1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Expect them to be back come testing. The unveiled versions are almost always dumbed down to keep new designs secret as long as possible, the McLaren for example had a completely blank diffuser area, probably to hide what they're doing to get around/overcome the new diffuser regs. James Alison explicitly said there was a lot more to come on the Mercedes, in particular how they'd tackle the removal or the rear floor corner and banning of floor vents and they'd left some new "revolutionary designs" off the car.

Alpine in particular is very striking. So glad Aston Martin have gone with BRG and not a spot of pink in sight. That would have been a bit o_O

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

The stripe running the length of the car is actually hot pink :happy: I think it works though.

3. The_Crapman

Oops! thought it was red :hehe: Looks ok, I guess. Might just take a bit of getting used to. Found a better pic that shows it
    [​IMG]

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Comrade Haasovitch reporting for duty!
    [​IMG]

Or should it be the Haaski? It's the best looking paint job Haas have had since they started by miles. But it's also a bit sad that the Mazepins have taken that tight of a grip on the team that quickly. It's like the Stroll's without Lance's relative likeability.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2021
  5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

There will be a transfer of ownership within the next year, Hass to Mazepin, almost guaranteed.

6. The_Crapman

Let's hope Williams don't have red this year or it'll be hard to tell who's dragging round at the back. :lol:

7. fix-the-spade

If the 2021 Williams has even a few more Mercedes parts Russell is going to smash the Haas drivers. If Haas' assertion that the 2021 car is just the 2020 car with the minimum changes Latifi might smash Haas too.

8. The_Crapman

Well someone's got to smash the Haas cars now the crash test dummies have been been given the boot.

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

There are rumours that BWT could be leaving Aston Martin and Williams was supposedly a candidate they could move coto.We could see a light red ie pink Williams next year

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

[​IMG]

So, the Williams livery has been released. Not sure I'm a fan - vertical stripes just don't work.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Looks like a tropical fish.

12. The_Crapman

I was going to say the backlooks like a swimming pool, but now all I see is fish! :hehe:

I do like the hark back to the rothmans livery of 94-97 in the nose, but they lost it on the engine cover.

13. fix-the-spade

I like it, but it is very club racer-ey and doesn't bode well for Williams' financial state even post buyout.

Only Ferrari to go and this might be the best looking F1 grid in decades.

14. fix-the-spade

[​IMG]

We were this close to greatness!

Whoever decided that two tone red with green highlight is a nice colour combination needs throwing into Mt Etna. It's not hideous but it's the paintwork I like the least of the 2021 cars.

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I quite like it, except the green. The green is hideous. Then again I also really like the Williams.

16. The_Crapman

Hate it. Ferrari should have been the easiest of them all, but that is just wrong.

17. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

As others have said, all it would have taken was a thick white outline and boom Italian flag. Green up against red - blurgh.

18. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Their special dark red livery last year was glorious. But who thought it would work to tack it on the end, like it was dipped in a vat of paint!?

19. The_Crapman

Timing board on fom website is a bit tricky with alpine, Williams and Redbull all in blue. Alpine and Williams in particular are very close. Hass switching to white will take some getting used to. Could do with pushing Aston Martin a shade deeper green to pull it away from mercedes too.

Edit: and alpha tauri in blue, but pretty dark grey blue. But the grid is EXTREMELY blue this year. Alpha tauri, red bull, Williams, alpine. Hass has some blue, McLaren has blue (albeit against a lot of orange), Merc with a touch of turquoise.

Last edited: 12 Mar 2021
  20. fix-the-spade

Ok, it's legitimately funny to hear the people on the live update feeds all cursing Darude's name.

yodasarmpit and The_Crapman like this.