1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other new fad for the PC modding community

Discussion in 'General' started by totalitymodz, 6 May 2021.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

This section:
    Was about why your store may have failed. Having seen your stock of designs, partial or not, you may just be unaware that modding has long moved on from your business model. 3d printers and cheap desktop cnc's have made making things yourself far more accesible tha ever before,the wealth of watercooling compatability in cases has removed the need for small case mods where people may want just a fan grill or 2 to cover up unslightly dremel cuts. So, in a way, the amount of people making small "necessary" mods may have decreased, but the amount of people doing more full blown aesthetic modding or scratch builds is far greater. PC building and modding has come a long way in the last 20 years, especially so in the last 10. Either you moved with the times and survived or stood still and got left behind. I can see why you're worried about people copying and stealing your designs having spied an MNPC TECH design or tow
    in your portfolio. But they're still thriving as bill always seems rammed for business.

I'll have a guess at rgb hard drive or ssd caddy/mount/cover.

Last edited: 8 May 2021
  2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Drive-bay mini toasty maker.

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Minimodder

My guess is a 5 1/4 bay grass/hay receptacle, for easy snacking while you game

ElThomsono likes this.
  4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Some sort of bridge for a troll to sit under?

Mojo, MLyons, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  5. DeadP1xels

Is it an external copper cup holder? you hook into your water cooling loop to keep your drink cold and safe while your hands are otherwise occupied...

*cough*

MLyons likes this.
  6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Wait, I think I know! Have you come up with a front mounted PopTart cooker using the heat from the CPU/GPU cooking it with heatpipes?

7. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

There are better ways to make up for unmet childhood needs of unconditional love than to troll tech forums for adulation as an adult. I hope you get whatever help you need because however you thought this thread was going to go wasn't going to help at all.

Bloody_Pete, yuusou and The_Crapman like this.
  8. totalitymodz

totalitymodz What's a Dremel?

well the original post was to ask what people would do in my situation and if they could guess what it is or something even close, i would just release it for free as i think thats what i intended to do anyway LOL. I already decided really as i was already uploading stuff to thingiverse to start the process of giving up on the PC accessory market... as deadpixels said as a first response, do you want a business or just to share a cool idea..ive wanted to put the idea out there for years but was always reserved of saying anything incase i ever did put it into production.. also as staff/admin and a moderator of a forum i think your use to trolls and stuff,, but i find your attitude towards me straight away a little on the hostile side and quite frankly i find you very very rude!

you seem so hung up on why my business failed, so my business didnt exactly fail because of its business model LOL, It failed because i was sentenced for assault which was suspended and then i went and assaulted the person again and went to jail for it..so all the bills piled up for 6 months and when i got out i had a financial mess to sort out that left me having to sell a lot of stuff and go back to work as an electrician.

I know you think im probably just some dumb kid messing about LOL but i assure you im not.
    as for you saying about the MNPC tech designs, exactly Haha, i sold billet cable combs, GPU supports and what you guessed haha RGB SSD/HDD covers etc so i was always with the times buddy.

what are you talking about you mate, I dont have the time like you to just post random berating messages on the internet to people i dont even know! because i have had my childhood needs cared for and i have unconditional love in my life from my family and my wife! me thinks someone is talking about themself LMFAO!

anyway aside from all the trollers and people who are just damn right ignorant and rude! here is the concept/idea of what i was once looking to put into production!

RIGID Cable management/Combs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see they will just simply click around existing cables and there would be a lot of variations to suit the modder in terms of angles and cable sizes so it was never just a case of a single item and any purchaser would of been purchasing multiple items to complete there build.

when i prototyped/made these i did them on an elegoo mars resin 3d printer and also made aluminium moulds on the CNC and used polyester resin..I will sort and upload all the files soon for people that actually will do this mod and will appreciate it! No Adulation Needed either. just mod on people..its just for the community of modders! and the people that actually get down dirty and make stuff!

Edited to make pictures visible

Last edited by a moderator: 9 May 2021
  9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Dude why does EVERY post of his have laughing in it? Go look. Lols or hahas etc.

This seems a bit trollish to me.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Honestly this has been a fun read. For all the wrong reasons.

d_stilgar likes this.
  12. DeadP1xels

That looks incredibly fiddly...

For me, I think if you're going to that level of detail in a mod. Making everything look super neat, prim and proper I suspect you'll go ahead and have something made to suit your specific aesthetic rather than buy something in manufactured. It'll be way more expensive granted, but thats my personal opinion, I also think modders would want the credit for going to such lengths.

