1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. maple

maple Minimodder

Dirt Rally on PC as I recently got my hands on a Logitech G29. I prefer the original over the sequel. I feel it has more of a realistic look to it.

Also replaying James Bond Bloodstone on PS3. An interesting one as Bizarre Creations were the team behind it yet they're mainly known for the PGR series.

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Once you take away the brownness, I'm not sure there's anything else left to define those titles.

Ditto on Dirt Rally with a G(920) wheel. Loved it to bits, tried both Dirt and Dirt 2.0, found Dirt actually a bit better to play, if worse visually. Handling and force feedback seemed better.

But then I broke out Euro Truck Simulator 2 and - no word of a lie - I managed to get carpal tunnel syndrome in my wrist. I am now out of action from gaming until it gets better.

You know a trucking sim is realistic when it gives you repetitive strain injuries. Just like real life!

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I've been playing a fair bit of Forza 7 and Horizon 4 (Driving through Edinburgh), neither being a sim - but good fun.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Valheim! SO addictive! TL;DR: Procedurally-generated open world survival & crafting - think Viking Minecraft with with less blocky graphics.

I bought it last Monday and it's pretty much all I'm doing with my spare time. My OH has had it for a while now, and I've deliberately held off on buying it because I knew it'd be exactly the kind of thing that really floats my boat.

adidan and Mr Happy like this.
  5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Super Mario 64 Plus

I've been giving this a go, it's great fun. I've bought many Mario games over the years and re-playing Mario 64 is brilliant on the PC, especially with the new tweaks.

Yaka and Mr Happy like this.
  6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Dishonored Death of the Outsider. Great addition to the canon

7. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

OpenTTD as it's on Steam.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Since the latest WoW expac showed itself to be even more of a let-down than The Cataclysm and, by a big margin, I have so far this year lost interest in games altogether. My wife did pay my sub for WoW a couple of weeks ago but, I'm still only playing less than 10 hours a week...

At least I don't need to upgrade my PC for new games. Every cloud has a silver lining. :grin:

9. boiled_elephant

WoW takes a long time to get out of your system, I found. I've waxed lyrical many times on here about it being one of the greatest games ever made and unique in its depth and breadth. For a while afterwards anything else you play feels kinda shallow.

I'd recommend social gaming (same-screen and split-screen casual) with a significant other or family member if you want to find a whole different groove. Portal 2, Wobbly Life, Battleblock Theatre, Trine, Magicka, Farm Together, PC by the TV and a couple of controllers. It's bliss.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Borderlands 3

So, despite not really rating it the first time around, my friend and I ended up having a stab at another playthrough, for lack of a better idea. With TVHM and Mayhem level 11 activated, suddenly the game is actually fun - wish it'd been an option from the get go.

Having said that, we're now both lvl65 and even with the Mayhem modifiers, we're back to waltzing it. One boss we expected to have to spend a few minutes on but was literally over in 5 seconds - we thought we'd just made it past the first stage, but nope. Still, it's quite hilarious to see the hit markers say things like '8M'.

LennyRhys likes this.
  11. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

Warhammer - Chaosbane is in my opinion an excellent game. I haven't beaten it yet, because my PC has an average of 40 fps when I am playing it. I will fully enjoy it when I buy myself a new PC.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

When it comes to games, I prefer to play alone, I'm not very social. I've actually been becoming increasing bored with games for a long time now, don't expect that to change much until Elder Scrolls 6 stumbles out into the light at some time in the distant future, if at all...

SuperHans123 likes this.
  13. boiled_elephant

Be careful what you wish for, at this rate there's every chance it'll be a microtransaction zombie.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Still ploughing through Outriders on the little Series S (console has seriously impressed me, even compared to its big sibling):

Also got a load of smaller / "indie" games downloaded onto it to test out and maybe do videos on.

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I have fond memories of Hexen (not so fond memories of Quake, but was was a technological marvel at the time) so some of it is rose-tinted-spec syndrome. ;)

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ran through the Resident Evil Village Demo. Not normally my cup of tea but it was interesting enough. Doesn't give much away although obviously spoilers if you wanted to play the demo without any prior information:

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Got very bored without being able to play PC games recently, so I fired up XCOM Enemy Within on my (Windows 10) tablet and found it surprisingly playable*. Of course this means that, even though my PC is now back online, I now have to play that save through to the end. TBF I could play that game while wearing a blindfold at this point.

And Valheim, still. God I missed that game...

*surprisingly playable = ~20-25fps, hitting 30 in some scenes... enough to follow what's going on...

18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Singularity. An oldie but a goodie

Pete J likes this.
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

SuperHans123 likes this.
  20. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

We gave "Grounded" a crack the other day, watching @Edwards get jumped by a Wolf Spider and scream like a little girl - made my night.