1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Proteus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ianovski, 29 Jun 2020.

1. radziecki

radziecki What's a Dremel?

Loving iiiit!
    Huge fan of wood and black frames combination.

2. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Thanks! Yeah it was a pity but I got it working pretty great now. Asus now has this creator mode for their lights and it should work great, except it doesn't... But good enough to get some nice shots for now.

Thanks, me too! haha

3. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final - part 2

The lights are working! Not 100% to my satisfaction but I managed to get some good results for the "night" pictures and am happy to share those with you. One thing that's left on my planning is a little video showing off the monitor effect in full detail. But I am very happy to say that this build is finished! It took me so much longer than I wanted due to so many different things but the project taught me a lot and I'm rather stoked with the result.

I find it a very difficult mod to photograph but I tried my best so here goes! (It's works better and is prettier in real life I think)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am very pleased with the wooden front and light strip, plus the flexibility of the theme throughout the mod, since this was ultimately the entire idea behind using the monitor. Some things I would've done different with my current knowledge is choosing a black motherboard, since it stands out a bit too much I think. And also leave more space for cablemanagement behind the monitor. But, nonetheless, very happy with the result and I'd love to hear what you think!

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It still looks good. :D

5. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

looks good :thumb:

6. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Haha thanks!

Thank you!