1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

Rex is basically there. Waiting for some miliput to cure before I glue in the feet spikes and throw some paint at it

Pete J likes this.
  2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Heretical Deepfake

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

4. TechBuggy

TechBuggy What's a Dremel?

Does Horus get something to say with this? :grin:

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Probably just more whining. You know how he is...

6. lilgoth89

i mean Horus has to put up with this ( less impressive as a deepfake demo, i think the ultra fast noises upset the algorithm, but still somewhat impressive considering it came from a single image

7. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

looks like AT are getting the big boi Titans, i wonder how long it will be before someone in the 3d printing world takes a crack at it

Pete J likes this.
  8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I do hope that it's an Imperator Titan. The knee-gun suggests it anyway.

I've been making some progress on my Bladeguard Veterans. Still have swords, iron halos, shield fronts and heads to do. Might have them finished tonight, then on to Hellblasters and Feirros (using the model as just a Primaris Techmarine).
    I wasn't originally sure if I was going to include these guys in my army, but since I started painting them and having seen some others put Raptors colour schemes down, they work quite well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Colour me impressed

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Pete J like this.
  10. liratheal

That's a really nice print

11. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Not the Big Imp titan, this is the 'Warmaster'

[​IMG]

My 3d printers are already crying

Pete J and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  12. lilgoth89

also finished setting up the Ender 3 ( with a few tweaks ) and GEEZE is it nice
    i replaced the Hotend fan with a 40x20 Noctua fan ( something im also going to do on the Wanhao as i think the 40x10 fan just isnt moving enough air ), replaced the Motherboard with a 4.2.7 board ( something the newer Ender3's ship with ) and added a BL touch for auto bed levelling
    its beautifully quiet, although im printing a 60-92mm fan adapter for the PSU fan as its by far the loudest fan in the printer. a few bits to print yet, including a filament guide some cable guides and a store underneath for the tools on the printer

Its so nice and quiet in fact, that im genuinely tempted to get a second set of all the electronics and retrofit them into the Wanhao frame for a Frankenstein build, as the Wanhao tends to overdrive its stepper motors, creating heat and noise

so thats 2 i have Running, 3 if / when i get the Wanhao back operational so i'll be likely getting some more Titans Printed up over the coming months, helped by much newer Titans coming out, like a MUCH closer to the Wolf pattern Warhound ive had my eyes on

i also picked up the old GW guide to painting mini's and and planning on getting myself an Airbrush over the coming months, so with any luck i'll have at least some painting skill to go with the titans

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  13. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

after really thinking about this design... i dont think i like it

i dont like the ''chest'' armour, it looks like someone decided to hang a crotch banner made of armour from its neck, i dont like the missile launchers in the shoulders with ZERO fire arc, i dont like how low the head is compared to its shoulder armour

i wonder if they made it, with the missiles on top of the armour, and someone went, ''wait it looks to much like the Warlord, and decided to change it abit

[​IMG]

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

From the cover of the new book, it appears those shoulder rocket ponds can be swapped out for more 'traditional' weapons like turbo laser destructors and plasma blast guns.

15. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Anything my Imperial Reaver will do, my Chaos reaver will do just as well ( Eventually im planning full Imperial / Chaos armour panels for both titans, so once global problem is sorted and people might start playing again, i can be on either side and look the part )

Almightyrastus likes this.
  16. liratheal

Man, those are some really nice prints you're coming out with there. I've paid for shittier quality casts from FW and GW than those.

[​IMG]

Metal Gear is going grey - Slowly. I put some MIG rain effects down first, and am layering over the top of it - IME it tones down the rain effects on smaller scale models to look more natural that way.

I'll also be doing some oil washing and whatnot to blend in the harsh lines around breaks.

Pete J likes this.
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ooooohhhh that's coming along nicely.

18. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tweaked a few settings and aside from a tiny bit of delamination on sides facing the bed ( which is a simple 'more supports' this is BY FAR ) the best print ive done
    you can see the individual pixels here, but the panel itself is SMOOTH as silk even running my fingernail across it i struggle to feel the pixel marks ( these are not layer lines as this was printed 'face up ) the banding is caused by individual pixels on the screen that projects the layers onto the resin

i can see myself getting a Larger resin printer in the future if im honest, the Elegoo Saturn looking like the most Likely candidate, then i'll be able to print larger parts such as the Reaver Carapace which i tried splitting in half, but didnt come out well as the parts slightly warped during curing ( though i was printing in Translucent resin which is a little harder and i was dialling in settings at the time, so i might take a second crack at it with this Elegoo Grey )

Last edited: 28 Jan 2021
    13eightyfour and Pete J like this.
  19. liratheal

Seriously, those are beautiful prints.

20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Those prints are awesome! I'm currently printing my way through my first warhound on my original Photon, Once I've got the screen replaced in the Mars I'm hoping to get both running, I've been weighing up either getting one of the larger printers or just replacing both of my current ones with Mono versions for the increase in speed as I've just about managed with slicing up larger prints to fit.

Pics aren't of the greatest quality but the parts so far are perfect for what I want, there's a little tidy up but no more than any resin kit I've had in the past, the only thing I'm going to change is remodelling/printing the toes into individual parts for more articulation, looking at a genuine FW one the toes are a single piece also which looks really odd in any pose other than flat on the ground imo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]