1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Wireless mouse to replace a Logitech g700s?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boiled_elephant, 20 Jan 2021.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

[​IMG]

The g700s, a flagship £90 mouse I bought back in 2013, is finally giving up the ghost. It's been fantastic. Specifically, it's wide, ergonomic, tall humped back, large thumb rest area, slightly matted surfaces, removable AA battery, unlockable scroll wheel, sensitivity profiles.

If I could buy another g700s I probably would but they're all a bit old at this point. Logitech's new lineup is dauntingly populated, there are about 6 different models that look similar to this, and I'm in the dark completely with other brands. Anyone got any recommendations?

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Logitech MX Master "whatever number they're on now" - I love my original, so much that i have 3! One for home, one for work and a spare.

3. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

The G604 looks like the spiritual successor to yours.

I picked up the Razer Basilisk v2 on the strength of recommendation in this thread and I've been very pleased with it. The adjustable scroll wheel is a bit "set and forget" for me but nice to tune it to where I wanted it, and no "pre-travel" on mouse clicks gives a positive feel to the thing. I only paid £38 for it though as it was on offer around Black Friday. Also I'm no expert as it's the first non-cheapo mouse I've had in about ten years. It has a wireless version which I think was down to around £100 (unless these are brexit price increases...), or a slightly fewer buttoned version with a different sensor and no tuneable scroll wheel can be had for less.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

My G700s is very tired so I bought whatever MX Master Amazon were doing for about 40 nicker before Christmas on a @Mister_Tad rec. It's cracking.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Personally I wouldn't touch modern Logitech as their QC is terrible, I went through 2 G903's in as many years with multiple bugs and failures, and a set of speakers die in 4 months. My preference is Corsair mice, the M60 I've had for nearly a decade is going strong and the M65 I now have was a steal at £35!!!

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Another vote for mx master. I've been using the 2s for nearly three years now as my work mouse and it's still going strong. Not sure how great it would be as a gaming mouse, personally i'm waiting on g502 lightspeed to drop low enough for me to bite (<£50), as I have the wired version and it's great.

7. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

My original MX Master is still going strong (purchased in 2015!) i dont play twitch shooters, but i've never felt/noticed any lag whilst playing fps games... (i.e. DOOM 2016)

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Alienware 610m.

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How do you always manage to find the most obscure and random thing to suggest? :hehe::hehe::hehe:

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Because I have one and it is fantastic. It's not a great big bloaty mess like most mice, so is very comfy and the front "spoiler" thing actually makes it as stable as one of those horse feet without making it heavy.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/in..._compatible_mice_for_their_latency_analyzer/1

However, none of that would make me recommend it apart from the above. It's actually a really bloody good mouse too. And if you wait for Dell to sell it for £60 or so (what I paid) it's not bum bleedingly expensive either. Underneath? it's probably a Logitech any way.

11. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

I have an mx master 2s for my laptop and a g602 for my desktop - prefer the unlockable scroll wheel on the mx master. Both very comfortable but am considering a second mx master for desktop. They are fabulous.