1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

As long as you don't have a wasted girl and a bag of fertiliser, you're probably alright.

Yaka, IanW and adidan like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Nor wasted fertiliser and a bag of girl.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Worse still, a bag of wasted girl, fertilizer...

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Nor a fertilised girl and a wasted bag....

5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

My Premium Bonds had a return of 2.7% in 2020, mainly £25 with one £50 payout.

6. adidan

My mum seems to have averaged one £25 win for each month of the past few years.

Shoe fund apparently.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Ordered 10 bottles of champagne for 300+ Euros yesterday. Wedding and just for fun.

Please let me know how you find the Black Label Batman comics. I really enjoyed the Hill House line by Joe Hill et al on the same label.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2021
    IanW and Pete J like this.
  8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Been on the waiting list for this since August last year, oh god my ****ing wallet. :waah:

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Will do. Currently working through The Walking Dead and I have a couple of books I want to get through first, so don't expect a review too soon!

Yaka and perplekks45 like this.
  10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I spoke too soon, a treat it does not work. I've started getting random blackouts on the picture sadly, so it's going back.

And whilst I initially expected to need an optical HDMI cable, it hurts so much more now that I thought I could get away with this.

Alas, one of these is currently winging its way to me - https://www.richersounds.com/wyrestorm-cab-haoc-frl-15.html
    Went for the 48Gbps one for a bit a longevity... figured opting for the 18Gbps was false economy since it would not only mean another cable in a few years, but also mean another fishing expedition to actually use it.

11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I know it's a bit late, but I'd be trying a posher conventional 15m HDMI cable. If the £17 is on the threshold of working then it's not going to take much improvement. Some have active components to allow even longer runs for not all that much money: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TNP-HDMI-Cable-Booster-Built/dp/B077XQVHDV/

...TBH, it's just that the very concept of a £200+ cable makes me nauseous :happy:

12. Mister_Tad

Yeah... I did ponder various extenders to start with assuming that a traditional cable was a non-starter, but found as many forumites citing the same sort of jank they had with a too-long traditional HDMI cable - depending on source, format etc. So figured I'd give the Kabeldirekt special a go and had low expectations.

It's less the cost of the cable at this point tbh, and more the effort to re-run it if I'm liable to have reliability issues on anything short of doing it properly. I used the cable I have now for a few days to confirm all was well before running it through walls and ceilings and here I am again.

At least this way I can theoretically keep using the same cable when an 8K upgrade comes down the line.

13. adidan

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

ZOTAC Graphics Card GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity 10GB for £750 odd, hopefully it comes! Singularly the most expensive PC part I've ever bought! Hopefully I can mine some crypto and make back some money :p

Goatee and spolsh like this.
  15. Mister_Tad

I'mma stop posting in this thread if you lot are just going to take the mick

16. adidan

It's just envy. Carry on. :thumb:

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The sarcasm hides the tears of jealousy. :thumb:

Mr_Mistoffelees and Goatee like this.
  18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Not a purchase, but rather a present: an Anker wireless vertical mouse.
    [​IMG]

I love my MX Master 2 but having been using it for probably 10+ hours a day over the last year of lockdown, I've started to get some wrist and hand pain so I figured I'd give this a try and see how it goes. It has taken a bit of getting used to, and I massively miss the clutched scroll wheel (and thumb scroll) of the Logitech, and the build quality isn't comparable, but it does seem to be better in terms of reducing discomfort. Not bad for about £15. I really wanted a Penguin but they are well over £100 so this is a good budget alternative!

David likes this.
  19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The Penguin looks like a sex toy.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh that's nice, I wouldn't replace my mx master 3 but for what they are Anker products are really nice and really well made, they stand heads above the chinese **** those markets are flooded in so its nice to see them branching out.