1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling I will Never buy from amazon again

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by numanoid, 18 Jul 2021.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Ah, a masochist I see :p

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

When I start having issues with them I'm sure I'll start thinking differently, like I did with scan.

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The main reason I buy from Amazon these days, and it does represent a big chunk of buying (278 orders so far in 2021 apparently), is because time is precious. I.e. the ability to go from "hey we're out of bin liners" to "hey bin liners will be delivered tomorrow" in 12 seconds flat.

I don't like it, I'd rather buy somewhere else (and will if it's a "sit down and shop" affair most of the time), but until there's someone else that can offer that level of service, it's Amazon.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Funny how YMMV works. I stopped using Amazon years ago because I consistently found better prices and better experiences on Ebay. But I regularly see Ebay slagged off online.

Of course I had some things needing emails to sort over the years, but so few it's not worth complaining about.

Now what we know about awful working conditions and the fact Bezos makes £2k a second, and I'm like..well never using Amazon again EVER.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Well... there's a problem with the "Bezos makes £2K a second" line of thinking, because every business's profits will ultimately trickle down to some super-rich mogul who will be earning £N per second. Much like Mister Tad, we buy on Amazon because no other company offers that level of turnaround. On more than one occasion I've ordered something in the late morning that has been at my door the same evening. That's not hard to beat... it's simply unbeatable.

That's not to say we buy exclusively from Amazon, but it's usually our first port of call because we have experienced a consistently fast turnaround and consistently good customer service, but not by chance - we are careful who we order from, and regularly fact-check reviews in case all the positives are from bots.

wyx087 likes this.
  6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The only online reviews I trust are on ScrewFix.