1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

A Schott 575:

[​IMG]

I've wanted one for a few years now but always balked at the price, I recently managed to find a site selling their last units off cheap and although they didn't have XS, I've just had a small delivered and it's actually a decent fit.

It's the only unlined jacket I have and it's actually not an unpleasant feel against the skin. Mmmm... leather smell :happy:

Big Elf likes this.
  2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Well. I feel quite sick now.

I told myself I wouldn't do this... I told myself I was an adult... then the missus said "Go on you work hard for your money! you deserve a treat!" and for a brief second I felt it was justified and instantly bought it.

It could go back yet, read about a few QC issues and the size might be just a bit too much

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Feb 2021
    MLyons, Yaka, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I was just reading your price check thread and thinking "how much bigger does he want?"

Well that answers that!!

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Ooooh, which version is it? I REALLY want the LC49G95TSSMXZN QLED 1000R one, but its like £1.3k and I can't justify that... yet :p

5. DeadP1xels

LC49G95TSSUXEN so QLED and 1000R or as I described it to the missus "The one with the white back" this one cost 200 notes cheaper

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

You say that, but Overclocks have the one I linked on offer for that price currently...

Edit: scratch that, its the one you linked! Why must samsung make the makes so terible!

Edit 2: What actualy IS the difference between the two?

7. DeadP1xels

Not sure in honesty

Well... It seems I may have gotten ahead of myself yet again! I could quite happily go home and crawl into bed right now

Won't be able to output full resolution from my work laptop which deems this almost useless. Conflicting reports online but seems to be the case...

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Said no one ever.

9. DeadP1xels

Well gone ahead and requested a cancellation, confirmed my laptop was just the wrong side of the models dished out with intel graphics not the AMD version which would actually power this. Unless I want to shell out some more cash on an EGPU its a no go at the moment....Gutted

Edit 1: Realised its not a hardware problem but a OS version, Intel iris 655 supports 5120x1440 but not under Catalina.

Edit 2: Might still arrive yet, think PBP mode actually might be a reasonable work around for now until the IT department allow the role out of Big Sur which is supposed to support native 5120x1440. I can then look at upgrading my home GPU at a later date

Edit 3: now I've ordered an additional usb-c to display port to run both to the display I have no idea if it'll actually arrive or not. haven't got confirmation of cancellation although it did say the supplier was packing the parcel at 12:30 and I cancelled just before 2pm

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

4M of Van Damme XKE Mini Starquad cable
    4 Mini TRS connectors
    Black and purple type 3 paracord

I need a patch cable, so making a couple.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm not addicted. I can stop any second. I just don't want to. Leave me alone now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IanW, Yaka, MadGinga and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Reading you response I see it now.

Enjoy your Piggy space.

13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Will do :)

14. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Monitor manufacturers naming their latest monitor:

[​IMG]

IanW, legoman, DeadP1xels and 5 others like this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Four new Molicell with wraps.

[​IMG]

And two bottles of this.

[​IMG]

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Finally got my winnings from the competition through (would help if I'd give them the right sort code :rollingeyes: ) and despite it burning a hole in my pocket, with wishlists up the wazoo, the first purchase is a dull, boring necessary one; replacement sofa seat cushions. Having been nestled on the 3 seater all day for the best part of 2 years, they've absolutely had it and they offer very little resistance or comfort. Can't wait to have a comfy bum again.

Last edited: 6 Feb 2021
  17. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

been planning on redoing ripping out the ceiling and wall plasterboards in my living make it into more better home theater use this summer, so i need to butter up the mrs abit other wise she will never agree to the cost of what i have planned

just just collected and installed space-pro doors in out hall way to cover exposed shelving and coat and shoe raisl to make it look so much neater

[​IMG]

and got a her this vintage singer 201k from the 1940s serviced and pat tested. ours is in a top notch condition and its a heck of alot less noisey and vibrate less than her 2yearold plastic sewing machine

[​IMG]

and this cheap pcie extender, tried all sorts to reduce emi buzz from the asus STX IIs daughter board. this plus some sticky velcro and its stuck to the out side of my case. looks nasty but its working .

[​IMG]

18. Vault-Tec

I'm using a mining riser for my sound card too. Works superb

Yaka likes this.
  19. walle

walle Minimodder

It was good enough for Elon Musk when naming his son.

perplekks45 likes this.
  20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

a couple of things that bugged me about it, one of the user reviews on amazon says his sparked and gave out smoke. these arnt a safety hazard are they? and it came with a little sheet saying not to use any other usb cable with it. it very much looks like a normal usb connector