1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

5G injection scheduled for Sunday 27th and my signal boost for Sunday August 1st

IanW and enbydee like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got a text through from the NHS saying I'm "eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, book now" - despite having already booked a second appointment two months or so away, my first jab being a month in the past.

Confirmed my details, and it still says I'm eligible - so I booked for next week. I'm guessing uptake is low around here, so if there's vaccines going begging I'm not going to complain about getting my second shot early (and a lot closer to the manufacturer's recommended schedule!)

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You're probably already aware but, if you tend to sleep on one side, get the jab in the other arm.

IanW and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

it's a small thing, but I'm really pleased that I managed to get my hands on a nearly mint condition vintage Prior binocular inspection microscope, for about £42,-- on eBay. In its original box with key, which is even more rare.

I wanted one for beekeeping (inspecting dead bees for pests) and for electronics (inspecting soldering joints etc).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The light still works. It seems to come from a school lab originally, and had its last inspection in 2004.

I'm really pleased with this. :)

Byron C, IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I started the day with a pile of wood, and now I have to decide what colour to paint it;

[​IMG]

Brain says black because brain is big brain. Except when it comes to remembering to buy more 12v white LED's, which is why the middle shelf is.. Dim. Kind of an overkill power brick, though, running a 12v10a block because I had two.. Although I do have power now for the LED's and the upscaler doodad that I still need to build a container for. And add a 5v drop buck converter for Byron's board of many tricks.

The shelf does need to be that tall, too, because the PS2 disc tray lid pops up a fair distance. It also gives some air-gap room for the Xbox when that finally retires from lounge duty. Or a PS4 if I ever find one for a not hilarious price.

Might add some rubber sealing strip stuff along the top shelf to stop light bleed, but since the TV is scheduled for a backlight too, it's probably not overly important.

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Two things: having a date with my first non-binary person today and been on HRT for 300 days

Time flies

Byron C and Nexxo like this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Today I decided to pluck up the courage to visit where I used to live. The place that made me so mentally unwell I took two overdoses. A lot has happened since. I won two lawsuits and got great revenge by letting ES take over the property and condemning it. Two years and six months have passed, and the memories were so painful I could not even go to the town it was in. Today though I decided to be brave. And I am glad I did, because it closed the chapter and also the book. So here it is. The main door has been repainted.

[​IMG]

As you can see whilst she was there she made friends with the neighbours.

[​IMG]

As I was turning to leave the front door opened. It was my boss old neighbours who I really like. They told me there was something inside I had to see.

[​IMG]

They even let me get a trophy shot :D

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

after numerous cancellations due to the dreaded vid I finally FINALLY got to play at the gaol, holy **** what a day, storming and clearing jail wings with mates was the best thing ever and the new vector; man I shot so many people with her that she's very quickly becoming my new primary.

very happy day indeed. :lol:

[​IMG]

Goatee, Pete J and Auxilliary like this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Riding.

Some highlights from the past 10 days. Had one off because of cramp.

Inland last week riding through Yapton.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funny little place. This is literally it. Three shops lol

[​IMG]

Aldwick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Felpham

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Middleton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kim and Pete J like this.
  10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Made a really good start cleaning the loft out yesterday, slowly but surely its turned into a dumping ground for eBay inventory. I could no longer get up into the loft safely.

When I sat down to check what I actually had listed It didn't add up the amount of loft space I'd used. I'd like to say it was just boxes stacked haphazardly but that would be complimentary... It was just a pile and everything was very hard to find which was making time to wrap and ship unnecessarily tiresome. 7 black bags of random bin worthy junk and a full car load of cardboard/banana boxes for the recycling centre and I have room to move! Wooohooo. now to fill it up again.....

Also, this week I'm taking Thursday & Friday off (Thursday being my birthday if you've forgotten to send my card and present :lol:) Thursday is an auction day so will probably chill at home and Sunday I plan to go to a car boot sale... the first in many years...

Good job I cleaned out that loft ey :grin:

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Finding this in my Twitter timeline this morning:-

[​IMG]

BTW - Those are movie-correct number plates on the Minis!

Pete J, Gunsmith and Arboreal like this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I spent three days last week and three days this week (technically, day 3 is tomorrow) in a godforsaken town to have workshops with a client who is filled with friendly but useless people.

The good news? I won't have to come here next week after I told them I find it highly useless and that they do pay a lot for my services while I'm just sitting there trying not to look too bored instead of actually working (for them).

13. Vault-Tec

It's peeing down.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Send that rain over my way when you're done with it, will you?

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'm looking forward to a proper rip roaring lightening storm

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

17. kim

kim hardware addict

Just wanted to share my joy ... :grin:... it's done, after 3 years as a temper, I have been definitely hired by Bosch company, I must add that, especially during this troubled times, this was a challenge, I'm very happy and feel way much secure for future :thumb: :naughty:

18. kim

kim hardware addict

Thanks guys :grin:

MLyons likes this.
  19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Congratulations! Don't forget to use all that staff discount to fill up the Power Tools thread! :thumb:

20. kim

kim hardware addict

Thank you, well, :grin: I can add my contribution to the Power Tools thread!, I have a few here.... unfortunately the Bosch factory where I work doesn't produce tooling but car ABS :sad:

Last edited: 17 Jun 2021