1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

[​IMG]
    I mean it is due a tidy but yeah...

On a related (to the thread) note, hopefully going to pick up a desk drawer pedestal thing over the next couple of days which will help!

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's handy. I have a pedestal in my office with a copy stand on it and another one arrived this week from a neighbour who was tidying out. Looks like it'll be the right height to go under my workbench and tidy up some of the clutter that has accumulated in the room.
    My Dad's office is smaller, and therefore has overflowed into mine for some reason...

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@jinq-sea , feels like your speaker:keyboard ratio is a bit high :D

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Haha probably, they are supposed to be on isolation stands but I was using them for something else. As it happens, I've got the Rokit 8 G3s as well, but they are obscene on a desk.

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Domestic & General wrote off my old 3D TV as it couldn't be repaired (major clouding or dark spots) so they offered to replace it. Wasn't exactly thrilled with the choices so called them up. Didn't know that no-one makes 3D tellies anymore but got a bit of a bump over their initial offerings and saved myself £90

So I get 2 more inches :naughty:, 4K & HDR10

Chuffed!

Vault-Tec, IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ah you'll be alright, I have a pair of these Technics SB-F880 speakers that'll be going on my desk sometime soon...

[​IMG]

My Creative T40s are having some issues, presumably with the power board, seems to be a common problem and I have my old late 80s Technics HiFi kicking around that I can easily tie into my PC and use that for a while, but yeah... they're huge, especially on a desk...

Fizzban and DeadP1xels like this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have to clutter my desk a bit with current projects or books, otherwise I get started on something else and get overwhelmed with different projects.

Right now I have the Samurai jacket and Metal Gear Rex on the go, but I'm still having to stop myself from printing Charizard parts, Kuchi Kopi parts, the Big Shell model... And so on.

8. Almightyrastus

Oh I have soooo many things going on with my desk at the moment, there's no way that I am posting a picture of any of it... At the moment it is covered in GW models, knives, bits of my HP Microserver because the PSU has died and needs mending with a new one. I have to do sooooo much clearing before I can even start on anything new. I am trying to sort things into various boxes a bit at a time, Blood Bowl in one, Marines in another, and so on. I also need to do an IKEA run at some point but I don't like the idea of having to pay a £5 surcharge because the store is currently close and I can only do the click and collect thing, don't mind paying that if it is an option that I pick, but not if I have no choice.

liratheal likes this.
  9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Back around 2003 it looked a bit like this, so yeah, I’m probably a bit more tidy now :)

[​IMG]

10. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Wow. a Tiny PC. That takes me back.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

We don't get Tiny PCs any more, but we do get tiny PCs. :)

goldstar0011 likes this.
  12. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Remember Escom?
    Beige AF!

13. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Passed my MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration Exam :)

The_Crapman and yodasarmpit like this.
  14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

enbydee, IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  15. Almightyrastus

I read that as "free kebabs"... Meh, equally good, and you Dutch fellas do have some good kebab shops, well at least on the other side of the country from you (my wife is from near Groningen)

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I would've probably been even happier if it were free kebabs.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Set to be debt free by next summer at the latest, this takes into account no change in salary and paying off all debts from credit cards to phone contracts at a realistic pace. Its still no easy feat but considering how long its been going on I do feel like i'm on the final stretch.

On a side note job application closing date is tomorrow, I should know this week if I've got an interview the whole thing should be done and dusted within three weeks of closing or so i've been told. I feel optimistic but would be good just to move past it whatever the outcome may be.

Worst case scenario I'm debt free by next summer, best case maybe a bit sooner if all goes to plan

Midlight, xaser04, IanW and 4 others like this.
  18. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Nice one :)

Did similar at the tail end of 2020 and the feeling you get is awesome.

19. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Fitting in this shirt. I last wore it 2.5 years ago.

IanW, Almightyrastus and Arboreal like this.
  20. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

My eldest daughter has had the offer on her new home to be accepted and the mortgage approved. All at the young age of 20yrs old. My wife and I done things the hard way when we were growing up, renting until we were in our late 30's. When we were in our early 20's we were more bothered about being out and partying etc.

So we have always said to our two daughters to buy as early as they can, to learn from our mistakes. We're both proud of her, she's saved some of the deposit herself from her salary and had a little help from us too but that was from money she was always going to get at 18. So now its a case of waiting for the solicitors to do their stuff and my eldest is starting to buy stuff she needs for the house, ready for completion.

My missus is gutted she's flying the nest, but we both knew it'd come at some point. I keep telling her there are lots of crappy ways in which she could have done it, at least this way we know she's safe, secure and happy!