1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Recently finished Yakuza Like A Dragon. I have side stories and other stuff to do. Waiting for the Yakuza Remasters complete collection to hit Steam then likely going to play through them all.

Currently playing Guild Wars 2 pretty heavily and Guild Wars 1 as I am looking to complete some older titles I never got around to doing.

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I've been there pal, many times.
    Thankfully 'beaten' it now.
    Hard to explain to non-addicts, this is the best I could think of to try and get them to at least have some small idea what it is like.

Spanky and adidan like this.
  3. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Ive had a rough 12 months. And ive started to come back from it .. Thank god for GamStop. But yes the ease of it is very scary and very hard to get rid of any addiction , its so hard.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  4. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Currently playing Prey (2017) for a 2nd time. I wish there were more games like this made.
    I think they are called 'immersive sims' but I prefer to call them well thought out games with great graphics, sound and story and enough of a challenge to not feel like an extension of my day job.
    Deux Ex, Alien Isolation, Prey, Dishonored, Fallout etc...we need more games like this.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I really tried to like Prey, because it’s exactly the sort of game I should love, but I just couldn’t get into it. Try as I might it just wouldn’t hold my interest to go any further than the first area.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Might be worth a revisit perhaps?
    I will say, I am getting much more out of it 2nd time around as I think I raced through it a bit 1st time.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That's been my relationship with Doom 2016. I don't often say it because it's such a good game, and so well-received and (rightly) celebrated for its FPS-genre-expanding innovations and refinement. But I just find it a bit boring after a while. Very repetitive and simple. Eternal looks like it just pads out the repetitive and simple experience with collectibles, achievements, unlocks and a hammy story so I'm not sure I would enjoy that any more. Things like Far Cry 3, HL2 and GTA IV spoilt me with their actually-good stories and compelling characters; I find I can't go back to just "doomguy angry, doomguy smash, super shotgun so big" adolescent power fantasies, however much I'd like to. All the time I'm sat watching doomguy tear apart demons by hand I'm acutely aware that I'm a middle-aged man with a job and mortgage sat in the dark watching doomguy tear apart demons, and I feel silly.

That's obviously much more of a reflection on me than on Doom 2016, though, and I don't dispute that it's a good game. It's just not my cup of tea any more.

Meanwhile I finally tried GTA5 and had the strange experience of being simultaneously blown away by its technical achievements and massively disappointed by its plot, characters and gameplay. Compared to GTA IV the storyline is cartoonishly over-the-top and shallow, two of the three main characters are totally unlikeable sociopathic assholes, and the gameplay is constantly marooned miles apart between oceans of boring commute. After a while driving to the next storyline portion is just a chore. It's like Uber Simulator.

The open world is incredible to behold at first, but you quickly realise there's no benefit to exploring it. One writer on Cracked called GTA5's single-player open world "an experiment to see just how little cheese you need to include before the rat stops exploring the maze", which I think is spot on. There's a huge, beautifully rendered city but **** all reason to actually interact with it.

Franklin is the only likeable character. I reckon GTA V's campaign could've been a much better experience if he was the only POV character and Michael and Trevor were just NPCs. It could probably also have done with being a bit more subtle, its "satire" is so on-the-nose it'd make the creators of South Park blush.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Starcraft 2!

I played Wings of Liberty when it came out, but Heart of the Swarm didn't come out for another 3 years because they were doing that whole 'episodic content' thing. Then when Heart of the Swarm did come out I wasn't really too bothered about playing it at launch, so I held off until it was cheaper. I think 7 years counts as 'holding off'! :grin:

9. Age

Age Minimodder

Lots of Valorant and just started Hitman 3 for when I want to chill.

10. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Goldeneye (2007 XBLA) remake. Even better now that there's a mouse / keyboard support mod!

