1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Converted to pills and compared to starting dose, I'm on quintuple aka max. Moving on to injectable estradiol valerate which is hilariously cheap compared to patches and pills. £120+ per month becomes about £6.6 including injection supplies.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Involved in a dumpster fire of a project, but right now literally all I can do is put my feet up and wait.

Boy oh boy did someone **** up somewhere along the way..

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

As long as it's clear that none of it can be blamed on you, then... GOOD JOB! :thumb:

Last edited: 4 May 2021
  4. liratheal

I'm being brought in to fire fight at the Nth hour, this **** shower is landing somewhere entirely not me!

I do feel bad for the people involved though, they sound about as stressed as I've ever heard people sound.

IanW likes this.
  5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Finally get my house on the 21st, I can start to build a new life and reconnect with myself

yuusou, Arboreal, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Serif Affinity Photo is really good.
    Finally stopped using an ancient version of Photoshop, struggling with GIMP and worrying about whether it might actually be worth me sending Adobe £120 a year.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I started using Photo and liked it (and the cost) so much I added Publisher along with the IOS apps for them in their last sale.

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Here in the US, my supply is $3.40. I am not on estradiol yet. Starting super slow to make sure my body can tolerate it, as with Marfan syndrome nothing works right. Still better than nothing.

9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I'm DIYing this until Gendercare takes over. Hideously expensive but worth it, cost comes down once those ukrainian hormones brewed in chernobyl power plant arrive.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Don't think I'm not considering that route, but my doctors are pretty committed to helping me. While I can go that route I'm doing so, but I am sure I would DIY if they started to balk.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got the old home entertainment stuff up and running again, now the office is a bit tidier. 28" Panasonic Quintrix with Dolby Pro-Logic, a Targa multi-region DVD player and HDD DVR (nothing interesting on the drive, sadly, unless you fancy a random episode of Celebrity Big Brother), a Sharp VHS deck (which I should really upgrade to one with NICAM stereo), and an HDMI to composite adapter so I can hook up things like the PC Engine Core Grafx Mini.

The Targa needed some work, 'cos the tray was absolutely wedged shut. The Sharp, too, 'cos apparently it'd had a copy of Men in Black in it for 20-some years and it'd got tangled up. The tape's a gonner unless I fancy splicing out the crumpled section, but I was able to rescue the drive. Got an ex-rental copy of Little Monsters running in the background to test it out.

Now I just need to work out how to get the record player involved...

Byron C and jinq-sea like this.
  12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Byron C and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Turns out getting the record player involved is easy: I can just stack it on top of the VHS deck and run the phono plugs into the front of the DVR. Currently listening to Bitmap Brothers: Odyssey, and it's working a treat. The DVR is even kind enough to keep its OSD off-screen, leaving the TV display blank.

Okay, it's not the most energy efficient way of listening to an LP given that I'm running a 28" CRT for no reason, but it's all I've got room for!

EDIT:
    Tell a lie, it's just thrown up a Targa-logo bouncing screensaver. At least I won't forget the TV's on, I guess!

entertainment.jpg

Last edited: 5 May 2021
    Byron C, jinq-sea, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  14. TechBuggy

TechBuggy What's a Dremel?

My wife - genuinely the best person I have ever encountered.

Byron C and perplekks45 like this.
  15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Small win, work laptop replacement and domain migration, migration went sort of OK almost everythigns now fixed (mainly by me chasing the right people) but, I've gone from having a 15" laptop on my desk to just having a little HP G2 dock instead, laptops on a shelf under the desk an never needs to come out. Can power it on from the dock an use the external display etc rather than a laptop with cables coming out of everywhere.

Means a much cleaner desk which makes me happy.

liratheal likes this.
  16. liratheal

The G2 docks are super nice. Definitely glad I bought mine.

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Its only the short one but really makes life easier.

18. liratheal

Yeah, mine too. I have to have my work laptop easier to grab, so I have the dock itself under the desk with all the cabling, I can turn it on with my knee and just have the one cable poking out for the laptop to plug into on top.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Playing the PC Engine Mini on the CRT is great. Can't really spot any lag introduced by the HDMI-to-composite adapter, but I'm sure it's there.

starparodier.jpg

Byron C, jinq-sea and Arboreal like this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

2nd dose of Pfizer juice booked for next Tuesday.

IanW likes this.