1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other MegaRAID 9361-8i Raid card advice

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Buzzons, 9 Apr 2021.

1. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Hi all,

In my current file server I've got an HP P410 running a RAID6 of 6x4TB disks - this all works fine on my ASRock H170A-X1 motherboard.

However, I wanted something a little bit faster when I migrate to a new set of disks so bought an LSI MegaRaid 9361-8i.

However, nothing I do can make it appear in Windows under device manager - nor does it show up in a linux live CD (lspci shows no raid card) - nor can I make it load the pre-boot optionROM to manually create the array.

To get the HP P410 to show up I had to use the attached settings in the BIOS - but I've tried swapping them over / setting CSM disabled / setting fastboot on/off - and nothing will make the optionROM load, nor it turn up in an OS.

asrock_CSM_settings.jpg

Any ideas? (or is the raid card probably broken? :( )

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

I would download the firmware and flash tools from broadcom and see if its detected that way.

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

So turns out card was 100% dead - I got another one and it just worked. Ah well.