1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Dave, anything a mainlander can do to help?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Nah, it's fine, Tre. I've got it covered. Thanks, mate.

Just having a rant at the stupidity of it.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Went to put flowers on my son's grave. Could not find it for ten minutes as it was so overgrown. In fact fire ants had built a nest and abandoned it since the last time it was attended to.

My ex-wife has apparently moved away and not told me to take care of it. I would have done so in a heartbeat had she just told me. (The fact that I had to stay away from his grave because she didn't want to see me is how this all happened. My only child, and she wanted to ban me from his grave. Makes me see her in a totally different light.)

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Just been feeling crap the last few days, general frustration with people and things and stuff!

Also, stupid me suggested buying a tablet outright to my partners nan, rather than go to a phone shop. She wanted someone to help her sort it out so I suggested not going to a phone shop to be stung for a air tariff she will never use, buy the tablet outright as they're fairly simple to set up and save some dosh. I agreed to help her out if needed (i.e pop round one evening for a predetermined time)

Got invited for tea, which while its nice she makes a good lasagne (although I swear it contains a tube of tomato puree), Just today is certainly not ideal... my partner also realised it wasn't ideal. Son has been to nursery and is generally exhausted and wants his bed pronto. too early to sleep by say... a gentle car ride perhaps? is enough to recharge his batteries ready to be a pain in the arse ALL NIGHT LONG.

She tried to weasel her way out of it but her attempts only resulted in it being pushed from 5pm to 6pm... Somebody thought suggesting an hours doctor appointment was a sufficient excuse to rule out the whole evening!?

When she also added the whole COVID thing her nan proclaimed "All those important have been vaccinated and are safe" Uh... HELLOOOOOO, I understand the intended sentiment here but come on now!?

So tonight I'm having a (very tasty) but VERY RICH! Lasagne, a sleepless night and probably the squits.

BON APPETIT

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

TOTAL first world problem, but...

[​IMG]

I mean... come on... seriously?! Virgin Media connection quality is all over the shop, but I can literally run an intensive bandwidth test at the same damn time and still get a fairly fast result ffs!

[​IMG]

Yes, I signed up to their PlayPro ********, because £14.99 for a month for one month is cheaper than the retail cost of Mass Effect Legendary Edition...

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Good friend of mine and a second father figure departed on his next adventure yesterday

Rest in peace J

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

photos from the last game day have surfaced online, holy **** I've put weight on this past year.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ha, yeah... um....

Not ready to confront that particular demon right now, I'm just gonna open another Hobgoblin instead...

IanW, Arboreal and liratheal like this.
  9. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

first world problems and all, but the Sky Q remote has vanished :(

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Thoughts and prayers.

for me: really late night last night, feeling rough today and going away tomorrow for the weekend. Hope I'm not coming down with anything...

Last edited: 20 May 2021
    MadGinga likes this.
  11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I took delivery of enough timber to make 12 metres of fencing yesterday, and the forecast is solid rain for the next six days :blah:

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Pete J likes this.
  13. MadGinga

Yeah, tried that, no beeping to be heard. so either the batteries are dead, its buried so deep that the beeping is too muffled; or its no longer in the house...

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I don't think you can control the box from the "Sky Go" phone app.
    But you can ask them for the new "Voice" remote for free.
    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-voice-control

15. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Moments ago, I learned of the passing of Berserk's mangaka Kentaro Miura at the age of 54. As someone who's been reading this manga for almost 20 years, this news hits hard.

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Apparently it may have been undiagnosed Marfan syndrome. As a Marf myself, this hits hard. Aortic dissection is my greatest fear.

17. MadGinga

learnt that i'll be losing my job last night.
    email sent at 5:30pm on the last day of the working week (we do a 4 day week) - thanks for ruining my weekend!

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oof. Sorry to hear that, bud.

MadGinga likes this.
  19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

That's properly s**t - I am sorry to hear that.

MadGinga likes this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Sad to hear, chap. Really poor way of letting you know, bad form on their part.

My dentist friend's boss recently called one one of the nurses on a Saturday night to let her know she was being let go. What the hell is wrong with some people?

When I was made redundant, my boss had the goddamn decency to let me know as soon as he was allowed to, which from memory was a Tuesday morning.

MadGinga likes this.