk, sandys, Bloody_Pete and 2 others like this.
  15. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

just because I don't show it here how do you know I have not looked myself did you think of that how do you know I haven't looked before posting here ?
    & most posts except a couple have not helped a great deal with my original question. I have liked each post to show my appreciation for trying

so both counts of you saying I have done no leg work is false & peopole making (plenty) of suggestions to do with my original question is false

Last edited: 17 Jan 2021
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You mean like:
    • how you have offered no suggestions of models and whether people think they'd be good.
    • You've been linked an article on the best monitors for 4k console gaming but couldn't extrapolate that to a smaller version of the same model, even when it was pointed out.
    • You've ignored 2 people's advice of widening your search to include TV's with any type of footing because you can get a separate centre footed vesa mount.
    • You've been linked 2 different websites filtered to what could meet your needs.
    • Advice and a further link for hdmi 2.1 TVs
    • Advice on viewing distances and whether 4k might definitely be worth it.
    • When you were linked an exact model for your odd and very specific requirements you couldn't even be bothered to Google it's refresh rate.

Sentinel-R1 and adidan like this.
  17. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'm planning on getting the Panasonic TX40HX800B mentioned above when it's back in stock at Panasonic. They told me it's due in early February. You can get one from a reseller with poor rep on Amazon at a rip off price (£70 extra) or contact RicherSounds by phone (no other option), I gave up after being cut off twice.

I also wanted one with a central stand. The specs seem decent for the price rather than outstanding.

Review

I would have normally bought a Samsung but my current one has been rubbish for longevity. Bought in 2015, a big purple blotch (common fault) appeared in 2018 and now there's 4 grey areas on screen presumably where the back-lighting has failed.It's going to be funny watching a TV again without the purpleness.

adidan likes this.
  18. Big Elf

Panasonic TV is now available on Amazon from a seller with good rep for £549

19. Big Elf

My Panasonic TX40HX800B has been delivered 2 days early. Very impressive but there again compared to my blotchy Samsung I suppose anything would be. Relatively easy to setup, very nice picture and an unexpected bonus is the built in Bluetooth which has no lag/lip sync problems.

20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder