1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

*Starts petition to get @Almightyrastus's webcam running for Teams meetings*
    :lol:

Almightyrastus likes this.
  2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I don't think I actually own one anymore. My webcam days are well behind me now (good old Yahoo Messenger - fun times).

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It sounds harsh, but I tend to agree with a lot of this. If I'm attending a Teams/Zoom meeting then it's usually a meeting I've created, and if it's a meeting I've created then I usually have specific things that need to be discussed or achieved. If we're not doing that then we're wasting each other's time. I don't mind having a natter and having a catch up, but you do need to be respectful of other people's time - most people (at least the ones I work with) almost certainly aren't being paid to sit in meetings all day. I'm one of those rare weirdos that actually likes doing their job, and the more time I spend talking about it the less time I spend doing it, and the more frustrating it is!

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Whatever about pets. The real issue is kids. People tend to get offended when you tell their kid making yet another cameo on the meeting app to **** off you're trying to get **** done.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I understand it's difficult for parents working from home. But when your child is clambering all over you and literally screeching into your microphone... Yeah.

theshadow2001 likes this.
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Taking my 15 year old son to the gym on his request, and watch him making gains in the first month is awesome to me.

And yes, I am a qualified L2 gym instructor :grin:

MLyons and theshadow2001 like this.
  7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Giggling like an idiot over Apple's £9 Type-C to 3.5mm dongle, it really is a very good little DAC indeed.

Now I need to find the most inappropriate amp possible to plug one into.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

My nixie clock, made with some IN-14 nixies bought from a dodgy geezer called Sergei in the Ukraine, and a PIC which I flashed myself with some code downloaded from a website, actually works. Which is nice.

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Installed my shiny NVME today, cloned the old boot drive using CloneZilla, pulled out the old boot drive, booted into Windows from the NVME drive, everything activated and working. Done within less than 30 minutes.

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Target shooting with the .22 air rifle is just so immersive and enjoyable. More specifically, getting ten-shot groups like this (I'm not a pro by any stretch) is deeply satisfying and definitely makes life awesome. Distance here was 25 yards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IanW, MLyons, Almightyrastus and 2 others like this.
  11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Whoever is holding that 20p is brave! :lol:

Mr_Mistoffelees, spolsh, IanW and 5 others like this.
  12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Imagine how tighter that'd be with the superior .177 calibre :hehe:
    Springer or PCP?

LennyRhys likes this.
  13. Almightyrastus

Nice shooting. That would be about the same as I would normally manage with my Air Arms S200 in .22 (once I managed to find out what pellets it liked, that took a while as it turned out to be semi-pointed Air Arms Hunters of all things). I had an S410 in .177 as well and that would manage slightly smaller at the same sort of range.

At 10m I would get about that as well with my Drulov Du-10 pistol.

Not been shooting for years now and I am pretty sure that my (now) old S200 is in some serious need of restoration. Add that to the list of projects I guess...

LennyRhys likes this.
  14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I always wanted an S410... looks like such a lovely rifle. There were a couple of them at our local club but I never shot one.

@mrlongbeard springer - HW95K. I've been wrestling with it for a while now, trying to get it to group properly, and the only way I can achieve groups like this is basically only to touch the trigger. If I so much as look at it the wrong way, the groups open up.

And FYI the superior calibre is actually .20 :grin:

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Dunno what's so awesome about that. You missed it every fugging time!!

Pete J, LennyRhys and spolsh like this.
  16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Nixie pics please

LennyRhys and theshadow2001 like this.
  17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Nice.
    I've got a 97KT behind me that's a fussy bugger.
    And I've still not had a chance to let loose with the BSA Ultra I picked up earlier in the year.

LennyRhys likes this.
  18. Almightyrastus

I had both .22 and .177 barrels and magazines for my S410. It was the full length one as well, not regulated, but very well tuned (legal limit). Had a big side focus scope on it too, proper setup for field target use although I never got into that, never got along with the rest of the people that I found in that sport and ended up just paper punching for personal fun.

It was certainly great fun, but it all got kinda mechanical in the end, it was just so precise, especially given that it was the 410 with the full length barrel. I ended up much preferring the 10m pistol stuff using a pistol designed for an event that was intended to be more like the 5 shot shooting section of a biathlon. Sadly that event never really took off, but 5 rapid fire shots from a true semi-automatic target air pistol was great fun.

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got a play with this today. 20210806_104129.jpg

LennyRhys likes this.
  20. Almightyrastus

Oh nice, had a play with one of those years ago that had been turned up to 80 ft.lbs with .25 pellets. That was a monster, those pellets arrived with a hell of a whack. The guy used to use it for hunting hares at ranges of 60 yards plus.