1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Decided to get one of these, I was going ATX but there is nothing quite like a matx and its does me fine. £70.

Arboreal likes this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Finally got ****ed off with my Aorus being a POS with regards to doing what I want it to do. It's now in an infuriating cycle of every other boot claiming an error that's subsequently fixed by going into the BIOS, changing nothing, and exiting the BIOS again.

Grabbed an MSI MEG X570 ACE and a generic AM4 waterblock from EK with no fancy crap.

..Which does, of course, mean I get to strip all the stuff out I did today to fit the new board. Joy of joys.

3. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

[​IMG]

New finger detacher

The_Crapman, Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My transition to the dark side is almost complete.

[​IMG]

Second-hand, but it's in pristine condition. It's also recently been serviced by Apple for: keyboard, battery replacement, and screen replacement. They really have flushed quality control down the toilet in recent years and it's sad to see that it takes class action lawsuits for them to pay attention. But they're still damn fine machines...

Of course I'm not getting rid of the gaming PC, because gaming on a mac? HAAAAAAAAA no, don't make me laugh.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My standing desk arrived Tuesday and its glorious. Got an Imprint anti-fatigue mat to go along with it, which is a joy to stand on! Also finally bit the bullet and got a cordless drill, just a fairly mid-range black&decker jobby.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Glorious things those. Just make sure you check the torque setting when you're both drilling and screwing. I had to fix up a table after some eejit (not me for once) snapped off the retention bolts in one side of the frame
    [​IMG]
    Bit as luck would have it I'd just taken apart an old bed and had a bunch of long bolts and nuts I could use instead, would just need a bit of drilling out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything was going so well, went to fit the last bolt, needed a little more drilling out for the nut, then went to tighten the bolt and
    [​IMG]
    :duh::wallbash:

Managed to glue it all back up, redrill the bolt hole and it's doing ok now. Still annoying though.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  7. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Take your weapon. Strike down your gaming PC with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Oooof! Always the way!

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Guess who has two thumbs and her very own (motor)home? This girl!

Pictures to come, today I move it in and into it. I can't wait.

Omnislip likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Thought I wouldn't be able to post this for months yet, but I just won the Scan F5 lottery for a 3080 FE (not a Ti) ! :rock:

[​IMG]

EDIT: It's not absolutely certain yet, no confirmation emails from Scan.
    However I have had confirmation from the finance company, so hopefully Scan's email should follow in a day or two.
    The reason for the finance is that all my GPU savings are tied up in Paypal, but there's apparently no Paypal button for FE cards.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2021
    Byron C, David, Spraduke and 3 others like this.
  11. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

How do they advertise these? Do they just come up as normal when available?

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I follow an alert bot ( @PartAlert ) on Twitter.

UPDATE:- Confirmation email now received from Scan.
    UPDATE 2:- My order history at Scan now shows "Awaiting picking" - HYPE intensifies!
    UPDATE 3:- All 4 Scan emails now received. Just the card itself to come on Monday.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2021
    MightyBenihana likes this.
  13. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

So i came across a cool find the other day, the fella on Facebook was throwing away a computer case, no model just that it was a Coolermaster, so i went to take a punt on it. I was not expecting to go and find this.

The coolermast HAF 942 (HAF X). And Jesus me it was glorious, so dusty and layers of filth. So i gave her some love.

Took it apart, showered, and scrubbed it, decided i would keep it over my p300 case (its seen better days)

And my lord its a monster. So much bigger, so much heavier, so much better built with so much expandability. All the ports bar the esata work on it as well. Quite impressed for a free find :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I have a HAF 932 (the OG HAF) in the basement, if you want it.

IanW, goldstar0011 and Bloody_Pete like this.
  15. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Think my missus might bust me with all the stuff ive been picking up lately...... Would love to but not sure how much it would cost to ship that thing to Scotland buddy :)

If u wanna check and let me know, i do know a few mates that would love a change in case from their prebuilt dell cases and such :), might be able to arrange postage cost

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh that's nice. Always loved the higher end Coolermaster cases. I have had two of their ATCS cases, a 201, one of the first things that started me off after finding Bit Tech:

[​IMG]

And now I use an 840, which I only got as the 201 was too narrow for modern graphics cards. I can't ever see myself getting another case now as this thing is huge, even bigger than your HAF (those are 2 x 230mm fans in the top with another in the front...):

[​IMG]

What are your plans for it?

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I love that case, one of my all time favourites! Did a build in one for a friend well over a decade ago and was a joy to build in!

Almightyrastus likes this.
  18. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Oh I'm using it lol it's far to pretty not to be used, my water cooler might be tie wrapped in but it's working a treat lol

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

A pair of Galaxy A51 5G Verizon phones and a case for the one going to Connor. Early birthday for him and fixing a phone that gets no signal for me.

20. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

My current PC is still built on the rather nice removable motherboard tray from one of those :happy: