1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious but lighthearted

Discussion in 'Serious' started by captain firespray, 6 Jul 2021.

1. captain firespray

captain firespray What's a Dremel?

Finally at long last feel able to begin to go through Alesandro's treasure chest, He certainly had a very wide range of interests, all with the £sign somewhere close, his collections of various - as i most unfairly used to tell him , was to me junk, lol oh how he proved me so very wrong on many occasions.
    His title, kidmod was apt the southpaw caught me unawares many times.
    my main aim of this post is to see if any bittech members are interested in a few keyboards and motherboards he had hidden away, by now probably old hat stuff, but hey maybe someone could make use of them. Yugiuhi,Super saiyan figures to limited edition coca cola bottles, seems no end of his feritle mind.
    Today posting this has given me a great lift, brought him back in very fond memories of all the times we had together, may be gone but never a day goes by that i dont miss him, so for a while he lives again if anyone has an interest in any of his goodybox. feel free to message me if so.

maple, GaryP, boiled_elephant and 5 others like this.
  2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

That's great that you're finally able to go through a veritable Aladdin's cave of tech and trinkets! I'm glad posting has given you a lift as well, Kidmod is still sorely missed (though never forgotten)!
    I'll let others get in on the goodybox though, space isn't exactly extensive these days :lol:

MLyons likes this.
  3. captain firespray

Space, thats why have finally got round to opening the boxes, lol oh and plus the wife wants her spare room back one day.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Forever in our thoughts (see sig below).

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

i'm sure he'd be glad a thread for him can be light-hearted again. I bought a set of speakers of a bit-techer - turned out they had been kidmods before hand. A lot of his stuff still probably gets used daily and appreciated by people on here. I'm still sometimes surprised not see his avatar appear in threads that I'm sure would have interested him. I didn't know him, but I miss him - it's a strange thing an internet community.

6. captain firespray

Hi people, this luddite needs some help, have been through loads of kid's gear, and my question is, how do i put them up for offers, all going cheap lol, think you used to have a market place, my eyesight cant find one. any help greatly appreciated.

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm very new in regards to everyone else so I never had the pleasure of speaking to Alesandro. I don't typically override permissions but in this case it falls into the "greater good" company policy. I'll override your account to give you permissions to access that section. Please also don't hesitate to contact me directly over PMs or email if you need any help with logistics or anything else. :thumb:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2021
  8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

All this talk of poking around in his goodybox sounds wrong. -Phrasing, people!
    Kidmod would've wanted me to make that joke. :worried:

MLyons likes this.
  9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

10. captain firespray

@ MLyons, many thanks for help, once again i see why the little sod loved this site, lol so much of his stuff was deposited here when mum an sis moved houe, was always a sucker for his using my good nature, could charm anything he set his mind to, as probably a few bittechers found out, many of who looking round are also sadly no longer around , probs all formed own club up in the ether lol, may they all have many times of joy.

11. captain firespray

Ashdown amp going spare needing new home lol?

12. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Got to say, I'm sitting here with both a small smile and a tear in my eye - I will watch for your thread in the Marketplace.