1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rockstar to implement GTA Online loading time fix

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 16 Mar 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'm probably being overly cynical, but I expected a completely different reaction.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

$10,000 and a lot of well earned €5 coffees.The original blog post linked in the article is worth reading. Seems like they genuinely didn't expect to gain anything from this other than fixing the problem and saving net vast amounts of time and energy. Quite heart-warming to see them end up with some tangible gains as well as legendary status among players.

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Honestly this has been known about for a while, i remember when i first started it was one a known trick that you could slash the loading times by pausing the process and re-starting it during the load times this would skip alot of the un-necessary BS in the load time and drop you straight into Online

Rockstar then figured it would reduce the time they could advertise Sharkcards and overpriced saints row inspired military hardware to you, so quietly patched it so if the loading was interrupted it would dump you into singleplayer instead...

why they would patch this now is a mystery, perhaps gamer retention is starting to fall away and they feel a PR boost would entice some players back

5. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

$10k is an insult. He deserved at least $30k.

Btw, I don't play GTA V from months now and is probably dead for me.

Tags: Add Tags