1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Try picking your daughter up from primary school with a beard like mine, oh I got looks that'd curdle milk.

Open trimmers, throw every attachment away, adjust trimmers to zero, no cares in the world.

LennyRhys and boiled_elephant like this.
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I convinced the missus to break out the grade four a month ago - I'm getting ready to go again.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Mother nature is politely nudging me already, but I'm going to stay in full Nick Cave style denial. Unless I end up with one of those stupid little islands of hair top and centre.

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Just like Steve McLaren

[​IMG]

5. boiled_elephant

You jest, but mine is legit threatening to do that. Thanks, genes!

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Trying to find a small Intel Z3x0 series board for less than £200 is a bit of a challenge these days.

I took a punt on a £70 three slot small mATX z370 board on feebay - the potato quality pics on the listing left me expecting bent pins on the CPU socket, despite the seller assuring me it was fine.

Anyhoo, it arrived today - four days earlier than expected, which is always nice - with no socket cover!! Surprisingly, the board looks absolutely pristine. I was expecting a dusty mess with pins pointing every which way - such is my expectation from ebay these days. I only want it to test memory speeds on non-k CPUs, but it looks like a winner. :)

Last edited: 12 Mar 2021
    The_Crapman, LennyRhys and Arboreal like this.
  7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I was seriously considering buying some cordless clippers last summer as my hair was getting wild, but I literally couldn't as they were sold out absolutely everywhere. I was pretty annoyed as I knew I had a set of (wired) clippers somewhere in the house, but could I find them anywhere? Could I hell!

Then they turned up out of the blue one day in a box of random stuff that I'm 99.9% I had already looked through in minute detail. Despite said clippers being nearly 25 years old, they still work just fine. Only slight issue is that the number 2 guard has been lost along the way but 3 is fine given I'm only leaving the house once a week to go to the shops :D Cordless would definitely be more convenient, though.

8. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Got on a short list for hiring for an job that I'm interested in. Hopefully I get that job so I can pay my dumb bills, rent and such!

I will hear back on Monday :)

The_Crapman, xaser04, IanW and 2 others like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Meanwhile, here in Wales, barber shops re-open on Monday. :thumb:

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

As a baldie, taking Mrlongbeard's approach is one of the best things anyone can do. It's a bit of a weird transition from having some hair, but after a few days you get used to the look of yourself and then you ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner. It also generally looks a lot better than having inconsistent hair density in my opinion.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If I have to put a comb through my hair then it's way too long. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT. Job done.

I had a massive thing about my hair when I was younger; I have a sizeable bald patch from a childhood injury, so I always kept my hair in a side parting to try and hide it. I'm not sure why but I stopped giving a f--- about it when I went to Uni, and I shaved it completely bald - and I mean completely bald. Like... with a razor. I've only taken it down that far once or twice, these days I usually buzz it all off with clippers about 4 or 5 times a year.

12. boiled_elephant

I'm not on board the baldy train - simply because I've done it before, and my head is a very odd shape. Not in a low-self-esteem, only-you-notice-it-yourself way. In a, everyone-looks-twice way. I must've been dropped as a child or something.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Same. Having a turban helps. But feels like false advertising when it comes off in the bedroom :hehe:

The_Crapman likes this.
  14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Made my first 3D file to be printed for my modeling. Feelsgoodman.jpg

15. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

48hrs after first covid jab (AZ). Apart from feeling tired and bit of a headache, nothing really to report.

Nanobots don’t seem to have delivered the autism yet.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I have found a flat monitor do dad that doesn't spazz my eyes out.
    Today is a momentous day, I've only been looking on and off since 2006, but now where an oldie 17" Dell CRT sat resides a modest 24" curved jobbie running at an eye pleasing 144hz.
    It was always one of my theories that it was the low freqs (60hz) of flat screen monitors that caused me agro, but wiork took a punt and bought me this and after a week of getting used to it, it's here to stay, well until I can afford a 34" monster and a GPU to push pictures on to it.

So happy dance day;
    [​IMG]
    Even though 96% of you will have never seen the dancing baby in its original form, bloody kids.

boiled_elephant, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Mortgage approved. I'm a (soon to be) home owner!
    [​IMG]

The_Crapman, IanW, adidan and 2 others like this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

I mean... it was pretty early on in the context of t' interweb, somwhere in the mid to late 90s, and I would have been a naiive impressionable young teenager, but still...

[​IMG]

boiled_elephant likes this.
  19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If you can name the TV program off the top of your head I'd be impressed, if you used to watch it I'd be worried.
    Hell, I have no idea why I bloody watched it, well expect it was before the days of 1000's of channels

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The dancing baby gif existed before Ally McBeal, as you say, but that show made it really popular... I think I watched it a bit and never really found the appeal. You could get cheap T&A late in the evenings on Channel 4 and Channel 5 without all the rubbish drama getting in the way, so... :shrug:

The_Crapman and mrlongbeard like this.