00 Agent is very difficult, but addictive to play through.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I was watching a video last night of someone doing a no damage play through of that and soooo many memories. I never had it myself but played so much of it at a friend's house when i was younger, was surprised how much of it was still so familiar. My friend played it for years after release, although I should clarify that he played one mission for years until he unlocked the last bonus and fully completed the game.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Enjoying both Destiny 2 and PUBG again.

Decided a while ago that I was going to play PUBG in First Person and I have to say it's better, but the only downside is that for most of the Squad games you fight bot's until the last sort of 15 alive.

Still getting a dinner against real players even if there are only a few left in the game, is better than get no dinners at all in it.

Had one squad game where the last 3 alive other than myself were all bot's which made my team mate laugh.

Got my 2nd ever Solo Squad Chicken Dinner yesterday which was fun and I think one of my friends was also in the game, and I think I killed him at the end but need to check with him.

Destiny 2 has a new season and it's actually fun at the moment, although I am really at the point of not putting in as much time to it as I did a while ago because although fun at the moment soon within probably 3 weeks it won't be and I will just stop playing it till the next season starts.

I am looking forward to trying Outriders though even if it looks to me to be very similar to Anthem, I just hope it doesn't feel and perform like it and also survives to warrant buying it.

13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Squad PUBG still. We had a hilarious round on Vikendi one night this week.
    4 man squad plus 96 bots...
    Sadly the boys were too quick at killing each other, 33 kills between us.
    Sounds good until you see ChocoTaco get 19 on his own!

damien c and Vault-Tec like this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Doom Eternal

I'm still wrapping up Borderlands 3 with me online chum, but having taken a little break after completing Mass Effect Andromeda, I decided to head into head into this for my singleplayer experience. I was toying with the idea of replaying Doom 2016 beforehand, but am increasingly aware of the fact that I don't have has much spare time as I used to, and apparently the game mechanics are tweaked.

I've played through the first level on 'Nightmare' and am enjoying it so far - took me a couple of hours to do so, but it's damn satisfying to beat a section on the hardest mode (excepting Ultra-Violence, which I will never be good enough to do, nor would ever want to be!). The graphics are good - while not super realistic, the performance is astounding and I'm sure it's hurtling along at over 60FPS even on the highest settings I can apply (at 4K).

Can't wait to come up against the first boss.

15. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Did you ever try Goldeneye Source? It was only multiplayer but tons of fun.

16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yep, but never had any friends to play with so I just explored the levels!

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Greedfall courtesy of Gamepass. It's better on PC than Xbox, though.

Although the accent of the natives is infuriating. Almost as infuriating as the subtitles needing some serious proof reading. Barely a conversation goes by without the subtitles having an Austin Powers ??????? moment because the words said don't match the text..

18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I have just done similar, although i played through Doom 2016 first and gained a new appreciation for the scripts of the random holograms dotted around, some are seriously dark! It was a bit jarring going from 2016 to Eternal, as the art style had changed oddly, somewhat cartoony? in places and more "realistic" in others; but enjoyed both - as i dont have infinte free time i played through on an easier difficulty and focused on 100%ing them, adimittedly i fell short on eternal as i couldnt complete a few of the gorenest challenges but hey thats what a playthrough in 5 years time is for...
    Now onto Just Cause 4...

Pete J likes this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Having a bit of a dabble again with No Man's Sky now that the latest update is out and it's pretty good. Loving that I can now scrap ships. Tried a new start and all seems pretty good thus far.

My PC cooling winds up a fair bit through, running a Ryzen 5 2600x (stock), 16GB RAM, GTX 980 Ti, so there should be no issues, but the Corsair H100i GTX really does wind up and kick out some heat. I think I need to have a play with re seating it and the settings, can't seem to find much to do the custom settings through corsair's iCue though.

And on all that, I am really not getting as much time as I would like to game with a wife to look after (fibromyalgia, she's a little limited in doing stuff) and 4 cats...

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Been back in Elite Dangerous since I picked up a WMR headset.

VR makes it a whole new game, been doing a bit of exploring.

Was amazed not to have to go too far from the bubble to find an undiscovered planet. But then space is big I guess.