I also agree with your earlier thoughts, I think to manufacture this at scale will take quite a marketing campaign to make a viable return. I think releasing it was a sensible approach because I'm sure someone will look at this and formulate some sort of idea from it. Either that or they'll patent it and sell it for uber bucks in some other electrical engineering capacity and make SERIOUS DOLLAH!

I think in this instance, this doesn't feel like a money making opportunity... its still well in its infancy, and for that reason. I'm out.

*Neatly places empty notebook on table with no money*

d_stilgar and The_Crapman like this.
  13. el2k

el2k Modder

Actually not the worst idea I've seen. But 10/10 absolutely great read.

Weekly_Estimate and MLyons like this.
  14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I mean, maybe your very first paragraph:
    And then you completely my misunderstanding my analysis of why your business may have declined as a guess at what the item was. Soo, yeh. That then.

As for your idea, it's good, but flawed. For the mass market:
    -It will only work on full custom sleeved cables, where the vast majority of people who might be interested in this only use extensions.
    -In order to properly fit the sheaths, the cables would also needed to have been made to length to fit within the sheath. You'd have some wiggle room for collection and correction under the PSU shroud, but they really don't like too much of a difference in length, causes all kinds of distortion and would make plugging in the cable at the PSU end tricky, if not just popping the sheath off any chance it got.
    -not all case cable management is created equally. How many times would people want to return them because they wouldn't fit in their case? You'd likely have to get hold of or access to just about every case archetype for a compatibility list.
    -possibly the biggest killer, people want to see the cables. Why make them pretty if you're just going to hide them, 99% of the time they're hidden anyway when the case is closed.

As for its use in modding; there would be a few instances where it could be used but as explained at length, people would just make it themselves in the style and size required for their mod. And they do. Seen plenty of mods with carefully crafted cable channels. But mostly, cables are a big feature of mods now, in some cases one of their main features, not something to be hidden away, especially in something so awkward looking. Thus proving my point that you're vastly out of touch with modding.

BTW, FWIW I don't think anyone here mistook you for a child, your syntax wreaks of MSN. LOL ROFL LMFAO JK LMPAMC

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Me wondering just exactly where this thread is going to go next....

[​IMG]

Mojo, MLyons, goldstar0011 and 2 others like this.
  16. totalitymodz

1- its flawed for the mass market? it was designed to simply click around existing cables so could be used by almost anyone. users would only be required to cut the straight length as they desire and then use the connectors. so i think your 100% wrong there!

2- it will work with sleeved and unsleeved cables no problem..some users may have 1 sleeve around all cables on a psu or gpu leads that require removing to fit them,,not a great hassle but would probably void there warrantys. hey thats modding though! warrantys get voided!

3- extra cable would be hidden in a Psu shroud or in the back trays of a case where you dont see anyway so again your being pedantic and picking for something really! if its someone of intermediate modding skills they could easily cut and crimp a new pin on it with ease couldnt they?

4- you get returns no matter what business your in and thats just part of business, but again you think the Pc accesorry business is booming more than ever! ROFLMAO
    go ask bill owen,hassan,ricardo gomes,jim weist and plenty others in that sector whats really going on in that part of the market atm and tell them there business models are all wrong and out of date aswell!

5-clean looking rigid cable runs would be the feature and it would be easier than custom sleeving a whole PSU and probably cheaper. thats a fiddly and awkward job if you have actually ever done it?

6 - i seen plenty of mods with crafted cable channels in midplates etc,, hmmm i think Pope from Hex gear was one of the first to do that in about 2014 IIRC... nothing new there buddy? and i need to get with the times apparently? i think you think everyone is a pro modder and does cad and has access to CNC equipment?
    Anyway apparantly im vastly out of touch with modding and i have no idea about the business or the buyer im targeting with a product.

The thing i find funny is what you dont understand, that im not asking or wanting to be in the PC accessory market anymore as its dead and i know its dead,its that you! who has no experience or probably ever even done a mod in your life is trying to tell me something that has no substance to it and is just pure unfounded rhetoric based on your own opinion.show me some numbers or statistics of sales or something but you wont because its just BBB

Anyway im off to work now so have a lovely day watching tv and claiming your benefits probably and doing nothing but sitting on the internet all day talking CRAP!

17. totalitymodz

Funny how my posts are always awaiting moderation isnt it :read::read::read::read:

18. DeadP1xels

I believe thats all new members to Bit, stops the spouting of unsolicited BS I should expect

MLyons likes this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I wonder how many kids actually know what MSN is now..

Bloody_Pete and goldstar0011 like this.
  20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A couple days ago it dawned on me what I’ve been posting here since well before some members were even people.