1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

A night would be ideal, as liquid cooling is practically mandatory. :lol:

2. veato

veato I should be working

Pfizer no2 today. Was supposed to be Thursday but they had a batch to use up before throwing it out.

Mr_Mistoffelees and Arboreal like this.
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

All jabbed up. Had to queue up outside (to about ten minutes past my appointment), then into a poorly-ventilated (door open, windows closed) waiting area where I booked my second jab. Few minutes later, through, usual questions, stuck, into an even-more-poorly-ventilated (door closed, windows closed) waiting area with a sticker on my chest saying when I can leave.

Surprised to see a *number* of people wearing vented masks, too. Not ideal.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I use a vented mask, its got about 3 layers of material between my mouth and the vent. The vent is basically a decoration.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've one like that - the vent's behind a replaceable "PM2.5" filter, but punches through the mask material itself. Sadly, the ones I saw weren't like that: I saw the guy in front of me in the queue put his on, and it was one of those biking dust masks with the doughnut-shaped filter which does not cover the vent. The guy to my left in the waiting room, meanwhile, had an FFP2 mask with a vent - which, again, is a genuine functional vent which bypasses the filter.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That boils my urine does that, either everyone needs to wear a vented mask or everyone needs to wear an unvented mask, when it's mix and match everyone just as well may not bother.

Not worth me loosing sleep over but it irks some.

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Yes that's the one.

Anyway you know this thing has gone on too long when everyone's a feckin' mask aficionado.

In better news, I've been fast tracked for a vaccine due to my unfortunate past, meaning I'll be getting it months ahead of my peer group. By the end of this month I'll be fully vaccinated.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Hey, part of my job covers looking at PPE, I've had a full selection of masks with various fits n filters in my garage for years

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just had my second coronalurgy jab.

MadGinga likes this.
  10. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Got my first 5g microchip injection booked for next week. Cant wait to get my wifi uplink :)

11. Risky

Risky Modder

In the waiting room after my second shot of Pfizer.

I guess this should finally connect me to those orbital space lasers or whatever Bill Gates is up to......

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No dude, the Jewish Space Lasers are what's causing wildfires, man! Open your eyes, sheeple!

13. Risky

Risky Modder

If you can't see the link it just shows how deep the conspiracy goes........

(I think this the usual logic)

Byron C likes this.
  14. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Had some good news about my mum over the last few weeks. She's now been in hospital for around 7 weeks, she was slowly weaned off the oxygen over a week or so, starting with stopping using the CPAP machine, then on to free flow and finally without the oxygen altogether. She's coped well and they are getting her ready for discharge now. That's not so simple though as she's lost a lot of strength in her muscles due to being laid up for so long, so they've moved her to a rehabilitation ward for some intensive work with her. The doctors believe if she hadn't been so active before contracting Covid and if she hadn't fought so hard, she wouldn't have survived. There were quite a few others in my mum's age group who were in the hospital at the same time who didn't so she's been lucky and we are all counting our blessings! There were a few times we thought we were going to lose her, but each time she managed to pull through it! The thing is with my mum, she's a natural fighter, always has been and always will. She's really impressed the physios with her attitude and determination already. My mum is even nagging me to let her walk Snowdon with me next summer, I've been trying to put her off but she's set her mind on it, so will most likely end up doing it with me! It won't be the easy way up with her either!

My wife, sister and I are working on my mum's house at the moment, trying to make it a bit easier for her when she does get home. I haven't seen my mum face to face since she first went into hospital. My mum's allowed one visitor and it has to be the same visitor all the time. My sister and I agreed it should be her, I have asthma and at the time of choosing who should go I'd not had any of my two jabs so there was a risk to it for me more than for her. Well I got told and had to agree, that sort of arrangement ;-) My kids and wife are desperate to see my mum too. Hopefully she will recover soon enough to get her home!!

GaryP, Nexxo, theshadow2001 and 4 others like this.
  15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'm really pleased for you all, it's an absolute ordeal isn't it?

stuartpb likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That settles it, next time I take the dog out for a walk, I'm strapping a big mirror to my head.

Byron C likes this.
  17. Risky

Risky Modder

your dog will probably leave you.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I got the letter yesterday that I'm booked in for Pfizer #1 on Thursday next week at 9am... the problem is that it coincides with our flit, and I'm a little concerned about side effects.

Can anyone who's had the Pfizer comment on how they felt afterwards? I'm going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting on the same day I get the vaccine (loading a van) and I'll be doing more of the same and driving a van on the Friday.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Got mine in the afternoon, and felt fine. Next day I had a sore arm, a bit like someone had punched me in it the day before. Didn't stop me doing anything, and I could use it fine - just with a little pain. A day later it'd gone away again. The pain, not the arm; that'd be a hell of a side effect!

I've been feeling - and continue to feel - absolutely rotten, but that's the result of a cold my kid gave me I can't seem to shift, and started well before the vaccination. Dunno if that masked any other side effects.

LennyRhys likes this.
  20. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Had the Moderna yesterday afternoon. Arm was sore by the time I went to bed and is still sore this morning, but not to the point I can't use it. Would suspect that the pain would disappear though if I was doing something. Had a few friends who've had the Pfizer in the last week or so and they've all had nothing worse than a sore arm.