1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia 3xxx series thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 6 Jun 2020.

1. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

2. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Id say you done alright ... Guy i work with paid £574 for a EVGA 3070 .. that was from Scan last week.

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Yeah, it seems I got it just before all the retailers started to charge their scarcity premium on all of them. If I hadn't got one yet, don't think I'd even of upgraded this time around. These things are getting so that even "enthusiasts" are going to end up leaving PC gaming alone.

4. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Yeah, I get that. But the money was there and the price of the card was actually slightly less than MSRP. If I cancel now, there's a good chance the price could go up (I specced the same machine up that I had ordered and it was £100 more expensive although that might have been an error on my part). And yeah, I would normally cancel - I ordered Ring-Fit from Game just before Christmas and I thought I'd do click and collect the week we went into Lockdown 3 like a complete twonk. I then decided to cancel and Game wouldn't let me saying that the stock had left and was delivered to my local store (which was shut). They weren't allowed to refund me until the item had been sent back to them from branch which is utter tosh so I raised a case with Paypal and it was refunded within two days. Due to the amount of backorders still at Scan, I'm of the opinion that when the card comes into stock, I will check the rates of all the other items ordered and see if they would refund the difference (unlikely) or if they will sort me out with a little upgrade here or there (more likely as I'm being ever so placated over the phone even after being on hold for 30 odd minutes and the Scan Live Chat resetting itself twice sending me to the back of the queue after waiting an hour)!

I'm lucky that my existing rig is working as intended although it was meant to be a hand me down for my boys 12th Birthday a couple of days ago.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

TBH I believe they'll pritorise you over the backorders!

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I spoke to someone there today (finally) who said that wasn’t the case. Essentially, they will fulfill orders based on first come first served but they have said that if a different type of branded card comes in, that will be offered to 3XS build buyers in order... so if the first person refuses, it’ll go down the line until acceptance. They also said that my build won’t be completed until at least the end of February when they are expecting more cards in... my delivery due date is currently sat at 18th March...

7. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I sold my Powercolor RX5600 XT last week to part fund a new RTX 3060 card. I wasn't holding my breath on getting one anytime soon and was using my old GTX 960 temporarily. Going from the 5600 to the 960 sucked!!

I managed to bag myself a Palit RTX 3060 TI Dual the other day though, and at less than retail price too. I sold the 5600 for £420 and ended up with £70 in my back pocket after buying the 3060.

To be honest, the Palit RTX 3060 isn't going to win any design awards, the RGB is rubbish, it has a plastic case and it just looks cheap. Having said that though, it does what its supposed to and performs great! Chucked it in the mobo and loving it. Got BF5 maxxed out on the visuals and running at over 100fps on 2k res. Tried Cyberpunk and it looks great with the raytracing enabled, much better FPS too. I've got MSFS running on high end settings and it runs great, a lot better than at medium settings with the RX5600. Happy bunny!!

145577285_10157641804051813_1199029671332556436_o.jpg

Capture.JPG

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Just got alerts for msi cards at CCL. £1100 for a 3080. £700 the cheapest 3070 :jawdrop:

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

That's the Suprim X though, which has the fastest boosted clock speed of any 3080 as far as I can tell. It's not exactly a vanilla card. But it is expensive.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

There was an FE drop just after 3pm yesterday. I was denied by a 2-stage captcha! :wallbash:

SuperHans123 and MLyons like this.
  11. jinq-sea

I added a 3090 to my basket. I didn't buy it.

LennyRhys likes this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

how did you find out about it, I missed it too. couldn't even get on the fe page on scan by the time i found out, got a 404

EDIT: bunch more cards dropping on ccl. all £100-£150 more than they "should" be.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2021
  13. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

I used the partalert discord which uses a bot to post a link directly to the Scan page.

I managed to bag a 3080FE, but they didn't finish processing the order until this morning and their "next day" delivery is actually next working day so I've got to wait until Monday for it (first world problems intensify). Still, at least I got free delivery through the old forum offer.

IanW, wyx087 and The_Crapman like this.
  14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

*inserts plug for the bit-tech discord here

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

16. el2k

el2k Modder

It's my birthday today and I'd like to buy a 3070/3080, what are the chances? haha!

Just sit on discord part alert and hope for the best?

And then cry and go on ebay an buy a 2080ti instead?

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

There are tech news reports saying the nvidia gpu supply is set to worsen, driving prices even higher.

Not really surprise when BC is currently valued at ~£33k

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You can't mine Bitcoin on a GPU.

Well, you can, but it's a really bad idea 'cos you'll earn less than the electricity you burn - never mind the cost of the cards.

Other cryptocurrencies, sure, but not Bitcoin.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Musk has made everyone look at Dogecoin while he bought BC bigly.

20. jinq-sea

I think Ethereum mining is the current fave on GPUs