1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Trump just got off Scot free. However the turtle did say he's open to every lawsuit known to man. That at least is possibly good news.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, that just ruins the point of the film (I can certainly imagine which part in particular was cut).

Many moons ago, I remember watching The Matrix Reloaded in Singapore. It came to the bit where Morpheus delivers his address to Zion, then they have their party (well, orgy). The music kept skipping and later on I found out they'd cut the sex scenes between Neo and Trinity because sex is bad, m'kay.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Can't even type cause either med reaction or kidney failure. Don't know which it is. Fourth times a charm typing this.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Samsung repair

I am having an utter ball ache with their callout service. this is the 3rd time they've contacted me the night before to reschedule after confirming the call out time , its been nearly a ****ing month now and I'm nowhere near to getting my tablet repaired.

****ing bastads!

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Cut my own hair, now in bad mood.

Looks ok, except for that line along the base of the skull, I can never get that even.
    Terrible overly PC TV edits have been a thing since I was little (some time before DVD were invented), the worst I think I've ever seen was Commando. They removed Bennet getting impaled by the pipe, Arnie just threw it, then the pun makes no sense.

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Apathy.

8. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

My favourite:

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Very good!
    I have been looking for ages for the brilliant Fast Show sketch when Harry and Paul were mobsters using toned down language to argue.

I remember a few lines: "Fun you earhole", "You funned my wife?", "No, she sucked my duck and I ate her putty", "...you Muddy Funster"

10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thank you so much @wolfticket. You STAR! I didn't know it was called that.
    Fouind after all these years.

Off to have a good chuckle!!!

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I've only ever seen commando on the TV, thankfully they always leave the pipe scene in.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Training on LANCOM products.

Utter trash interface. The more exposure I get to it the more I hate it.

..I still have the rest of today and tomorrow to go on this verkakte product line.

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sold two watches a week ago, one to a Spanish fella and one to someone in the UK

UK one has arrived and its the one meant for the Spanish fella...

DOH! Headache incoming...

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Car's passed its MOT (which it bloody well should have, it's only four years old), but they've flagged three of the four tyres as being either perished, suffering sidewall damage, or both. Closest I've ever come to needing to replace all four at once, so I've upgraded to Michelin Primacy 4s on all four corners. 440 bloody quid, tho'. Ouch.

Mind you, the dealership wanted £352 to fit four bargain-basement E-rated things, so the extra £90 to get (alleged) B-rated fuel economy and A-rated wet-weather handling doesn't sound so bad.

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Cheers to MoT pass day, G :D

(Hold on, that should be in that there other thread shouldn't it.)

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Christ, just got the bill for the service: £500. That covers the windscreen wipers I asked 'em to change (which, yes, I should really have done myself), a main service, the MOT, and apparently Vauxhall requires the spark plugs are changed every four years. So that's £940 this bleedin' car's cost me so far this year, not counting the insurance or any of the fuel that goes into it...

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Ouch.
    Seeing big bills like that makes me almost forget the discomfort of all those time I found my flat out on my back in a puddle under a car.

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

If you really want to cheer yourself up, do the maths and work out the per-mile, fully loaded cost.

Assuming you've barely touched it... I'd be surprised if I've driven more than 1000 miles over the last 12 months anyway.

On the car theme, I booked my truck it in for its first service with my favourite indie garage next week and was informed that it's too big to fit on their ramp, so off to the dealer it is. It's less the dealer pricing I mind (even though it's 50% more), it's more the fact that I don't know if I entirely trust them.

Aside from Lotus and BMW (they get a bad rap, but I've found the local Sytner to be excellent and cost effective), I can definitely count many more bad experiences than good with dealers. Here's to hoping Nissan buck the trend.

20. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

FWIW they've looked after our LEAF for ten years now, and not one gripe from us. They even re-coded the keys for free when I bought a replacement not from them. Audi, on the other hand? Well, I could tell you some stories. (I already have, I suspect).