1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. oscy

oscy Modder

Game Pass is just Gold but with a load of free games Netflix-style. Upgrading to Game Pass at any time while on Gold converts your entire subscription to Game Pass. You don't pay a monthly fee; you've paid £1 for up until whenever your Gold was gonna expire. This means some people who are always on Gold have been buying close to 3 years' worth of Gold (3 years total is the limit) and then upgrading to Game Pass for £1 so that now they have 3 years of Game Pass for basically £1 extra.

It also probably sets auto renewal to Game Pass so you can cancel that. When it does expire and if you go back to Gold (or neither), you won't be able to play the games unless you subscribe again.

Eventually they're just gonna replace Gold with Game Pass, that's why it's cheap.

Yes, I have 50,000 points now just clicking stuff for a minute every day.

As well as Rewards and this deal, there's also the 1-month-for-£1 trials for two of the three passes. Game Pass is effectively free. Don't know the marketing strategy (a lot of people must not turn off auto-renewal for subscriptions). The only reason I'll take advantage of this is in case they add EA in that time and I can spend the points on my Tesco shopping instead.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2021
  2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Cheers both - good advice, appreciated. Couple of questions if I may though:
    Do I have to do this on a monthly basis? I currently buy a 12 month code for ~£40 and just use that. I'm still on the 360 because most of my mates are, but the Ultimate Pass would do for the PC (although I suppose I could just get it on PC and pay for the Gold X360 part). Main question is - would I be tied in to monthly Gold payments from then on, or could I go back to using the 12 month code?

I do currently do this, but would need to lift my game to get the required totals somehow. I read that you can only get 5,000 points max per month though, with a 1-month pass costing 12,000 - is this incorrect?

That's also handy - I could treat the missus to a Tesco card! I thought EA had already been added though?

3. oscy

oscy Modder

You're never tied to anything. If you don't turn off auto-renewal, then it'll charge you and renew the Game Pass monthly. If you turn it off, then it'll just expire and you won't be on Game Pass or Gold until you subscribe to either again.

What I do for Rewards is have the Rewards page bookmarked (or you could have it as your home page) so I don't forget, and every day I open it and click all the things, plus I also click related searches until the points stop. Only takes a couple of minutes, but there are more ways to earn more points that I haven't bothered looking into.

EA Play was added to Game Pass for console, but for some reason they delayed adding it to PC / Ultimate and will only say it's coming this year.

ModSquid likes this.
  4. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

No, you can continue paying for live however you like. It's just a pain you have to actually stop game pass first. If you forget and top up live/gold before stopping GP it will convert your 12 month code to GP as a lower ratio.

I've not hit a limit. Managed to amass just under 20k points this past month, most from just playing games.

As well as the searches and online stuff Oscy mentioned there's quests through the dashboard and mobile app. Most quests are just from playing games and unlocking achievements.

ModSquid likes this.
  5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Nice one - cheers both!

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Rage 2 is currently free on Epic.

Mr Happy likes this.
  7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Humble have a bundle on sale at the moment that ironically includes Pandemic: The Board Game.

Splendid!

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

HUKD is listing a deal on Cyberpunk 2077 £18.99

It uses the GOG app, but they provide you with links to games files and an offline installer ~ 100GB inc patches

Last edited: 20 Feb 2021
    Krikkit and Byron C like this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I opted against doing it, but I really like the fact they offer the ability to go full offline with the installation of the game.

10. David

It works well - no launcher or game client, or DRM that I can see.

11. perplekks45

That's really cool. Maybe I'll go that route next time.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I think all the GoG stuff does this, at least the games I have I can download them straight from the website without installing Galaxy. Unless they require it upon launching them.

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Nah they don't require it for launching the games, however if you bypass Galaxy you'll have to check for updates manually for plenty of them.

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

15. David

Reduced to £17.99 now

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Such a bargain - despite the bugs (of which there are many) the first few hours of Cyberpunk is right up there with the best Scifi RPGs I've played. Currently putting it into the same tier as Mass Effect 1+2 which is high praise from me.

17. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Been playing it myself recently too and agree it's looking good so far, however I'm finding that it is randomly crashing to desktop quite a lot.

Are you finding this or are the bugs you refer to more of the amusing glitchy variety?

18. perplekks45

I know you didn't ask me, but as I have 100+ hours in this game I think I might as well answer. Mainly the bugs are of the annoying/funny variety, occasionally you'll run into bugs that prevent you from starting/finishing quests. The story is hit or miss, I think, more miss for me because of all the cheap stereotypes and the way it develops in-game (side quests can obviously be done in random order, but that sometimes leads to confusion because of information being presented at the wrong time).

The amount of exploration and climbing onto buildings/cranes/things you can do, the vistas you then get presented with, and the overall art style are damn impressive. I'll easily put this into my top five games of all times and I'm not a whippersnapper like a certain doge around these 'ere parts.

BA_13 likes this.
  19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Mine hasn't full-on crashed once yet, but it's littered with minor bugs.

My biggest annoyances so far are that all the trees are visible through other structures, so a tree-lined street on the map is visible through a bunch of buildings... And the AI randomly seems to discover bodies through walls/hidden etc and trigger alerts. There's lots more, but I'm trying not to get too wrapped up into counting and cataloguing them! That's part of my day job I'd rather leave at the door.

As perplekks45 says though, the environment, atmosphere and vistas they've created are absolutely fantastic. That's what makes it for me.

20. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Odd, I'm getting very few graphical glitches, random AI discoveries etc but lots of crashes to desktop. Oh well fingers crossed the next patch makes it a bit more stable.