1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Woah... you're having a go at me when @Mister_Tad twiddles his in front of a webcam!?!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Don't worry Dave @Mr_Mistoffelees is just miffed you put your subs up.

Mr_Mistoffelees and Byron C like this.
  3. Age

Age Minimodder

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Mar 2021
    Byron C and Pete J like this.
  4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

You got the LEGO bonsai!! Awesome, I really need to pick that up for my desk (either here or in the office).

5. Age

Age Minimodder

It's a really good Lego set! Being allergic I am quite excited if they launch a broader botanical collection!

Almightyrastus likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Still not sure I'm sold on the vertical monitor; it's a cheap monitor so the viewing angles aren't great... But it's literally the only way I can fit everything on my desk that I want on there.

Still too many wires though. Need to lose the mixing desk and get an audio interface instead (one that isn't a cheap Behringer thing (not because I think they're cheap or too ****, but because they're a horribly unethical company)). Might even re-arrange the desk again because @Age's very clean setup there has given me some ideas!! :lol:

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

A very badly light photo of my setup (the light auto-dims at night and I couldn't be bothered to raise it). I now live the standing desk life! To the point where I haven't used my desk chair in weeks! Its fantastic, it really suits me, as I often prefer to be standing doing things anyway. One thing thats a must is a top quility anti-fatigue mat, mine was around £100 but it is litterally a joy to stand on! I kind of wish I'd just got a fixed or manual standing desk now, as it would have saved my hundreds of pounds!

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

New room new setup, I'm not permanently work from home so company laptop on a stand this is work in progress though, wall with the window is being repainted slightly darker, an remove the border. Curtain is being taken up a bit. Need some lighting left side which I'll sort with some LED strips also left side I'm extending the desk out with some fancy ideas.
    Need some form of wall art though its rather bland.
    Oh an right hand side I'm adding a panel to match in more the desk.

[​IMG]

11. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Does your mic need phantom power?

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yep, like most XLR condensers!

Although I'm conflicted about getting rid of the mixing desk, and potentially might embark on another quest to find a mixer which has a multitrack audio interface built in!

13. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

No worries, I couldn't see make and model from the photos and I know a lot of the podcast-type mics looks like side address condensers but are actually dynamic. I have a 2nd gen Focusrite Solo that is sitting unused as the phantom power is broken. You could have had it but ebay it is!

Byron C likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah crap, never mind! Thanks for the consideration though! :grin:

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not ready to show my room yet, but I just re-shelled my PC as part of the quarterly (approx) upgrade cycle.
    Here it is on the bench in my workshop, after first startup.

[​IMG]

Disclosure, due to an open circuit on the power switch wiring, I had to bodge together my own power switch lead, while I wait for Lian-Li to send me a replacement.
    Next quarter will see some more fans added, and maybe I'll go back to a full ATX motherboard (A Gigabyte Aero G X570S for preference)

16. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I have another desk on the other side of the room and some storage but itll become the new borns in a few months time until I can get my office built in the garden. Making the most of it whilst I can!!!

Pete J likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Started sorting out The Mess(tm) today.

First you start with The Mess(tm).

[​IMG]

Then you pull everything off the shelves and make The Mess(tm) worse.

[​IMG]

There is method in this madness however, because it allows you to create space to try and fix The Mess(tm).

[​IMG]

Then you partially destroy The Mess(tm) by stacking it back on shelves.

Very awkward to take photos in this space because between my desk and the shelves there's basically only enough room to tilt my chair back. The janky dangling power cable is because I don't have any spare extensions. I will fix tomorrow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally what started as The Mess(tm) becomes... er... Slightly Less Mess(tm)! :grin:

[​IMG]

Still loads of tidying and sorting to do. I wanted my CRT monitor up on a shelf so that I can use it for retro systems, but I couldn't figure out how to make it fit properly between the speakers. I've just figured out how dumb I was being, but fixing it involves pulling everything off two shelves again and no. Just... no. At least not this evening, anyway.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Did it. Got the CRT up on a shelf. Here's hoping that 50KG weight limit per shelf doesn't let me down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That'll do for a while. Need some new SCART cables for a lot of these systems anyway. The Xbox and the Game Cube didn't have SCART cables, only composite, and the Playstation SCART cables are knackered.

Pete J and maple like this.
  19. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

And one of "the other side" which I do the office work from.

And by that I mean, office work is done on the small silver laptop, the other laptop and screen are used to game on occasion but to mostly help manage OBS when gaming on my main PM.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hate re-arranging my desk. Satisfying when done, but hateful to actually do...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: I'm aware that the filing cabinet can't be opened with my mic stand mounted there. I'll be moving Erik (the filing cabinet) tomorrow, ready to get a new desk for the other half.

DOUBLE EDIT: If anyone knows of a better stand for a small mixing desk then I'm all ears! A laptop stand just doesn't look right!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Oct 2021
    andrew8200m and The_Crapman like this.