1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did... did you try to eat your fridge-freezer?

Pete J, IanW, adidan and 6 others like this.
  2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

You've got to defrost your fridge-freezer before eating it.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You need to upgrade your teeth. I suggest tungsten carbide implants.

4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Seems like there is a story behind these two events. Do tell.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dread to think what damage the fish did.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

That’s it I quit... to hell with the lot of ye!

See what happens when you misbehave? The other boys want to copy...

Last edited: 24 Jan 2021
  8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

They've reduced Stella to 4.6% and it just doesn't "cut" like it used to :miffed:

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Stellaaaaaaaaaaa

IanW, ElThomsono and adidan like this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I used to like Stella, when I was in my twenties, decades ago...

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

When it was proper 5.2% wife beater it was a decent beer. At 5% it was meh, past that it was just any other LAAARRGAAARRR.

I can not stop eating at the minute. Lauren found these sour sweets that are so good and we bought loads as they were on offer. The combination of which has had disastrous consequences.

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

The heat... peaked at 39deg today.. bit warm to be fixing a fence! :D

13. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Boss has come up with a 'brilliant' idea.
    Lets integrate google maps into some of our qlikview documents. He found a video on youtube from about 8 years ago showing how its done, extra help is available on a website that no longer exists.
    As he doesn't know how to script in qlikview and I'm the most experienced on the team it falls to me.
    Now, not to toot my own horn, I have done some fairly out there things on qlikview. This however is witchcraft.
    Doesn't help that our data contains BNG map references that are not really liked by many mapping tools.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Frozen my piggin' shoulder. It's been hurting for over a month now, but it's only getting worse - didn't sleep a wink last night and couldn't dress unaided this morning. Rang the doc, got a scrip for naproxen.

I miss my old doctor. Last time this happened he gave me top-end doses of codeine, diclofenac, and diazepam. You better believe I stopped caring about my shoulder after that little lot!

15. adidan

I did mine in doing a Planck. Constant pain.

Edit: Seriously, I did though - took over a year of streching to improve it.

ElThomsono likes this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Aye, it can be a long road. Which is why I'mma be annoyed when it turns out Dr. Stingy has prescribed me a week's supply, like last time I needed something stronger than 'brufen.

17. adidan

Yeah I mainly just used the 'brufen and stubborness. I convinced myself I needed the pain so I could gauge how much I could push the streching each day.

I feel your pain though G, it can be horrendous at times, especially if you happen to knock your arm accidentally - even the slightest tap could get me squealing like a trapped squirrel.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Stumbled going up the stairs yesterday morning and jarred it - dropped like a sack of spuds. Then after lunch I managed to bang the other elbow on the door, which made me jerk forward and jar it again - another trip to the floor in the foetal position. Going to take things with a bit more care today, I think!

19. adidan

Ooof, I know that one. You have to walk around like you're made of fine china.

I don't think the lockdown has been helping, I've started stretching again as i've been starting to fell mine again a little bit. The most helpful stretch I found was slowly finger walking my hand up the wall while moving my body towards it - in the beginning I couldn't get it very far at all but bit by it improved until I was flush against the wall and my arm raised. Alot of the vids online have them facing straight on to the wall but I found side on pretty beneficial.

Also what I found quite effective was just bending over at right angles and letting my arms hang loose and trying to relax them hanging by their own weight. I found that oddly helpful but each person is different.

But, yeah, you can't force any stretching too much.

IanW, Arboreal and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

@Gareth Halfacree, I literally feel your pain too.

I'm on week 2 of Naproxen for my shoulder (You're getting Omeprazole too I hope...) having wrecked it last summer digging and back filing a 30m trench for the garden office electrics.
    I over did it for someone who doesn't do much physical stuff, and didn't stop when it hurt...

Been at the physio since Nov, (disturbed sleep drove me to seek help), and making progress until the Christmas break. Went out to the garden office late one evening and slipped on the icy decking and jarred my shoulder something rotten. Curled up on the sofa in there in tears before shuffling back to the house. That put me back 2-3 weeks I'd say.
    I've been told to use the shoulder GENTLY, to avoid it going frozen. No reaching, no lifting at a distance, and exercise a few times a day. Also doing neck and back stretches to keep the whole area workable.

I really find walking up 5-6 times a night disturbing, and then fighting to get less uncomfortable to try to go back to sleep for a bit.

The worst thing about it, even more than the sleep is the fact I haven't been kayaking for nearly 4 months. It's great exercise, fresh air, safe away from loads of people and good for my wellbeing.
    Started looking at eye wateringly expensive pedal kayaks yesterday, but they're unaffordable.

The main exercise I'm doing and have been told to do multiple times daily is similar to what you're saying; bend at the waist and with your arm hanging vertically 'draw' as big a circle as you can with your hand 10 times.

adidan likes this.