1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Hermes - Evri time, what a joke

Discussion in 'General' started by Goatee, 11 Jan 2021.

1. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

The wife ordered some shoes last week, due to be delivered by Hermes. Company shows them as dispatched/ with courier and gave tracking number. Hermes says no idea/ not with us. They are due today though.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sold a cooler to @penryn 2 hertz presumed it arrived safe and sound until he told me it was AWOL

Checked the tracking and it got to the national sorting hub before it was "damaged beyond repair"

proper job.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This thread had me checking my recently-sent items' tracking details on Hermes. Looks like everything's got there, bar one item posted on the 28th where the tracking stops on the 30th at "arrived at your local depot." Hope it's not got lost...

EDIT:
    It arrived safely, Hermes just didn't update the tracking!

Last edited: 22 Jan 2021
  4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I for one look forward to the day delivery and taxi drivers are replace by our robotic overlords.

I would rather attach all deliveires to a rocket, detonate it over the earth and hope the parcel lands at its intended target in one peice than trust Hermes. Even Royal Mail is a bit hit miss atm depending who is on.
    Did have one mail guy "have a go" that we didnt have a letter box (after replacing the front door). Doesnt help the one we ordered was damaged during deliver by none other than royal mail and had to be sent back. What can you do?

souper82 likes this.
  5. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

jump to 2.45

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. oscy

oscy Modder

Wow, so they're not inept and have bad hiring/firing policy... they're outright scammers. They're the A4e of postal services.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just had an update on my NR200p shipping. It has cleared customs at Heathrow, Yay!

UK shipping to be carried out by Hermes... :sigh:

souper82 likes this.
  8. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

I always have a feeling of dread and despair when i hear Hermes will be delivering my parcel etc.....:waah::wallbash::worried::sigh:

9. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

The Apple Airpods Pro i recently ordered are with Hermes... supposed to be delivered yesterday to local collection point... have they delivered? Have they B0llocks.

souper82 likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sent a set of £150 cranks. Lost. Been nearly a month, still no insurance payout. Thank god I paid the insurance. Still, right now I am down a set of £150 cranks and have had to refund the buyer too.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Had a case delivered by FedEx earlier in the week. Seems to be a lot of blind delivery folk about who can't see the doorbell so I was unaware of it's arrival, so they left it shoved in a bush in the pouring rain.
    [​IMG]

Luckily Lauren just happened to come back what can't have been long after and found it.

12. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Pro tip if any delivery company is giving you a problem like I had with DHL or as I call them drop it hide it lose it go on their trust pilot they don't like this.

souper82 likes this.
  13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Hermes lost the Airpods...

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

All this is why I prefer to have stuff delivered to my workplace (with manager's permission obvs).
    They absolutely dread losing business... business!

15. Vault-Tec

Ah Herpes, where to begin.

[​IMG]

Never heard such a strange excuse for "Sorry someone has nicked it" before. But it's all good I paid insurance...... I contacted them, got a link to a claim form in response.

Of course the link was dead, so I replied.

[​IMG]

I got a generic response so I went to their website and filled the claim form in there. Never heard anything back. Now they tell me I didn't follow the link and I can f**k off they are not paying out the insurance.

Sigh. Small claims here we come.

IanW and souper82 like this.
  16. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

Strewth, take them for every penny you can (and then some) !!

17. Vault-Tec

Even with all of the evidence I have they are refusing to pay out. Even though I refunded the buyer....

[​IMG]

On the same day I filed the claim form on their website. The one they claim I didn't, yet the pictures I attached as evidence.....

[​IMG]

And the original cost (plus a £20 bottom bracket)

[​IMG]

Were taken on the same day I sent the refund which I 100% would not have sent until I knew I was getting the insurance payout. Which I knew I had to file for.

[​IMG]

Which, as far as I am aware, cannot be changed or tampered with? the dates?

I've just sent them all of that in an email, with the number I was told to claim with which would be what I used on their website. We will see if they still insist on calling me a liar then.

I've also pulled them up on something else. Basically if you insure a parcel (about £3 IIRC) they then force you to pay an extra £1 something for a signature (which I had to do). Then at the end they say "We are not collecting signatures at this time due to Covid". Then why are you accepting the effing money for it? nae, forcing people to pay it?

18. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Good Luck! I hate to say it but you may need it. Hermes are complete and utter shite with customers. I dread it every time I see their name attached to something I'm due to be receiving

19. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I guess it saves time on losing them yourself when you get them.

20. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Just had DHL leave a parcel round the side of our house, behind side gate in the rain. No notification they had been, and no photo.

Found it by accident the next day :)