1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Thoughts on ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (120Hz IPS Ryzen 9 RTX 3060) model

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andy Mc, 25 Mar 2021.

1. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

So I'm FINALLY looking to upgarde and I'm thinking about moving from a desktop to a gaming laptop and currently have my eyes on the Asus ROG Zeph whatsit G14, which scan have on pre-order.

Has anyone any experiance with this or similar models? Looking to get something that is mobile and will last, as I rarely tend to upgrade.

Open to alternatives (even a desktop build if theres not a massive wait for parts).

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Amazing bit of kit, lack of integrated webcam the only thing that put me off, in these Corona zoom led times

3. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Lack of a web cam is a good thing in my book.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Not sure what you consider respectable portability but this looked like a decent spec, better GPU for gaming

81YU001SUK, Lenovo Legion 7i | Box.co.uk (1500) its bigger, heavier and uses more power that a g14 but still seems a decent package, has scope for upgrades with 2 M2 slots upgradeable memory and wifi etc, all that stuff is soldered to the board on my asus apart from M2, which is a shame as I wanted to put a wifi6e card in to tie u with my router and couldn't, I think the g14 is the same, mostly soldered.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2021