1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews noblechairs Epic Series Black Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Mar 2020.

1. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Do the raised edges of the seat push both of your legs in? The actual seating area is only 35cm wide and that might end up feeling squashed. I'm 6"2 and only 80kg, just have unusually big thighs.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As someone pretty chonky I'm completely fine in it. I'll double check later but I don't think you should have any problems.

Salty Wagyu likes this.
  3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Thought I'd do as requested, but at the moment, I'm still fiddling with it. The overriding feeling is that I can't get my lower back comfortable enough for long term use in the same position (current extended WFH situation being an ideal test!). I'm changing the chair settings multiple times a day but it still feels like I'm creating a V shape as the front of the chair doesn't tilt downwards enough to prevent my legs pointing upward slightly. I don't think I've bought the size too big, as my knees are off the front edge and my thighs are towards the outer edges too.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

We have Herman Miller Aerons at home (used/reconditioned, from eBay). Awesome chairs.

perplekks45 and Fingers66 like this.
  5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

6. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Thank you for sharing your impressions. Could you tell us which size chair did you buy, is it the Titan or the Titan XL? Maybe share your height?
    Also, do you have any pets? I'm interested how the surface material would cope with hair and claw punctures.

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

No worries. It's the standard Titan in Softweave - I'm 5'10, but it's what their site also recommended. No pets other than two small kids (who probably do more damage than anything furry or clawed). They're banned from using it though. My initial assessment would be to keep anything with claws well away from it; hair can just be hoovered up though. I've been working in a different room for the last few weeks schooling the savages, but will get back into my stuff once I've ironed out a few issues and let you know about longer-term office and gaming use.

8. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Thank you for that. May I ask why did you choose the SoftWeave Fabric over the PU Leather? Was it esthetics or do you have any suspicions towards the quality or durability of the PU Leather?
    And another question: does it really feel like a quality product, or is it just looks?

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

No, my office gets quite hot so I didn't fancy sticking to the leather when wearing shorts in the Summer! That's the only reason.

The other one on the shortlist was the noblechairs (Epic, I think?) but they ONLY do leather. Or a variety of much cheaper ones for about £100 - 150 (Corsair, generic Amazon, Ikea etc.). Thought I'd treat myself, but I'm slightly dubious. Few little niggly bits on delivery in terms of quality - some aesthetic, but I do take issue with the fact that if I have the arms in the position I want them, moving the back of the chair to a more upright position means one side (and one only) rubs the suede on the armrest. That to me is a premature wear situation, as I adjust my position regularly depending on what I'm doing ie. working vs gaming.

Also, the angle on the very front of the bumrest part, under your thighs, plus the tilt range of that cushion, isn't enough to get exactly flat or slightly downwards, so I feel like I can't quite get to a decent non-reclined position, where I'm not leaning forwards into a V-shape. I'll have another play around and see if I can change anything.

10. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Did you manage to improve things with your Titan in the end? Interested if things improved with time.

I picked up an Omega a week ago, and having the same issues trying to get decent lower back position. The separate lumbar cushion seems too thick, without the cushion the chair back is too flat. Both resulting in back ache pretty swiftly.

The seat base is comfortable at least, and does seem to go flat, or at least parallel to the floor, and the arms have decent clearance with the backrest, and good adjustability. It's just the lack of decent lumbar support that's making me think about returning it before I run out of time.

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I'm not entirely sure whether things have improved, or whether I've just got more used to it. Lumbar on this one is internal and adjusted by a wheel so can be done incrementally, which does help. I'm thinking it might have just been a case of re-learning how to sit.

No change with seat base or clearances though, unforts. What's the return time limit, out of interest?

12. VictorianBloke

The bare minimum, notify within 14 days with buyer paying return costs. Which contrasts with Noblechairs 30 day collect at no cost to the buyer.

I've asked for a return now, just couldn't find a comfortable adjustment I could sit in without back ache. We'll see what their customer service is like.

13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Yeah, would be interested to know about that...

14. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

I bought a full leather Noble Hero.

Biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent. The chair is rock hard and incredibly uncomfortable.

I bought it specifically because there is a 3rd party offering flight stick attachments and keyboard/mouse attachments - so I will be able to sit in front of my big TV and get immersed in some flying.

But **** me the seat is awful.

When you buy leather car seats, at least they are comfortable to sit in. I honestly don’t know why they thought this was acceptable.

I’m praying someone releases some kind of seat cover that adds a measure of softness.

I hate this seat with a passion.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I blame streamers

perplekks45 likes this.
  16. VictorianBloke

Can you send it back? In the UK at least there's a month long return window, crucially where they collect so you don't have to argue with DPD for months when they lose your return.

I've had a (pleather) Hero for a week now, and the lumbar support means it's far more supportive than the Secretlabs Omega I tried before it.

The seat is definitely firm, similar to to the Omega & probably all other "gaming chairs" but I find it comfortable. I do like a firm seat though.

MLyons likes this.
  17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

so noble chairs come in 2 styles and I think I might mention it but can't remember. One has cross stitched leather which is very firm due to the material being held by the stitching. The one i reviewed has no stitching on the ass area and is soft to sit on. I only learnt this a year or so ago but I'm not sure if it was before or after the review

monty-pup likes this.
  18. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

Also - Im 6’1” and my head is not in the centre of the headrest, it sits at the top of the headrest - ie. the firmest part - the edging.

Any company that bundles pillows ... question that. Also the pillows are next to useless on the Hero and I’m not sure they were even designed for it.

Tags: Add Tags