1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i was gonna go for the asrock taichi becuase of the extra nvme slots but for £150 and the tons of positive reviews of the board made it a no brainer,
    also ordered 2 pairs of these which according a couple of threads else where runs fine at 4000 16-16-16-36 at 1.40v

[​IMG]

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO Black, PC4-28800 (3600), Non-ECC Unbuff, CAS 18, 1.35V - Doubling up what I've already got, been thinking it for a while as my base system usage (which I mean with firefox open) is around 9GB, so some games and CAD can run out! £10 cheaper than last year too!

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Don't let the Doge tell you different, MSI makes decent boards. I bought my X570 Gaming Carbon WiFi Pro LULz RandomBuzzword when it was first released, never had any issues at all.

Yaka and The_Crapman like this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I did a build late last year with a B550 carbon. Absolutey beautiful board and a ton of features that would cost you £100 more if it were ASUS. The bios is a bit odd, but only in that it has a different layout you have to get used to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yaka and perplekks45 like this.
  5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

They may make OK boards, but their software is terrible. The Dragon Center is so laggy and buggy its a joke, plus it takes 15 minutes to do updates and often drops/reverts settings!!

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Another happy MSI customer here - bought an X570-A a few weeks ago and it's spot on.

ETA: I don't use the dragon software though, took a brief look at it but couldn't see any useful features, went straight in the bin

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What do you use for RGB control?

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

[​IMG]

Gunsmith, Pete J, Dr. Coin and 8 others like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If you absolutely must, then OpenRGB
    (Except if you want MSI Mystic Light - OpenRGB has a chance of bricking the controller!)

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

[​IMG]

Sadly may have arrived a little damaged, unsure if just superficial at the moment.

Yaka and perplekks45 like this.
  11. perplekks45

aa
    You install it once, turn off all RGB or set it to whatever you fancy, uninstall, done. No headaches, no issues.

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

got a set of bumper plates couple of years ago, one mine had damaged rubber but thats gonna happen anyway if you are lifting to failure. if plat it self is deformed ( should be fairly obvious) then send it back.

the rubber they use on these holds up really well.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That is something I've never used, I always set up the board from the UEFI and it seems decent enough on my last couple of MSI boards. The only real problem I had with it is that it doesn't warn you should you set memory speeds to silly values in the custom option. This left me with a non functional PC for a few hours last year when I set the RAM to 36000mhz and a trip to the clear CMOS jumper. I use the presets now...

14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Treated myself to a Ultrawide monitor. Went for the Gigabyte model in the end which based on reviews trades blows with the AOC at the ~£450 mark. Need to do further tweaks to get it just right (HUB had a decent settings guide) but so far really enjoying it :happy: (also coming from the Dell's TN panel the first thing I noticed was there were blacks, where before they were grey.... :eeek::grin:). Should be noted that I do get flickering in D2 menus (gameplay is fine) when using G-sync, but I have resolved this by keeping Freesync premium on in the monitors UI and switching to ULMB in the Nvidia CP. So far it feels about the same as with G-sync (no tearing and super smooth) without the annoying menu flickering.

[​IMG]

Switched my existing Dell into portrait mode for the extra screen because why not.

[​IMG]

Increasing to 3440x1440 from 2560x1440 has meant around a 20fps drop in D2 but I am still averaging ~80-100fps on a 2070Super (2000/14800 undervolted).

Last edited: 20 Feb 2021
    IanW and Yaka like this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I read this as "Diablo II" both times until it clicked when I saw the FPS figures..

xaser04 likes this.
  16. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

... So he's not watching the Mighty Ducks 2 at over 100 FPS ?

17. perplekks45

It would've made sense as well. Sometimes even Project Diablo 2 drops into the 20s.

In connection to that: I'll definitely pre-order Diablo 2: Resurrected today after watching the panels from BlizzCon.

xaser04 likes this.
  18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I don't, not my bag.

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot Diablo II is often shortened to D2... To clarify it is Destiny 2 I am playing. :)

(This is what happens when I can't sleep and post at stupid times).

20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

forgot that i needed a new waterblock for my migration to a team red setup. why cant all mobos have holes in the same spot:/ wanted a heatkiller one but couldn't find one instock so opted for this one

also my mobo arrived from that odd ebay listing, looks brandnew so hope it runs ok when u install it.

[​IMG]